July Favorites

Ok, Now that I am somewhat recovered from this past weekend here are a few of my favorite moments.

1 Seeing all my friends coming together and playing a game we all enjoy. Especially when it means taking over a restaurant after the event just to have a few more hours to sit and talk with people.
2 Tearing up the line with Newt in the final battle.
3 Bacon Cheddar Soup….
4 Roleplaying learning new skills for my character from 3 different people.
5 Live Music
6 Finding out how great thrown weapon skill is.
7 All Things Coggin and Quiggly
8 All things Vangaurd, There needs to be more dwarves….

Many More but brain is starting to fizzle out.

Drew

I had such a great event! Thanks to all NPCs, staff, and dedicated PCs who make this game amazing!!

I’ve gotta say, one of my favorite things is hanging with some awesome players who refuse to break character for even one second. Henry, Justin, Miles, Tom, Sam…and other great people I’m sure I’ve forgotten. Dedicated characters make me so freaking happy.

RP moments are always my favorite!!
-Find’rth teaching Alda about fear (and Alda eventually taking that to heart and confronting/educating/befriending the high ogre Swingsalot! Also, Kirk is awesome!!)
-Qualin teaching Alda about balancing life and how to be happy in the modern world.
-Flint and Grim reassuring Alda that she is doing worthwhile things
-Learning about Vansir culture with Jovunn.
-Becoming a clutch-mate of Huleen!! Ahh!! A traditional ceremony and completely foreign language?! AWESOME!!!
-Traditional Kyralian meditation with Ren. So relaxing IG and OOG! Ren and Alda need more time together! <3 <3 <3
-MEETING QUALIENNE THE SPRIGGIN AND GETTING MY MIND BLOWN ABOUT CHILD OF AUTUMN HISTORY, AAHHHHHHHH. This is going to develop into some freaking amazing things, I know it!!!!

All things relating to making music are also freaking wonderful. It helps soothe Alda sooo much, and I have a ton of fun playing music with everyone! Special thanks to Qualin and his guitar!! And LARIEN for SINGING! Ahh! And thanks to everyone who walked down to the woods with me and listened to Alda gush all her emotions out in a recorder melody. :) She reeeeally needed that.

ALL THINGS VANGUARD. Especially Flint, and especially the conversation sparked by Nevin Kendrick. I’m so honored to be a backpack and learn from you guys. We had some serious warm-fuzzy character-develop-y moments this weekend. Alda really would be in a much worse place without you all showing her strength and humor and a totally different culture to help her realize how it is possible to cope.

Also, how the Vanguard works as a team on the field makes Alda REALLY happy and secure. Going out as a unit to get rid of those rogue undead squads felt SO GOOD. And all weekend, I think I only went down two or three times, and I was healed and brought back up WAY faster than I have ever been before! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Speaking of rogue undead squads, the general war-time atmosphere of this whole weekend was SO GOOD. Well done, staff and NPCs!!! It can be one single NPC acting as a Galanthian scout in the middle of the night, and the entire feel of the game is made that much deeper and more intense. EXCELLENT!!

Forest meeting/getting brains together to discuss solutions for this corruption. Alda adores scholarly pursuits, and it makes her reeeeally happy to have so many smart, strong, and forest-defending friends.

Seeing how happy Ezri was when she got a white belt. Alda will still never understand/fully embrace nobility, but Ezri is a dear friend, and seeing her smile like that again (despite all the terrible crap she is going though) … Alda just KNEW it was a big deal, and giving her a big hug was so heart-warming! <3

Ahhh, I just had such a freaking good weekend. On the ride home (discussing with Emily! <3) I realized that I sorta feel like I don’t know how to play Alda, after all this troll war and high ogre betrayal she’s gone though… but that just made me realize that Alda does not know who she really is, IG. And she really is only a teenager, according to barkskin aging, so… what a perfect time for her to be soul-searching and shaping herself! Hah! I LOVE IT!! :D

Ok, I’ll be done ranting! I know I’ve forgotten things, but I have much work to do.
Thanks again, and I love you all!!! <3 <3 <3

Holy brain mush....any way thanks to all for understanding that I had to leave early. I'm doing fine for those that know why I left. Kyle (my brother not Spriggle) is.....okay. it was hard for him. But he thanks everyone for the amazing time and is really happy he went.

