Introductions

Nice, you were close to us. I knew many friends who went to that catholic school through my swim team.

Hi Everyone!

I had a quick question. My son's Mom has a family emergency and she is heading back home which means I get an extra week with my little buddy... but that also means I may not be able to attend the May Event. So, finally to my question, I saw several kids running around during the April event... so can I bring my son, and if so, what is the cut off in age? He's only two, so I was thinking of bringing him along (if that's OK) and just avoiding any and all combat in favor of RPing (maybe make a scholarly character I've been thinking playing alongside my High Orc)... but I wasn't sure what the rules were for kids? Maybe just show up and play the Saturday part of the event and then take him home (since I'm in the Springs it's a quick drive for me).

Thanks in advance!

Here are the rules for kids: Under 14, they cannot do combat and have to wear the orange 'paige' headband and they have to be with you/under guardian supervision at all times. 14 and up, they can fight but you have to be there with them at all times even if not fighting. 16 and up, they can run around and fight on their own.

I do not know if there is an official cut-off age, but I suspect 2 may be too young for this kind of thing.

Here are the rules for kids: Under 14, they cannot do combat and have to wear the orange 'paige' headband and they have to be with you/under guardian supervision at all times. 14 and up, they can fight but you have to be there with them at all times even if not fighting. 16 and up, they can run around and fight on their own.

I do not know if there is an official cut-off age, but I suspect 2 may be too young for this kind of thing.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. I had hoped to be there for the May event, but hopefully in June then.

Thanks for the info/rules. I'll keep that in mind for the future!

Jarrod

Hello all!

My name is Kelly; my boyfriend and I saw ya'll at Starfest and had such a good time we'll be coming out this weekend. I've moved around a lot but Jeff is a Colorado native. We're both into fantasy type RPGs (we met through a pathfinder game and now we host a D&D 5th ed game) as well as the more hands on stuff (I did some viking age reinactment and he did some SCA stuff). I've been doing my reading and hunting thrift shops and I'm so excited for this not even Colorado's weather will bog me down!

We'll be NPCs for a while, possibly a long while. I've been thinking about characters and I'd like to experience this first hand so I know what'll be most important/fun to start with.

Hello, my new friends!
My name is Brom (Not to be confused with Squire Brom/Brahm), but you may now me as "Bran" or "Branwyn". I recently attended my first LARP weekend with my Dad and I could not have had more fun traveling around The Death Isles with you all. I admit, I got a little TOO into character at times (in general Bran could be a little too liberal with information, and got quite terrified at the prospect of fighting darkness monsters in the dark), but I have to say that everyone was incredibly receptive to me, even at my young age, and made me feel welcomed. It's a wonderful community that I was so glad to be immersed in.
Unfortunately, my first event will also be my last for quite some time, as I'll be moving overseas for the next year or so (my stepfather is military). Come hell or high water though, I will be coming back next summer to participate in at least two of the summer weekend events, and if we can end up stationed nearby, maybe even more than the summer events. I am incredibly sad that I can't come back and play in August, as it was so much fun, and I wish to see New Acarthia.
I would just like to say thank you all for accepting me and being so kind and nurturing this weekend, and thank you to the plot team for running an AWESOME adventure full of all sorts of surprising twists (I don't think I'll ever think so highly of monkeys ever again). I hope to see all of you in a year or so, possibly as a different character, or as a MUCH more powerful Branwyn.

Here's the first of (hopefully) many posts!

Howdy, folks. I'm Jack (Or J.R. on account of the multiple Jacks) and I'm one of the Lowlanders that has been coming up with Dan and Courtney (Zhi Zhi and Rha Rha). If we didn't get to meet OoC, I played Jerreck The Goblin Ambassador and The Baron's Son this previous event...And sorry for taking so long to make an account! Too much stuff happening these days...

