June 23nd - Work/Module Day at Camp Matta Details

The Mariah and I will be there for the whole day. We will bring the Alexander, as well. I have nice branch lopers and such that I will bring. Looking forward to having the "Weapons Master" teach me his trade. I will be bring some food and drink items to share. Got to love a Working Party!!

LARP Mom said:
The Mariah and I will be there for the whole day.

Like I said, I might not be home yet. Remember that string intensive at Gustavus that I'm going to? Yeah, that.

I'd love to attend but... I really don't think I could be of much use. :p

Miss_Katira said:
I'd love to attend but... I really don't think I could be of much use. :p

Weapon crafting is often very detailed work with thin strips of duct tape for embellishments etc., Some of the clearing work is likely to be light as well, brush clearing arraigning stones, helping assemble picnic table kits etc.

Trust me everyone is helpful as long as they are willing to lend a hand and it's not all 'life the heavy thing' work ;-)

Talitha Vashti said:
LARP Mom said:

Like I said, I might not be home yet. Remember that string intensive at Gustavus that I'm going to? Yeah, that.

I guess the Alexander and I will just have to go without you. Though the work day is on Saturday and your class ends on Friday, so I don't see a conflict. But what do I know :funny:

LARP Mom said:
Talitha Vashti said:
LARP Mom said:

I guess the Alexander and I will just have to go without you. Though the work day is on Saturday and your class ends on Friday, so I don't see a conflict. But what do I know :funny:
hmmmm...Q: what does larp mom know? A: everything (at least if you want to live)

On a mod-day encounter you will be able to gain/loose treasure, get taught skills, or otherwise do things that you normally could at a regular event. A character could also resurrect and permanently die if that sequence of events happens, it really happens. A mod day is a very brief short amount of yet very real IG time.

LARP Mom said:
Talitha Vashti said:
LARP Mom said:

But I thought the dates were June 17-23! ...Well, I guess I'm going, then? :zonks:

I'll be there, and bringing the lady of the house along. Currently thinking about NPCing. [And give others a chance at beating me up. Beating up the local old fart - always a fun & lucrative passtime! :thumbsup: ]

But I was wondering - are we going to be building anything which requires tools & not just chopping equipment?

tazoulti said:
I'll be there, and bringing the lady of the house along. Currently thinking about NPCing. [And give others a chance at beating me up. Beating up the local old fart - always a fun & lucrative passtime! :thumbsup: ]

But I was wondering - are we going to be building anything which requires tools & not just chopping equipment?

The only think that might be built are a small number of picnic tables, so tools should not be nessasary.

On a side note remember folks, everyone can "Play" one (or more mods) and help npc the others!

I've started to update the OP with some of the intended modules.

Got ahold of my potential recruit about the date. Unfortunately he's unable to make it so we'll be down half a chainsaw. I'll still be there in all my short tree-felling splendor though.

Barring catastrophe, I'll be there.

Actually, depending on the catastrophe, I might be there anyway.

I'll be there, would like to do the lost child mod if possible. Also will we be able to blanket this?

A mod day is worth half day's gobbies and is blanketable.

I feel like I was going to say something, but completely forgot what I was going to say... If I was going to say anything...

Gr...

Does anyone have a webber or grill of some sort that they can bring for the day? Alysha Krebs is bringing burgers and buns - we could really use something to cook them on.

Any volunteers?

I also posted this on the Alliance FB group.

Let us know.

Well, I've got a double burner propane gas camp stove that Jen & I don't need anymore, so perhaps we could donate it if the chapter is interested in having it. Unfortunately, I don't think I have any propane tanks laying around to go with it, though.

- Tim

If you have even empty propane tanks, IIRC most stores have propane tank exchanges you can do.

Anyways, I will unfortunately not be attending as work has just been killer on me lately. Hope you all have fun though!

I will be there. Working a bunch. (I've been wanting to know how to build weapons for a while now). Then I will show up as Kendra so I can learn how to read right!

-Courtney H.

Back