So first off. THANK YOU NPCs!!!!!

So in no really order...

Getting to run my mod!!!! I really hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. Its a great feeling and I can't wait to do it more often.

Meeting my big brother!!!! What a great birthday present for Grim right??? All the rp that went one between them. I had an amazing time Kyle thank you for letting me make this character!!

All things Vanguard! Thank you guys for adopting Eitiri the way you did.

Quiggly!!! OMG the rp was awesome. Not to mention finally meeting you. I've heard so much about your character but never got to meet you. It made me happy!!!

Alda Alda Alda!!!! OMG the whole trying to calm Alda down as Eitiri was pretty neat. Eitiri felt so horrible after going back there but she tried really hard to keep Alda safe and calm.

Necro Forge!!!! Gods that was rough Friday night. But after my epic escape and mental break down it was a relief to just be away from it and know everyone was okay. But hey we went back Saturday and kicked butt!!

All the reactions to Eitiri being Grim's sister or the reactions to her beard color! LOL so much fun rp. And so much fun getting to see people she knew again.

Asticir (sp?) Was so much fun to rp. I missed doing that. But as Eitiri it was perfect cause she's a drinker..

Can't wait to see everyone again!!! I had so much fun.

Angel

My favs in no particular order.

Seeing all those lovely faces Ive missed the last two years or so. I'm glad to see Scott is still a sexy bastard. :wub2: Seriously though someone mentioned that they thought I hated HQ. I don't its only a scheduling issue.
It was good to come back and catch up with old missed friends and make new ones.

Well let's see.. oh yes Drunken wolf tavern Shenanigans. I'm still not sure how I got that beer mug stuck on my muzzle but it was funny.

Party in the house of Faust!!!

The Code of Revelry.

Singing dancing tavern wenches!!! Who are now Misun's singing dancing wenches because Darkan bought them for me.

Lovely Dwarven ladies. That blonde beard tassel certainly caught the wolfs attention.

Watching the film crew watching me eat with the mask on.

My brain is mush and Ezri's head is still spinning. My weekend in a nutshell:

- here's your belt yay!
- you're the only white belt in town so here's EVERY PROBLEM UNDER THE SUN
- here's an obliteration
- oh wait, no, here's the traitor you hate saving your life

0_o

I'll post real favorite moments when I have some brain cells...

All in all, it was a hell of a good weekend, and I really want to hand it to all the new players and NPCs who showed up. You guys were so enthusiastic and great to roll with.

I NPCed but I have to say here that there was nothing that made me happier than disturbing PCs and causing deep, psychological trauma to Ren. I'm still sad I didn't get to pluck out even one of Darken's eyes, though. :disgust:

Seeing the town on the field of battle working so cohesively together was a huge pleasure. Really well done, guys! It really does feel like an actual war when both sides are well organized and strategic.

This event was chock full of really good roleplay and I'm really just glad that everyone seems to have gotten something personal out of it for their character. I love coming to a game where I can work hard and play hard at the same time, and with the best people I've had the pleasure of knowing.

-inari trollface.-

Got home at 6am cause I needed a rest-stop sleep break due to all the epicly fun RP/combat stuff that kept me up. But I'm now more or less doing okay and I think it's tome for me to post this stuff.

my bacon song and the shenanigans that ensued with Dorian and Vinny about them.

Actually playing with the Vanguard IG and seeing the squad leadership and us actually moving somewhat like a military group really emphisized what was in my brain bucket for the last 8 months.

Noot! "I am noot" - Always a favorite.

The NPC musicians <3

Getting ganked at 2-3am with the 5 drain 5 drain .... immediately being followed up by kb1 kb2 kb3. Then finding out OOG later that they spent a good 40 minutes targeting me and waiting for me to be alone. Brilliant!

All the New PCs and NPCs! holy crap is this game getting a younger age coming in. I love the energy you all have.

tons more but I must get running

With all the stuff going on behind the scenes, the interviews and just... being in and out of it.

