Insect Wylderkin

If the local chapter says it's cool, go for it. The idea that a raptor-kin breaks the 4th wall more than a 16 year old kid in a tabbard and make-up portraying a giant ice troll or a fierce hated opponent asking what spell you just hit him with is a little silly. Everyone has their own style and opinion of what is the proper way to play. I mean, we have character costumes from literally hundreds of years of history all mashing up in one time period. At any given event you can see a samurai, pirate, knight, Victorian noble and cave man hanging out in a light bulb lit tavern.

Wraith said:
Heck, it's coded into the IG laws in some chapters. You know, specifically defining which races are legally people, and hence which death is murder and which is a community service.

Laws of Gaden said:
Sentient Beings – Sentient Beings are legally defined as a member of the following races and no others – Human, Barbarian, Gypsies, High Orcs, High Ogres, Biata, Stone Elves, Sarr, Wylderkyn, Hoblings, Dryads, Dark Elves, and Mystic Wood Elves.

Just so this doesn't get taken out of context in this forum, this in-game law came about directly due to in-game actions of players. Within the local in-game context, it makes a lot of sense.

xaskus said:
My character is a Scorpion Kin :D

But scorpions are Arachnids :p

Wraith said:
Heck, it's coded into the IG laws in some chapters. You know, specifically defining which races are legally people, and hence which death is murder and which is a community service.

Laws of Gaden said:
Sentient Beings – Sentient Beings are legally defined as a member of the following races and no others – Human, Barbarian, Gypsies, High Orcs, High Ogres, Biata, Stone Elves, Sarr, Wylderkyn, Hoblings, Dryads, Dark Elves, and Mystic Wood Elves.

ok, sorry for going off topic, but :shock: I dont see "Elves" on this list...just Stone, Dark and Mystic Wood...... :funny: :funny: glad I dont play and Elf that goes there.....

The current posted law from http://mnalliance.com/sheltered-lands/laws/ is:

Sentient Beings – Sentient Beings are legally defined as a member of the following races and no others – Human, Barbarian, Gypsies, High Orcs, High Ogres, Biata, Stone Elves, Sarr, Wylderkyn, Hoblings, Dryads, Dark Elves, Elves, Dwarves and Mystic Wood Elves

o the fun ways to see loop holes,
cant play a faun play a gout kin who plays the pipes loves to dance and has an obsession for chasing women.... you just cant only be gout from the wast down...

wish you could play a unicorn human hybrid play a narwhal kin, you love basking in the mists of waterfalls your pail almost whit gray skin is sleek , you have a horn on your forehead just no long tail .....

wish you could be a Centaur play a horse kin you just get 2 hoofs instead of 4 , and long face, does not mean you cant run a round loosely clothed and bear foot

wish you where a griffin, play a eagle kin that hunts lines and wheres there skins as pelts and has a funny looking hat that is made out of a main of a lion....

want to play a mermaid can you say fish kin just be ready to have big lips a fear of hooks and have 2 feet and most your fishy bits on your top half.

and a bout as close to play ing a fay in the game you can be a moth or butterfly wilder kin just be readyto have to RP hating getting mistaken for fay or something....

^That's almost entirely cheesing the rules and I'd call out players for doing that.

¿Why is it cheezing? The character can make up any crazy story about their history they want. The "Unicorn" will still be statted as a Narwhal-Kin and their card will say "Wylderkin", but they can tell people anything they want. Kin are pretty much "the School of Anything Goes", there are very few limits on what you can play. Couple a fun costume with a seriously deranged mentality (or a clever backstory - Ritual Flaw's are always good) and the sky's the limit.

Back