Introductions

Hi Everyone! My name's Marc.

I found out about Alliance Denver through a friend who invited my girlfriend and I to visit the October event. We did so on Saturday as non-players in villager garb, wandering about with our friend and talking to some very nice folks in a player camp area who offered us some roasted pineapples and pickles. I'd also like to offer apologies for not realizing until after the fact that we were supposed to be wearing indicators that we were out of game visitors. Kudos to those we met who played it off so well. Sorry about that.

Point is I think we're hooked! November might be a bit soon (and busy) for us, but we're looking forward to crafting costumes and armor over the winter to begin our journey in Acarthia in 2017. Until then we'll be browsing the forums and trying to keep up to date with world events and the like. We can't wait to adventure with everyone!

Hey there, I"m Candace! I used to LARP with some of you back at NERO Empire. I'm super excited to be coming back this season! I'm bringing my sister and my two older kiddos, who are also excited. I can't wait to see all the faces I know and all the new ones too!

Welcome Mike and others! Yay for all the new people!

Hello, my name is John.
I plan on making it to an event possibly in May? I am quite new to LARPing, but I've been to a couple of amptgard meets and have been reenacting for a while. I haven't decided on whether I will start as a PC or NPC, but I'm leaning towards NPCing.

Hello, my name is John.
I plan on making it to an event possibly in May? I am quite new to LARPing, but I've been to a couple of amptgard meets and have been reenacting for a while. I haven't decided on whether I will start as a PC or NPC, but I'm leaning towards NPCing.

Welcome John, that's really wonderful. Trace Moriarty, one of our plot members is going to be doing the onboarding of our NPCs if you decide to go that route. It is free to NPC your first game, so we'd love to have you. We also have our new player Marshal, Casey that can answer any questions especially if you decide to PC. Anyway, we are happy to have you on board and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

hello everyone my name is vince ive been to a few fighter practices but im very new and my first game will be in may. im so excited for this i have always wanted to try it.
im looking forward to meeting you all and making new friends! if you have any questions for me please feel free to ask!

Hey Denver folks!

My name is Anthony Mungo (though I go by Tony), and while I don't live here, I had such an amazing time at your game! I have been playing Alliance for a number of years, with my character Squire Raganzi/Cookie currently based out of the Sedovia campaign (Oregon, to answer all those questions of where is that which came up through the event!).

My wife (Emily - Kasuni), and I currently run the Seattle chapter of Alliance, and also love it when people visit, so if you ever are in town or want to make an event let us know!! (I will get excited about visitors and try to be helpful, and she will actually be helpful!)

I have sent requests to a number of people on Facebook, but if I missed you when I summoned forth the friend storm, feel free to fire one back! (I mostly just talk about where I am going next, and how much I dislike IPA's, but I also make plans when Im in towns near people!).

Either way, hope to see some of you at Big West, and the rest of you at a future Denver game!!!

Thanks for being such an open and welcoming community!!

-Tony

Hello, my name is Matthew Squire and this 2017 season is my first time LARPing. I am a Colorado native and I have always known the group existed but I had been focusing on other things. I am a software developer which consumes nearly all my time and currently live in Thornton.

I heard about Alliance again from Alex about two days before the April event and decided to go. So far I enjoyed the April event and I can't wait for the May event. As an NPC I find LARP to be exhausting. I hiked 30+ miles last weekend, some of it running and some of it in armor.

I've been playing D&D and other Table top for years, but now I am excited to spend a little coin and get some medieval costumes and do live action. I have always taken naturally to theater and improv. However, I am not taking so naturally to the magic system. I need to study the book until I know the incantations.

Hello!
My name is Scott Downing and several years ago I was playing NERO Empire and lived in Colorado Springs. Now I am living in Western Nebraska and I hope to get down to play in June with a couple of friends.
I've been LARPing for about ten years now I guess and can't wait to get back into it.

Welcome Scott!

Well, I suppose since I revealed my presence in another thread, introductions are in order!

My name is Dan, and I NPC'd in the May event. I can't say I had a role that would have stood out to anyone - so I shall be a faceless mook for the moment!

I've never done any LARP or stage/theater combat before, so that end of the game is all new to me. What I do have for experience is over 15 years of tabletop RPGs, mostly DMing, and a background with some running sports and a writing degree from Denver's own MSU. (back when it was MSCD!) I can be SUPER focused on new goals and activities, so I'll be pretty high energy for this for at least some time. I'll have to resist making any silly financial decisions for now, despite how tempting some of the armor and LARP weapons I've seen are.

I may not be able to make all of the days out, having pre-selected several Saturdays to be working for my current job, but I definitely want to make my presence known, and contribute in any way I can to the cause of making each month as much of an experience as the last one was.

Hello friends!!!

I only just found this thread, so a few of you already know me. My name is Siren and I npc in the tavern as Khar the tavern girl. So long as you're staying hydrated, I'm doing my job.

I'm also a new player to Alliance in general even though I've been LARPing since I was a kid. Practically born into the Ren Faire, I have a lot of respect for folks who make and keep such amazing costuming that is period accurate and racially accurate,so in the last two months I've had the pleasure to see and watch so many great pieces be put to good use.

I was introduced to the game by Keith who plays Radlfur, but I didn't realize how many irl friends play as well, such as Amber who plays Mevanwy.

Looking forward to many more games with all you lovely and beautiful people!!!

Hey Guys! My name is Paul Iverson! I am on the plot team here in Utah and I will be doing a lot of travel to your chapter! I am looking forward to meeting a lot of you! Ive already met some of the players of your chapter here in Utah this past weekend.

A little about me, ive been larping for about 19 years now and I love all aspects of roleplay. I play a High Orc named Thousand Bones that will most likely get on everyone's nerves with his love for combat and battle. More importantly, I love this community and I strive to make it better with every ounce of my strength! I look forward to meeting you all!

Paul

Back