Just outside the Sanctum's Entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very stoic and dour Tribesman makes his way through the streets of Calanhelm, a cocked eyebrow the only response afforded any who make eye contact with him, he walks with purpose, a leather satchel under one arm, and his staff thumping rythmically to his step on his other side. It's only been a month or so since last approaching these doors, however it's felt more than one lifetime has gone by and the man who once more approaches the doors of the Sanctum is clearly not the same as the man who fought with the doors twice before.

Crow waits patiently a few feet from the door until a few young apprentices leave the sanctum, opening the door for Crow he quickly steps in and makes his way to the front desk. "Crow of the Earthweavers checking in for use of the library," His tone serious and clearly not in the mood for small talk, "Would you be able to tell me if Kai or Ixit are currently available to help with a little research?"

the attendant looks up from her work. "I'm not sure what a Kai is, but Adeptus Ixit I believe is in the Library. You will have to speak with him directly to see if he is available to help." She smiles and motions to the familiar archway that leads to the Grand Library.

A young woman slips through the doors, her brown eyes wide beneath the hood of her cloak. She pads softly to the desk, staff making a dull thunk with every other step. She pushes back her hood, revealing hair that, though a bit windswept, is obviously manicured into a carelessly elegant style. A pair of horns, decorated with semi-precious stones, poke from her brow and pointed ears peek through her hair. Her smile is bright and eager as she faces the attendant. "Hello! I'm looking for a man known as Crow. I hear he's a bit short and probably grumpy right now, but usually not so much.. He wears black soot on his face, is what I'm told and he's an Earthweaver and he also has a lot of fur on." Her smiles grows brighter, a feat that seems nearly impossible considering the base line.

The attendant looks up at the young woman. "If he is here, he is likely in the Grand Library. Just through that Archway and follow the signs. There should be some other Sanctum members present if you get lost or cannot read." She points to the massive arch that separates the outer spires from the main one.

"Thank you!" She pushes up onto her tiptoes in a little 'pop' as she speaks before she begins to walk through the halls, following the signs as instructed. Now and then she pauses, distracted by this or that, enjoying the architecture or a the sight of a passer-by. At one point she stops to examine her own nails, frowning as she notices a tiny fracture in the paint. She, however, keeps on her quest, looking for a man she has not yet met.

Nose deep in a book, Crow seems disconnected from the rest of the world. Normally this is a common occurrence when the weaver is in the sanctums library, however this day he seems to be extremely dour, not muttering to himself about the apprentices that pass him in the library. Today he sits and reads in silence, flipping from a few pages, pulling a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket, examining it against his current book, and with a frustrated huff replacing the paper into his pocket and finding a new book.

Looking for even a moments distraction he raises his vision from the books, craning his neck as he looks around the library.

Kaja rocks on her heels as she seeks her target. Spotting the man with blackened eyes a wide grin tugs at the corners of her mouth. She walks quickly, purposefully to his table and takes a seat, uninvited, her posture straight, her chin lifted and a new smile on her face. The sort of smile that may have been practiced in front of a mirror until perfection was achieved. "Are you Crow? I bet you are. My deductive reasoning is quite possibly flawless."

She leans forward slightly, a girlish look of secret-sharing and conspiracy crossing her well-cared-for face. "You're going to -love- what I have to say!"

Waving a hand dismissively at the woman, repurposing himself by burying his nose in another text he continues, "My apologies miss, but contrary to the present, I am not a celestial apprentice, nor do I have the urge or time to help..." Glancing at the woman from the corner of his eye he stops his statement abruptly, taken slightly aback and off guard by the appearance of the woman."....you.." he continues dumbly, "I uhh, I'm sure there is someone else, who would be most uhhh, most gracious to uhh, erm.. to give you a hand!" His cheeks flushing lightly he returns to the study of his text, his nose nearly touching the pages.

Laughing brightly, Kaja shakes her head. "If I try studying Celestial magic, darling, I'll get into all sorts of trouble. I need an Earth mentor and I asked around and you're a Breacher! And I've heard you're very good." This last phrase is soaked in honey and framed in a well practiced smile paired with fluttering of lashes.

"I'm Kaja Rosewood." And with that she leans in, attempting to give a brief but warm hug to the man.

Entering the sanctum, observing the attendant at the entry desk, Malithon enters & strides towards the library to begin her studies, to discover answers her questions.

As she enters the familiar setting, she pauses to look about for an attendant that may assist her in her quests for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back