Kalin, Fantastic Healer...but no undead hunter.

Kevar

Fighter
Marshal
Kalin,
In the face of danger you cowered behind a ward. When fellow adventurers, and supposed friends are forced into servitude by vampires, killed in front of you, and raised from the dead to continue fighting for their cause you cowered behind a ward.

You indeed are a dedicated healer and I applaud you for your skills, I do not criticize you for that in the least. However when you claim to be a hunter of the undead I must draw the line. I have never had a major problem with you until last market day.

Elysia, Ryohoshi, Stoneskull, and I were assaulted by the vampires Lurin and Runir. We were in front of your window and door, and yet you never stirred. I don't know what to make of this, after being given the trust of the town in bearing a powerful weapon and then left to die by the hands of my former master. I can safely say that I will never be able to fully trust you, and even go as far as to say I hope you never stand beside me while fighting undead foes, you are obviously wrought with fear of them.

So if it needs to be stated again, Kalin you are no undead hunter. You are a fantastic healer who will help all, however when faced with the possibility of succumbing to a vampire you are no where to be found. Three of us had our spirits torn because of your false resolve, I hope you will take heed of my criticisms and change your ways.

May you find warmth from Winter's sweet embrace,
Kevar Byrne, Last Standard Bearer of the Order of the Earthen Fist.

Kevar,

Your actions this market day were with honor, but your actions now show a touch of why many of us did not like Lurin. If you have a problem with someone - take it up privately with them.

You accuse Kalin of having no honor. You, one who returns to Briarpass once a year, barely having fought alongside Kalin, accuse him of having no honor. I defend my friend here, publicly, as I find him honorable, and stand to defend that honor. As a friend of Kalin, I take great offense at your accusation.

Kalin did not hide behind a ward. I was attacked by the vampires just as you. You know why he did what he did? He had a broken arm this entire market day, but he ventured forth to ensure those who went into battle were healed. After our large melee, Kalin was out of spells to cast. He had nothing but one arm and a spear to fight with, against you, myself, and a number of undead. There was nothing one man could do in that situation.

People died, yes. Their spirits torn asunder. One of those spirits was a fellow member of the Order of Life Storm. Not for the lack of efforts of one man. The lack of efforts of many. Where were the other dark elves to fight the undead? I saw them hide in their ward the entire time. Millie and Cerria refused to wake up as well. Do I blame them? No. Those who resurrected do not blame any of them. Just yourself. So before you start blaming one man for what happened to many, perhaps you should reflect, and look at what the Earthen Fist wrought upon Wayside. Deciding to wear the mantle of guildmaster of the earthen fist has you already sounding like Lurin.

If you have issue with what I say, Kevar, I welcome you to confront me at the next market day, as I find yourself with no honor, and by extension, the Earthen Fist, as you have chosen to speak for what's left of them.

Stoneskull,
You speak wisely, and I find that you have brought my emotions under control. I knew that there were many others who did not come to the aid of us all, but I only knew of one who was known as an undead hunter. I made these accusations public out of blind sightedness, and for that I apologize. I did not claim that he had no honor, just that it was reduced severely in my eyes. I now see that indeed he was right to have stayed in doors, I apologize again for such public accusations. You must understand that I am wrought with many emotions over this resent discovery, and was not speaking in my right wits. I ask for my accusations to be remembered as primarily searching for excuses as to why I was killed by my very trusted friends. I do not take the burden of Guildmaster of the Order of the Earthen Fist, I am merely the steward until a leader as capable as Lurin rises from our ranks. I am surprised that you would accuse the Earthen Fist of bringing this upon Wayside, surely you know that this is a horrifying turn of events, and not some sort of twisted plot to decimate the town and its people. If not for Lurin and Runir succumbing to whatever forces made them vampires, it surely would have been someone else. Perhaps they were even targeted as heirs to Quasim's dark tasks, because they had been capable enough to see to his destruction.

Kalin, I would be honored to fight beside you, and hope that you still feel the same. I did not even think of the great battle that had take place earlier, as I was blinded by the current situation. I thank you for your service to us all, though it pained you greatly.

I leave you with this. I will bear the banner of the Order of the Earthen Fist, and seek to destroy the vile abominations that Lurin and Runir have become because that is indeed what the Order stands for. Protecting those who cannot protect themselves, and ridding the lands of those who seek only to harm innocent lives.

Kevar and Stoneskull,

You both have my sincere regret that I did not wake until the last moment. Kalin and myself were both in a dying state from the undead. I would have given all that I could to defend any of you. And as for the illwords against Kalin, he defended me and saved my life several times over the market day, just as he did for others. What Stonskull said was indeed true, Kalin was injured and still picked up a weapon to defend and healed all that he could. For this he has earned my trust.

Kevar, your initial words hurt but I could only see them coming from the blindness of seeing friends succumbed to the chaos that brewed in the lands. If I were able to do anything, I would have, but by the time I found out what happened, the bodies of our friends had already dissipated and I was torn. I was woken up to 3 undead standing over my bed beating me to death. If not for my brother Bart, I would have gone to the resurrection circle myself dying unarmed and broken. When I came to from the life spell, I saw that we were severely outnumbered and there was little i could do. Stoneskull was already back inside the safety of the ward and saw no other friends outside so i returned to slumber, being as I had nothing left from the prior fight to deal with 2 vampires, one of which i know is at least as well schooled in the earth magics as I am.