If anyone wants to talk to me IC or OoC, just hit me up. Oh, and same goes if you're needing to talk to Rachelle (IC: Evelyn Mabis) since we'll be using the same account on here. Hope to see you all again this coming April!

W/Goblin Pride

-J.R.

I hope to see you all earlier than a year, as well. Thanks for the wonderful time, and such a warm reception.
Hey folks- my hopes came to fruition, and I'm glad to say that I've moved in with a dad a little early and am now going to Cherry Creek. I don't think we'll be able to attend actual events, as both me and dad are in school, but we may be able to attend the odd fighter practice here and there. Glad to be back in Colorado, though, and I'm looking forward more than ever to be going to events again in the summer!

Hey folks- my hopes came to fruition, and I'm glad to say that I've moved in with a dad a little early and am now going to Cherry Creek. I don't think we'll be able to attend actual events, as both me and dad are in school, but we may be able to attend the odd fighter practice here and there. Glad to be back in Colorado, though, and I'm looking forward more than ever to be going to events again in the summer!
Welcome back!

Hey everyone! I survived my first weekend! (...mostly.)
I'm Katie, and somewhat surprised that I didn't meet a plethora of people with the same name (or similar) this time. Means I'm only going by Loki around here, which I'm still totally fine with. This last weekend (and likely continuing for some time...), I was an NPC, and had WAY too much fun with it. The waylay games were fantastic. The plot pieces I was given were wonderful. And battle! I loved all of the fighting.
I really look forward to meeting more of you! (And, y'know, waylaying a few more.....)

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle, and I recently moved to Colorado Springs from Dallas. After taking some time to get settled, I did some cursory google-fu and found Alliance, which totally caught my interest. I haven't larped for almost ten years now, the last time I played was at SOLAR Cerroneth in Mississippi for two years back in 06-08. So, now that I'm back in a place in my life where I can invest the time and money into it, I can't wait to get reacquainted. If this next month goes well, I'd love to join y'all for your July event.

Hope to meet everyone soon!

Welcome, Kyle, we all look forward to meeting you! There are at least three of us here who played SOLAR among its Everhate, Clanthia, and Shadowmoor campaigns in GA and SC. I think you'll find the core rules systems quite similar between Alliance and SOLAR. The culture of the game is quite different, however, as Alliance Denver games tend to be heavily cooperative and PVE rather than the PVP so common in SOLAR games.

I recommend to you the "Alliance LARP Denver" group on Facebook. We have weekly fighter practices on Sundays in Arvada that get announced there. Good place to meet Alliance peoples! Our July event is at a special location in Allenspark, CO -- but most of our events are down your way in Woodland Park, very close to the Springs.

Please reach out to me through Facebook, or openly in that group as you have questions while you're getting acquainted with Alliance.

Take care, and welcome!

Trace Moriarty

Hey, folks! My name is Grayson, and playing after tabletop RPGs for a good portion of my life, decided to branch into the live-action part of RP. I look forward to my first event this August, as my PC Graien Callo, and entering the wonderful world of New Acarthia.

Outside of RP, I enjoy scuba, rock climbing, and building my outdoor portfolio via certifications such as WFA, CPR, and SRT training. So, if you're ever interested in those, but don't know where to start, I'd love to help you out! Hope to see you all soon!

Hey everybody! My name is Cassie and I'm brand spanking new to LARP. I spent most of my youth playing and running various fantasy and Dragonriders of Pern RPGs and after a break, I'm ready to jump back into role playing again. I won't be able to make the October event because of work, but I'm very excited to NPC in November! I think I have my best friend talked into joining me as well. Eventually we'd like to play as Selunari, probably sometime next year.
IRL, I'm a nurse, so I usually have a plethora of fun bandaids if anyone needs one. I'm a Colorado native who loves the outdoors, camping, and exploring with my black lab and cantankerous Appaloosa horse. I love crafting and cosplay, which is another reason I'm so stoked to LARP! Can't wait to meet you all!

Welcome Cassie! Glad you are joining us. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Back