IRON MAN

ahhh yeah i can't look at that website because it has the word "entertainment" in the 1's and 0's...so my company filter won't let me view it ...dernit.

Actually, I have high hopes for the Wolverine solo movie. Hugh Jackman knows the character and will most likely give a stunning performance. Liev Shreiber as Sabretooth and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool should round out a entertaining flick.

Laguna Hallik said:
Actually, I have high hopes for the Wolverine solo movie. Hugh Jackman knows the character and will most likely give a stunning performance. Liev Shreiber as Sabretooth and Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool should round out a entertaining flick.

I'll be interested to see how they handle it. I fear it may suffer from the kitchen sink mentality of the last Xmen and last Spiderman movies-- too many plotlines for one film. Sure it makes for lots of exciting action, but leaves little room for a viable story.

I think there are just too many things to explore in a Wolverine genesis movie. Do you go back to his days with Captain America fighting Red Skull (pre-adamantium)? Do you start it from his time as a Canadian special ops weapon just post adamantium? Given that he is the most conflicted of the X-men and the most likely to snap at any given moment, I think an exploration as to why that would be, and just where he actually comes from and HOW OLD IS HE REALLY would be good things to show.

As to the movies being bad for comics, I really think it's a matter of how well they do the movies. Are they doing the movies to bring interest in comic books or are they taking the stories they are telling to a new medium and leveraging their properties to make money? I think Marvel has shown in the past that, while they are concerned with their fans and making a good story, they are a company - they are for profit, and they will do what they need to do to make the big bucks.

in all honestly watching the movies has not made me want to read the comics...i read the few comics i want to read and seeing something in the movies NEVER makes me want to read the book..i have no idea why ...but the opposite is always true...if i read a book i ALWAYS want to see the movie...sometimes am disappointed but i get over it..

Going to see IM tonight finally, we'll see how it goes, I have good hopes for fun times.

If they are gonna take on an Xmen story arc for good movie material, best possible one would be X-tinction agenda from the very early '90s. Had EVERYONE in it from all the X-teams, great story arc, and would translate very well

Oh, and for ulitmate movie theaters can't beat Portland, OR (even though I just moved away from there). There's a microbrewry called McMenamins who owns a string of theater pubs (amongst other things). The one we used to go to all the time got movies about 6-8 weeks after release, but it was an old converted elementary school they converted into theater/bar/restaurant/convention hall. The theater was the old gym with a stage/screen in it and they just filled the gym floor with old couches, arm chairs, loveseats, etc. $3 for movie and you could get beer and pizza to take into the theater with you. So for same cost as two tickets going to a first run cinema, you could get two tickets, pitcher, and four slices of 'za. Now THAT's movie value. I'm gonna miss that place :(

i miss portland oregon so much!!! i looked it up on the sattelite pics on google and the block where i used to live is almost unrecognizable!!! my elementary school takes up the whole city block now!!!!

I know what you mean! They're going to expand my high school the year I leave! (figures don't it) They're adding another pool, a bigger auditorium, more classrooms, a whole building for the SPED people....

another pool??? as in you have a pool at your school? (no rhyme intended)

Yeah. We have a pool by the Main gym. Now we're getting one next to the Auxillary gym! And the auditorum is getting fixed! Finally!

auxiliary gym??? so there's 2 gyms? dear lord and your theater isn't playing IRON MAN???? what kind of weird place do you live marcena????

The only place where we have more kids attending than the inner city Grand Rapids and somehow still a small town.

the village where i live has 1 general store, a furniture store, an elementary school, a high school, 2 cemeteries, couple of churches, no gas stations, post office, town clerk office, police station, fire station, veterinarian, and thats it. had to go to the next village over to see the movie :D

Back