Introductions

Im sure this is not the right thread to ask this, but I will ask anyway. Who is it that approves my "application form" to access my character via the forums. I have no idea other than that on how to access my character sheet until it is handed to me at logistics haha. I am chomping at the bit for some new skills (so I can evidently go find teachers for). Speaking of, who is starting the "Teacher's Guild"?

Im sure this is not the right thread to ask this, but I will ask anyway. Who is it that approves my "application form" to access my character via the forums. I have no idea other than that on how to access my character sheet until it is handed to me at logistics haha. I am chomping at the bit for some new skills (so I can evidently go find teachers for). Speaking of, who is starting the "Teacher's Guild"?

Check out this thread: http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/october-event-build.28532/#post-240620 (It's approved by someone on the national Staff FYI)

New skills & teaching: Ask around IG. Players can teach you skills (including the teaching skill hehe), as can NPCs. IG hint: All Nobility (and squires!) are required to be able to teach. As you probably noticed, the populace is pretty helpful IG and OOG, so just ask around IG in May. You can have as many skills taught to you as you have build to spend them on. If you run out of build, you can have 2 skills taught to you as "Held Skills" that you are saving up build for.

If I buy a skill before I learn it, then learn it in game, can I use it at the event that I learned it?

If I buy a skill before I learn it, then learn it in game, can I use it at the event that I learned it?

You're required to learn the skill in game before build can be spent on it, and build updates only occur between games.

Crap, so I can only buy skills that I dont need a teacher for? So basically racial skills? If I didn't get taught last event?

You can also buy additional levels of skills you already have (eg: more back attacks if you already have 1 level of back attack, more earth circle 1 and 2 if you have one of each already, etc).

If it is your 2nd event you can also do a character rewrite and learn as many skills as you want. Moving forward it is really important to find a teacher in game and learn the skills you are going to want.

Greetings!
My name is Mark. My wife and I met Jesse at Starfest while browsing his booth (sorry we missed the demo), and through conversation (and spending far too much money) we were directed here. I grew up in VA, just outside DC, and moved to CO in '07. I'm an accountant (with the imagination, acting, and story telling abilities associated with all accountants!) that just moved to Pueblo. I am a complete newb in this portion of geekery. I have been done all sorts of pen & paper, board games, table top war games, computer games, etc but have never ventured anywhere near LARPing before. My wife has been looking to get into it, however, so here I am as well. I'm a stereotypical shy dork, who was a better roll player than role player (see accounting background), so this is a big leap for me.

Don't worry Mark, we'll take real good care of you guys with any questions you have, and if you come to NPC for us. We at NPC Camp will show you all the ropes.

Love the 40k avatar, that's my current main hobby.
We started in on the website and rule book, and were hopefully planning to come NPC the May event. We are at a bit of a loss as to what, as new players, the important things we should be doing beforehand. I haven't run across a good, simple "Beginners top 10 things to do before your first event" kind of post (though haven't looked much yet).
ex. I believe there was mention somewhere of people who volunteer to NPC still getting xp or rewards or something for their characters. So, should we submit a basic character beforehand so we're not "missing out" on anything?

No you are okay, one of the other staffers has the NPCing 101 stuff. As for the character, those who NPC get a dummy card which holds our xp until we are ready to PC.

Hi Mark! Welcome to Alliance Denver!

We have a number of useful articles for potential NPCs that you might find helpful, to start with.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Awesome, thanks!

Hello,

I am Mark of Chaos's wife Marcea :) I grew up in Northern VA moved to CO in 07 with Mark and we recently just moved to Pueblo for my job. I am a middle school history teacher at an arts school. I did some unofficial larping games in college (a friend did Nero and ran our games at college) loved it but life got in the way. I love dressing up so right now I have been doing a lot of Cosplay, I have played tons of role playing games like DnD and White wolf games. Basically I have dabbled or done most nerdy things from gaming like playing WoW to table top with Warhammer. I am basically your out going nerdy girl who also loves to ski and be outdoors. So larping seems right up my alley but I am huge clouts soo it should be funny watching me fight :p I am soo excited to get started, the plan is to come up to a practice session or two in the Springs before the May event where we will try out being NPCs.

Last edited:
Welcome to the chapter, both of you ^_^

Hello,

I am Mark of Chaos's wife Marcea :) I grew up in Northern VA moved to CO in 07 with Mark and we recently just moved to Pueblo for my job. I am a middle school history teacher at an arts school. I did some unofficial larping games in college (a friend did Nero and ran our games at college) loved it but life got in the way. I love dressing up so right now I have been doing a lot of Cosplay, I have played tons of role playing games like DnD and White wolf games. Basically I have dabbled or done most nerdy things from gaming like playing WoW to table top with Warhammer. I am basically your out going nerdy girl who also loves to ski and be outdoors. So larping seems right up my alley but I am huge clouts soo it should be funny watching me fight :p I am soo excited to get started, the plan is to come up to a practice session or two in the Springs before the May event where we will try out being NPCs.

Crazy, that sounds almost like me! I grew up in Fairfax, moved in 04 to CO for school in CSU, then moved down with my dad in pueblo west for a job (before moving to wyoming)

Crazy, that sounds almost like me! I grew up in Fairfax, moved in 04 to CO for school in CSU, then moved down with my dad in pueblo west for a job (before moving to wyoming)

Man it is a small world! What high school did you go to? Mark and me went to Annandale High School.

Man it is a small world! What high school did you go to? Mark and me went to Annandale High School.
I went to lake Braddock for middle school, then over to Paul vi Catholic high school. (Still recovering from that!). Strangely, I was home for a week about two weeks ago, and man I don't miss nova traffic.

Back