1. My team. Guys you amaze me.
2. Dorian and Noot being back. You to were there from the start and I hope your proud of what we have become so far.
3. Traevor. Josh I hope you can play more your a fantastic caster
4. Alda. Yup all o it.
5. Eitiri.. the film crew made that weird.. but was still awesome to rp that with you and the jokes and jibes. the immense pide at how you got out of the nektech mod after I rezzed.
6. Pulling the sacrifice play and it actually working. Oh and drawing a white stone.
7. The Vakkar and all the people involved. The oil task was cool and i think the rp and commitment of everyone was a really great rp thing.. i mean wow. from Scott's Thane to Emily's princess all very cool very fun and it;s opening o an interesting story.
8. Sam Bertrands Mystic wood elf. I was kinda not in grim cause i had just done a interview on cam and we had a little battle and I still wasnt in it.. then this angel came out with beer and cakes for grim. Fun little rp scene. It';s moments like that , that makes this game awesome and really just are icing on the cake.
9. the team remaining strong even through the last battle. the hole town overextended. we pulled back and held smart. If the Galanthians even had 3 casters all the people on the front would have been in it deep. Can you imagine a few well placed berserk gasses? No one listened to our warnings which was cool and stuff worked out. But it was nice that we held strong and understood the tactics of it. It's cool that since our characters kinda wage war for a living we acted like it. plus.. we had to keep Larien safe. she makes brownies and gives back rubs.
10. ezri getting knighted. Grim has seen her squired and work into getting knighted. Very cool and good choice.

theres a ton more guys but it seems i have the flu or something. love ya all and i;ll post more later

Thank you to plot, rules, food, props, and all other staff and NPCs for contributing to a fun and action-packed weekend! The players couldn't do their thing without your combined efforts, and I think it's safe to say we all appreciate those efforts immensely!

Now, onto favorites:
1. Feels good to wear the red belt again, and it feels better to do it while being true to the character's raunchy, passionate, sometimes violent nature. In game, it's a huge relief to Jovunn finally knowing wearing the belt doesn't mean sacrificing her personality or racial tendencies...

2. ...and where the latter is concerned, it was actually to her benefit! Introducing Squire No-Pants, Vansir ambassador to the Vakkar! Loved the Vakkar, loved Scott's Thane and Emily's Princess, loved the "three toils". It's going to be interesting to see how or if that comes back to bite her in the butt now that the adventurers have declined their aid...

3. All things barbarians this weekend between Jovunn, Drifa, and Rordan (sp!). Feels good to run with my brothers and sisters. Drifa in specific - discussing our "ripeness", the Vakkar, and just being generally "rough 'n tumble."

4. My clutch-family: Huleen, Ruis, and Alda! Loved the feeling of kinship we're developing. And this leads to...

5. ...Frank, Frank, Frank! All of our wonderful roleplay, from telling you about Vansir culture and giving you your oath ring to your amazing ritual of initiation into your clutch (COMPLETE WITH ITS OWN LANGUAGE OMG) - you, sir, are such an impressive roleplayer with a totally unique character. I look forward to seeing where our growing family dynamic goes!

6. Nordenn! I went into this event expecting to dissolve the court, and you all made your case so well you turned Jovunn's doubts into dust. I love our "no leaders/all for all" policy and I think it served us well. I also love working with Ash Forest.

7. Aaaaaaand DAME EZRI! Mich, I loved running with you, loved the roleplay, loved our tender nobility brofest at the end of the event. Jovunn's heart exploded when you just quietly put your head on her shoulder. I also really appreciate you letting Jovunn/me participate in our political efforts and contribute ideas to our discussions - it really means a lot to me to be allowed to learn about the IG politics and decision making in a very hands-on way, and it just... really makes me feel like my opinions and thoughts mean something. Thank you so, so much.

8. Convincing an assorted group of IG races and assorted nobles/a bunch of OG 20 through 30something-year-olds to play "duck, duck, not-duck"! Also our curiously early bout of stupid o'clock. LET ME SING YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE AGGGHAAAAAGHHHAGGGH!!

9. (Jovunn is bawling and screaming)
Cole: Kris, out of game, are you okay?
(I stop crying immediately) Yeah! This is all in game!
Cole: Thank goodness, I was scared!
(I immediately begin crying again)

10. Going from friends to enemies AGAIN with Luka in less than two hours and Jovunn doing a really big "time to grow up" as a result. It's fun to make her grow in real time. :)

11. Using Dominates (tee hee) in front of MWEs. TWICE. Loved the pissed off reactions from Balls and Winterthorn.

12. The violent reactions from people when I wore pants in Sunday! Noot: "Squire No-Pants, I am disappointed in you." Whole tables turning in awe. Rayna yelling at me. Too good.

