in the markets

Status
Not open for further replies.
After wandering about the market place for a while, you spot a sign above a door that says Rasmus' Elixirium.

An older gentlemen, upon seeing Fredrick looking around, says "Good Day. Is there something I can be helping you with good sir?" from his position behind a large counter.

"Yes sir I am looking for a few things. I need to find 2 fermented spider eyes and Scarab beetles to start. Also I need 6 lionfish spines"

"Right then, let's see what I got. Fairly common items those are, and I am certain that I just saw some spider eyes moments ago...." the old man begins checking the shelf behind him and grabs a small vial and places it on the counter. "Yes, here are the eyes. This vial would be 1 sp." Moving across the room to a clay jar, he removes the lid and takes out 6 light coloured sticks "And these would be your lionfish spines, for these 6 cp", heading to the counter he puts those down next the vial of eyes. Moving to a wooden box on a shelf, he looks inside and sighs "Alas it looks like I be out of Scarab beetles though." Going to stand behind the counter again beside the items he did have, he looks at Fredrick and waits to see if there was anything else needed.

Fredrick looks at the vial and make sure there are two eyes in it.
"You don't know a good place to go to get the beetles. I need to get them fairly soon but have a few days?"

You notice that there are 3 eyes in the vial as the store keep begins to speak.

"Well, you could try The Mortar and Pestle just a few streets over to the north or is it the east?...anyway, there is also The Blue Phial over towards the Home Guard Barracks, Elton's Elixirs on the west side past the creek, or Calenhelm's Cauldron in the SE. One of them is bound to have some I be thinkin'. Your total for these items here be 1 sp 6 cp please sir." the old man says as he holds out his hand.

Fredrick gives the man 2 Silver and takes the items.
"Keep the change as my thanks for the information, when I have some more time I should come back and look around in here some more. I am always looking out for odds and ends."

With that Fredrick leaves and heads for the Blue Phial.

After trekking through the city streets and locating The Blue Phial, you enter into a small shop and see a young dryad behind the counter measuring out some kind of dust or sand into small ingredient pouches.

"Hello" she says. "No, I am all out of scarab beetles I'm afraid. You might want to try Rasmus's Elixirium over in the central marketplace, The Slug and Jiggers Apothecary is just south of here a ways as is Elton's Elixirs, or Calenhelm's Cauldron out to the east."

" Thanks I was just at Rasmus's Elixirium and he is out too but I will try the others"
With that Fredrick heads south to The Slug and Jiggers Apothecary

Finding The Slug and Jiggers was fairly simple as the large sign with the picture of a slug on it was bright and bold. Stepping inside, you are greeted by lots of light and bright colors amidst all the jars, vials, boxes and containers. A brightly garbed Gypsy man stands on a barrel, placing a jar of some kind of jellyfish on a top shelf. He looks down as you enter and hops off the barrel, agile as a monkey, a large smile on his face and his curly hair sticking out in all directions.

"Welcome good sir! What can I help you with today?" he greets you with hearty cheer.

"Ah yes! I just got some in the other day." the gypsy says. From behind the counter he grabs a small box and walks over to a larger glass container on a shelf at the back of the room. Following him, you can see about a dozen of the large beetles scurrying around in the container, clearly alive. Taking the lids off both the small box and the large glass container, he turns to you and says "So, how many do you need? They are 5 cp each".

"Hmm..let's see" the store keep starts counting...."It looks like there are at least 10 here, maybe a few more than that. I'll just box up 10 of the little guys for you how 'bout. Makes it an even 5 sp if that works for you my good sir!" and with that he starts grabbing beetles and putting them into the box he brought.

Fredrick takes out 5 silver and Pays the storekeeper.
"Thank you, there seems to be a shortage of these little guys at the momment I am sure the price will be going up soon."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back