IRON MAN

**Spoiler**

Top gun nod: When he's outrunning the two aircrafts, and he's arguing with his suit to engage it..and the suit begrudgingly kicks on the brakes and they fly right by.

Robb Graves said:
$2.50 for a movie????? jeeze... i pay 9 bucks. :x

Movie admission cost is based on screen size and number of seats, or so I was told at one time. We have a low-cost theater in York that might sit 40 people (each screen) and the screen is about 1/4 (or less) than the ones in a big theater. I don't know the cost since I haven't been there in ages, but it's significantly less than the big theaters. I think they sometimes get movies several weeks after the big openings or even after they leave the big theaters. That cuts the cost as well.

Scriptdoctor guy gives his two cents...

***Spoiler Alert!!!***

Marvel plans to do Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Ant Man and Thor so that they can then do... The Avengers.

Boo-wow.

And the "S" will play more in the IM sequel scheduled for 2010, and yes, our "guy at the end" is here to stay -- blame that Ultimate Universe Millar dude for that (think of "Mr. Guy at the End" as an LMD or as a hologram disguise as presently used in "The Mighty Avengers" if it bugs you THAT much... Hell, they could have brought back Hasselhoff, you know.)

The last Hulk movie was in 2003. The new Hulk movie (opening June 13) is another origin story, basically replacing the last movie. Edward Norton plays Bruce Banner/Hulk and he gets to fight a big guy like himself, Emil Blonksy/The Abomination, played by Tim Roth.

ANT MAN??????????????? good lord!!! i would love to see the panther guy from the jungle country when he puts on the panther suit he turns panthery!! i like that guy

Keep in mind that the Marvel movies are now being made BY Marvel. They now have their own thing "Marvel Studios" so they can have more creative control and allow for more consistancy between the comic universe and their own. If you go back, the original Avengers included Ant man...

wish they'd hurry...

doverman said:
Keep in mind that the Marvel movies are now being made BY Marvel. They now have their own thing "Marvel Studios" so they can have more creative control and allow for more consistancy between the comic universe and their own. If you go back, the original Avengers included Ant man...

This is both good and bad, IMHO. I mean, there's been some decent comics based movies to come out, but there's also been some terrible ones. And with Marvel at the helm of their movie franchise, there's a lot of potential for them not to be able to separate themselves from the source material enough to translate to a wider audience. Part of what made the first Xmen movie or Batman Begins so good (or at least so accessible) was Singer and Nolans abilities to stay true to the source material while still putting believability and story first. I think Doc Strange directed by Del Toro could be great (especially if Gaiman signs on to write), but I'm not sure a Captain America or worse, Ant Man or Thor, movie will fly, especially as a set-up for an Avengers movie. The first Hulk movie was mediocre at best, and they feel the need to try again? I love Ed Norton, but this "take 2" will have to really wow me to be anything other than a rental. Looking at the rest of their in production list.... Iron Fist? really? That's a stretch for a movie marketable property. And two, count them, two X-men Origins movies (Wolverine and Magneto)? Didn't Marvel screw up their most (or possibly second most, to Spiderman) marketable franchise with the atrocity that was X3: The Last Stand? If all the movies on their list get made, I fear Marvel will continue to devalue the comics medium in the eyes of the general public, rather than elevate it as so many other creators have tried to do. As a lover of comics, that's something I'd hate to see happen.

my husband and i were talking about which comic book persons we'd like to see a movie about and he wanted to see (excuse the spelling) Gambit? some guy with two brothers and when they touch stuff it gets screwed up? or blows up or something? I dunno my hubby wanted to see that made into a movie and I wanted to see Wolverine from when he goes to Japan...not too sure about ant man now that i've looked him up

where do you guys hear about all these movies that aren't even made yet????

Back