Brain fried, can't think. xD

I had an amazing time this weekend:

Friday night...gotta say the smoke was impressive. Pain in the *** though, kept worrying I was gonna run right into someone.

Kidnapping Baron Ivan with Jim and the stealth crew was amazing. Learned a few new tricks that I promptly put into use.

Saturday night...put a stealth crunch in my hands and I'll make it work. I had a ton of fun with the guys I went out on Saturday night with. I hope the PCs appreciate the fact they are at war alittle more now.

Doomicorn with the Legion of Doom! I'm gonna have LOTS of fun with that character in the future. I already know it. Sometimes a role falls into your lap and its just awesome. This is it.

Staying up until 4amish in NPC camp just chatting away with folks, that was awesome. Once again I love NPC camp for that reason. Its just so easy to relax after NPC camp closes down because we've all got a lot in common and can just chat for hours on end.

Sunday...that wave battle was a good time...although I think I had a better time of it outside in the rain after the event getting soaked by the downpour.

Ok, so now that I've had a moment to whip my few remaining brain cells into working again...

OMG total immersion dramafest! I love when I'm so into character that the real world literally ceases to exist for 48 hours. And I really needed the escape. Thank you plot for the constant work (these guys don't sleep, even away from game), thank you NPCs for all the heart, thank you to my fellow PCs for the constant roleplay. If there was a lull, I didn't see it. On to the faves...

1. So I walk into game just as the last battle is ending, the lights from the film crew making things just a tad eerie. Players are milling about afterward, recapping the battle for me. I'm in mid-conversation when I hear "SQUIRE EZRI SILVERTHORN!" bellowed from atop the tavern porch, and I'm told to stay where I am. I try to look up but said lights are blinding. It took me a few heartbeats to realize it was Sir Nevin, and a few more moments for the reality of what was happening to sink in. So there's my tongue-tied, derpy self on camera for the world to see, getting my white belt. Epic. Getting bowled over with a hug from Alda was the icing on that particular cake. And the actual cake and drinks afterward were also awesome!

2. My fledgling court, I love you guys. Patrick, don't think I didn't notice you keeping an eye on me, even when you weren't at my immediate side. I feel the love. I wake up Saturday morning, my face still half in my pillow and wonder why Sornelintion is on the floor "Are you ok? Are you stretching?" *facepalm* "Please rise." D'oh! I'll get used to it I swear guys, I'm not keeping you on the floor for hours on purpose!

3. Jovunn getting re-squired. Welcome back hon. All the amazing roleplay... I loved the "You're not going to order me to do that are you?" **mischievous smile** "aw man..." LOL. there are no words. And of COURSE I included you... how else are you supposed to learn? You seriously had me near tears at the end there, in case you couldn't tell.

4. All things Garathon. Hit with the realization that I'm the only white belt in town, you were always there when I needed counsel. I hope you know Ezri is pulling for you to get belted too. ;)

5. Holy politics Batman! Just when we think we've appeased everyone and gotten it sorted out, somebody else gets their shorts in a bunch. Oy. And I can't remember the exact snarky comment that Jacelyn made in the one negotiation meeting, but she sure shut up when I came back with "you're one to talk."

6. I love that Scott can go from the super-serious Find'rth (who Ezri is STILL scared to piss off BTW, but who always seems to have her back), to the antics of Faust to the "I'm gonna F you up" Lochaber.

7. Forest time with Quellien and everybody who's trying to help us out with our current predicament. Didn't get the answers we were hoping for but still learned a great deal. Having a smart connect-the-dots moment about the Children of Autumn and proclaiming "that's ok, I just used up my one for the month." :)

8. Heart-to-heart chats with Reginald. Do what your heart tells you, but know where you'll stand because of it.

9. Healer's guild antics and things covered in chocolate. And people wonder why we hang out in there? Membership has its privileges ;)

10. Ezri finally losing her s*** about people not calling for lifespells. That's been bothering her for a while now.

11. Seeing the Wings of Polaris again. It's seriously like a time warp for me when you guys show up, and makes me feel like I'm 10 years younger.

12. Cordone, The Resistance Leader comes up to me and says "I need you for the parlay." I look up and see Lochaber and all that's happening in my head is "BAD PLAN BAD PLAN BAD PLAN!" Even if I would CONSIDER any kind of agreement, Ezri is sooooo on Lochaber's **** list. We get up there and his first words were "Really? You brought HER?" I expected him to attack. I did NOT expect obliterates. I don't know if it was my imagination, or if the crowd behind us really did gasp, but holy crap. The same woman I spent the last 48 hours arguing with just threw herself in front of two obliterates. For me. And to hear later from Amaranthus that if she hadn't he would have? So incredibly humbling.

Damn Ezri has a lot to think about... thank you so much all! I really can't say that enough.

Side note: Thank you to the people who took care of me (especially Bill Gibbs) when I had that reaction to... whatever it was. Doc has an epi-pen on order for me, then it's off to the allergist to figure out what the hell it was. Not looking forward to another hundred needles in my back, but hey, if Ezri can survive sword blows, I can take a few needle sticks, right?

Oh so many once again....
Thank you NPCs who are awesome for being the evil people they can be. We love you all. And now in no order:

-Cuar showing up since Ruis had been hoping to see him at Dockside and didn't get to
-Gifts that Ruis made, I was sincerely worried they were too ehhhh but seeing them on people (especially decorating so many beards) made my event
-Friday night rezzes of Ruis's sister and later on her best friend
-Random Chaos Elemental (Dave you are awesome and seriously a one man army)
-VISION RITUAL, oh my Ruis literally freaking the hell out over finding out what happened to her father (Thank you Miles and Maggie for helping!)
-On the note of the ritual, Ruis now need to find and want to murder a Dragon Mage
-Guardian of the Forest awesomeness. And finding out Ruis is not a bad guy like I had thought she was hooray!
-Kris. You are the most epic IG cryer ever. Do not scare me like that though wholly moley.
-Finally having a family with my ovadaj, Frank you make my day all of the time
-First ever lowbie mod (made by Angel) and it was EPIC. I loved it so much and made a new Fae friend through it
-"Castlebur I learned something from you! Be nice to fae!"
Castlebur: "I'm okay with this." And then Ruis gets warned by everyone else not to go near them -.-
-Learning magic from Castlebur, Lorian all the way up to ritual so excited. And finally using my teacher skill for Eitiri!
-Circle time with Qualin, Cuar, and the Wings of Polaris. It's all fun and games until someone mentions getting attacked
-Duck, Duck, Goose and outrunning Winterthorn :p
-Elven wine. So much laughter.
-SO MUCH RAGE. I have never had Ruis as angry as this gathering made her and it was so much fun (she's picking up too many bar-bar traits from Jovunn)
-Ale time with Ket, Erden, and Kai and telling them about Lochabar and other scary things in this world
-ALL THINGS THAT ARE ELF BOY. Ket made my freaking event from joining Nordenn to arguing to running away to Sunday when Ruis was trying to convince him to marry her as a joke you made me laugh and rage at the same time this gathering and I love it.
-Lastly, Cuar freak out when I was 30 Slayed

All in all, it was epic as usual. Thanks to everyone who made it possible and I can't wait for next months and PART TWO!!!

This weekend rocked, per usual! Huge thank you to the NPCs, lotta new faces and a lot of enthusiasm all around!

My favs:
- Erden and Kai! Sam and Erika, you guys are awesome cabin mates (thanks for all the water and goodies!) and it was great playing the teacher for once even though I still really don't know much about the area and history myself. (Btw, I may or may not have made up half the answers to your questions. JK :D)
- Huleen, Jovunn, and Ruis! Running around with you guys is great, this is a really good way for Ket to get used to what nobility is, and I think it helps that Nordenn's court is in slight disarray. Kind of eases him into viewing the court like I OOG know he should (Qualin's utter disregard notwithstanding).
- Little tree!!! Ruis, I got to know you so much better this weekend, and I'm OOG really glad that you're constantly concerned about me, though it is quite annoying IG :p. But honestly, though, Ket's really thankful and I look forward to more adventures together!
- Opposite Elementals fishbowl in the Mage's Guild. Trying to keep them from killing each other meant talking about everything from the balance of the elements and the nature of rifting... to sour rock candy and warm chocolate drizzled over cold chocolate.
- "Friend, are you well?" :)
- Chris, Cuar is so different from Pippin yet you play them both so well! Good times in the cabin and setting up (comically unused) traps and also just hanging out a lot.
- Getting into a drinking contest with Monty and then losing when he cheated fair and square :D. Well played, sir, well played.
- Seeing Qualienne walk into town, running up to the tavern, and saying "there's this thing with a long yellow nose and wind chimes" and then everyone was like "WHAT YES OUTSIDE NOW." Resulting talk in the forest and learning so much about the Black Ichor and the Children of Autumn. Really really cool experience all around. Oh, and making an inadvertent Game of Thrones reference and then being like OH WOW when everyone laughed.
- Astokir (sp?) fun in the tavern. I've been drunk OOG but never high, so roleplaying Euphoria was really cool and interesting. A little hard, too, trying to differentiate between that and Intoxicate. Also, there was literally a full minute of "Heheheheh, you're Noot." "I am Noot." "You are Noot!" "I am Noot." "Haha, you're Noot!" "I am Noot." "You are Noot..."
- All of the music this weekend! Qualin and Alda and Luka and Larien and Monty/Dorian/maybe Vinny? (the accordion-playing dwarf - I mix you guys up) and the NPC minstrels, you ROCK!
- Duck Duck Goose / Duck Duck Waylay!!! Also, Alda's utter confusion and hug attacks, classic!
- Henry. Hart. Just, just wow, man. "KIEERIGAWNAAAAAAY!!!" If it's possible to win Alliance, you win. You just win. Like, Ket wants to be Qualin (except replace sword/board with archery).
- Galanthian-hired mercenary mod in the woods! Starting to play it off diplomatically, giving the false name Derek and then thinking, "Oh wait, there actually is an elf named Derek. Sh*t, they're gonna think I'm Derek. SWEET, THEY'RE GONNA THINK I'M DEREK!" Also, fighting things that actually went down from less than four arrows was refreshing.
- All of the archery praise. Really, everyone, I'm not that good, but thanks SO MUCH for all the compliments! It really makes both me and Ket feel special and important.
- Huge thanks to Akiva and Kat for being car buddies and helping me navigate. No, Akiva, I don't want any more fries.
- Fun times at the Italian restaurant after, gonna do that more often!

I'm probably forgetting more, but that's all I have for now!
Can't wait till August 10th!

For those who don't know, the grass on the other side of the fence is tasty. Thanks to all the NPCs who had a lot of energy and were ready to throw themselves on the swords of the enemy repeatedly. Thanks to all the PCs for beating me down! Specific thanks to everyone behind desk for having level heads during hectic times and being super on point.

--- "For Her Radiance!" - "YEAH!" - "For Galanthia!" - "YEAH" - "For the Monarch?!" - "NO!"

--- Control Plant By Voice: Pollinate

--- "I'm the prettiest flower!"

--- I never heard of a Red Cap before but oh was I happy to play one. "I'm going to break your knee caps and rip your heart from your chest and drink the blood from it like a mug IF YOU JUST LET THIS CIRCLE FALL!"

--- Ruis was so cute when she thought she could tie me up!

--- The Chaos Elemental. It's always fun being the wake-up call.

--- Dwarven Pantherghast... Nuff Said.

Can't wait to be in monster camp again!

Dwarven pantherhast

We hear commotion.. look up is that undead? I dunno lets get it.. the whole team charges it.. we hear. " shun all non dwarf" all the dwarfs cheer and proceed to chase down said pantherghast.

All I can say is wow!!! Finally being on the PCing side was such a blast and I can't wait to do it again! Thanks so much to all the super duper awesometastic npcs trying so hard to murder everyone all weekend! Now for favorites:

-All my big sisters!!! You guys made Kailani feel a lot less scared of this new age, as she saw how well you all dealt with the chaos of war and a town almost constantly under attack.
-Qualienne the Spriggen! All the revelations really shook Kai's newly awakened perceptions of the world, and really motivated her to be more bold on the battlefield.
-The three highlanders who pulled Kai over for a drink, and then followed her into battle when Galanthians attacked. "Och, we've got to help out the leafy lass!" Freaking hilarious.
-The two lowbie mods I went on. VERY cool, and a pile of fun to play.
-My healer's guild interview! Equal parts hilarious and terrifying.
-The elven wine. Kai getting confused about everyone acting silly, and pulled to sit behind Alda... and then Darken sidles up next to her, offering a sip. And of course, just as she drinks it, Galanthians! Meaning getting picked up by Alda, dragged to Balls, and force-fed a purify. It was a very confusing two minutes for Kailani, and absolutely hilarious.
-Erden. Sam, you are awesomesauce.
-Pretty much all of the elves. From learning about black ichor to listening to Qualin's guitar playing to Ket trying to shoot Galanthians from the deck of the tavern to Swift Eagle inviting me to walk with Ash Forest. You guys are way cool.
-That final battle, finally feeling useful as I ran around bringing up people who fell. Also, HOLY CRAP LOCHABER. Kailani was waaaay freaked out.
-Duck, Duck, Goose. Because we are all mature adults.
-Paying for a ward with baked goods! Another reason why Sam is awesomesauce.
-Swingsalot the high ogre! When everyone else was having their politics, hanging out with him and being like "Do you understand any of this?" "No. Me swings a lot. Like to hit necromancers. Can't swings at politics."
-Speaking of which, the crazy political meeting. Very intense RP, both sides had such good points! If it wasn't for Erden, Kai probably would've abstained from voting at all!
-All of the general fun meeting new people and having cool rp moments with so many people. You guys really know how to make a newbie feel welcome, and Sam and I are definitely gonna keep on coming back!

I'm sure there's more that I've forgot because this was SUCH a fun event and SO many cool things happened. I can't wait to come back in September!!!

So much fun this weekend and as always loving getting to play my dwarf, but now where to start.

-All things Vanguard: i adore my team and have been so excited and proud to be a part of what we've been doing. This weekend really showed how we fight as a unit and there was plenty of great roleplay too.

-Sir Nevan talking with most of Vanguard about the future of Trellheim and he and Larien making the team realize what has been accomplished so far. I think it really got to all of us and was the first time we really got shown a clear picture of what has been accomplished so far as a team.

-Lowbie mercenary mod: getting to chase down the mercenaries and grill them for information was really intense and i don't think anyone in that group will doubt the agility of dwarves after that display lol

-Dwarven wingmen: endless amounts of awkward

-Vinny getting to explain dwarven relationships and having people be genuinely interested

-Dorian and Vinny's breakfast shenanigans

-Monty and Ket having a drinking contest and Ket forgetting that dwarves can resist poison when willingly ingesting an intoxicate, hilarious

-Sir Nevan's timing, arriving when all the adventurers are playing "duck, duck, goose" and honestly looking disappointed he had to interrupt.

so many more epic moments this weekend but i can't think of them all, overall had a fantastic time

As always, the first order of busyness must be THANK YOU NPC's!!!!

1: Making my clutch was one of the most amazing things I've done so far. Words cannot describe how nervous Huleen was every time he asked one of you to join and then how happy he was when you said yes. I spent a lot of time OOG working on that ritual and the language, and I'm so happy that everyone thought it was so cool. Hopefully I'll be able to incorporate more of it in the future!

2: Everything Kris. Being formally introduced to Vansir culture and being given an oath-ring totally blew me away. Then having Jovunn swear on her ring that she was going to do everything she can to get me adopted reduced me to dust. Also seeing Jovunn getting re-squired after the meeting was great. After all the fantastic RP we had this event I can't wait to see what we'll do in the future.

3: The Vakkar rites. I'm so glad I was able to be part of this. Each of the rites was awesome, and the forging of the sword was crazy! Props to you, Kyle, for thinking up using our heart's-blood in the forging, and the expressions of everyone in the tavern when they watched us kill Roden and drain his blood into a cup. Priceless.
Also having Jovunn use the rite of blood as an opportunity to teach Huleen about Slays. "This is a lesson, brother! Prepare to die!"

5: Nordenn. I'm really glad we agreed to stay together this event. Even though we were a bit scattered at times, when it mattered we acted together.

4: The Guardian of the forest. Meeting such an ancient person, listening to him talk about the lore of the land and finding out what the Dryads really are was beyond amazing.

6: The Vision Ritual with Ruis and being given a token from her.

7: Duck Duck Not-duck and watching Alda tackle Ren several times. "Alda! Ren's the goose!" *Flying Dryad tackle*

8: The food. Oh my gods, the food.

9: Ket being Intoxicated by Monty. "Oh, by the way, Resist."

10: Baby snake hold!

I know I'm forgetting somethings, but my brain still hasn't recovered. Can't wait 'till next event!

Back