I accept your apology as it was said in blind anger towards the situation and will vow to help you redeem your friends' spirits as they were once friends of mine as well. I look forward to our next adventure and what bonding it can add to our friendship.

Sincerely,

Kalin
Little Brother of Lifestorm
Undead Hunter
Scholar with a Sword

I am not sorry to have fallen at the hands of undead. I fell doing what I love and cherish -- and as a child of the Earth magics, I can ask for nothing more than the strength that is given me by Fortanis to defeat those that ravage the balance.

I am, however, slightly taken aback by the lack of -any- response in people. They didn't stir, they didn't even get up. This is somewhat shameful. I understand you were tapped. I was tapped. We -all- were. Yet, when we heard cries for help, we put ourselves into gear and tried to help.

It sometimes staggers me to see the lack of valor in people who call themselves heroes; adventurers.

If I were to cower behind a ward, people would have something to say. Why is it okay for others to do so, simply because we had a hard fight?

I hate to break it to you -- but there will always be hard fights. There will always be tests that put your nose to the pavement, that bend you down to the floor, that cause you to shake under strain.

Wouldn't you like to say you passed? And even if you do not succeed in the mission you set forth upon, you would at least have the personal knowledge that you tried. That you gave it a shot.

But many of you did not even try.

Maybe next time I'll be too tired to heal you. Maybe next time I'll be too tapped to run halfway across the field for a potion to bring you back from death's door. Maybe... just maybe I won't sacrifice my life to save yours -- as every time I activate my life spell, I risk resurrection -- because I'm too tired. Too broken. Too lazy.

No one showed up to assure that we even resurrected. If Jehan had not felt our spirits calling him to the circle, we could have just been left there for hours, incorporeal. Ethereal beings on the verges of life, with no one to sing us tales or give us will to reform. I do not think that a spirit, in that state, will want to return to life if given too long to linger -- as resurrection itself is an act of will to begin with.

I've yet to hear apologies for the fact that my spirit was torn asunder. That Kevar and Ryohoshi suffered the same fate -- from almost anyone other than members of Lifestorm who felt they had slipped in their duty. Many continued to sleep on, as if they could not be troubled.

Mayhaps next time I will not be able to be troubled.

All,

I know that I wasn't around and all but may I pose the question as to how many people lay bleeding when you all think they were being to lazy to help? I mean it is just a thought but in all my years of adventuring it has been known to happen. This means that before any one person or group can be singled out for not helping those who are throwing accusations and such about should look at all aspects of the situation. Perhaps those who did not get up were unable to move? Maybe beaten to death in their sleep? Paralyzed? From what I understand if these undead were being controlled by vampires, and they indeed were intelligent, which I imagine Lurin and Runir still are, then it is very likely they could have ordered their undead to attack the sleeping victims. Right?

I have fought vampires in the past who targeted those who were on the ground, so to me you never know what might happen when they come around.

Just my two copper,

Ah my dear Elysia,

Never again would I see me your spirit weakened, indeed it was only the pain of your rejection that drove Runir to animate you, that and the unfortunate nessecity of our task. Truely we do yearn for the comfort of your conpanionship, but were we must go you cannot follow in a comfortable form. There was no need for the whole town to get involved in our visit as we were only there to find a few specific things, no doubt many were tired and exhausted from whatever you were up to before we arrived before.

Kevar,

You expect to take up my mantle and yet you retreat from your opinions at the its first sign of disagreement? I was looking forward to dancing with Kalin but it seems that pleasure must wait for another night. Truely Kevar you must choose wether or not you approve of peoples actions and stand by your belief. What good is it for you to too to state that you are against something if you stand for it the next day? Your behavior disappoints me Kevar, stiff your resolve and beliefs before I am forced to excise you from the Order.

-Lurin

Lurin,

I apologized to Kalin as an individual, because Stoneskull was right I shouldn't single him out. It is not just he who deserves to be called out, but many in the town. Elysia will be the true voice of reason in this, as she often is. There will be a time when I will resolve my issues with some people in Wayside, but until then I will be content. Lurin, you yourself are a more important issue, there is much that needs to be done to save innocents, but none quite as pressing as dealing with you. I can not wait for us to meet again, perhaps you will be able to teach me another lesson, Lurin. As you have taught me so many before.

Kevar,

You speak out of turn. You disregard the rules. You seek lessons from the wrong master. Yes little Kevar you have much to learn, and as always I will be happy to teach you.

Master at arms of the Order of the Earthen Fist,
Runir

Runir - Being an outlaw, you no longer have the legal rights to a title in the Earthen Fist . If you renounce your master, turn yourself into the authorities, and assist in removing the plague from your body and Spirit, you may be able to reclaim your previous status. But, until then, your dishonour both the Earthen Fist and Albor by continuing to use your title. Though your priorities may have shifted and your goals changed, don't draw the Earth Fist into this new fight - it's no longer applicable to your life.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Hartsboon,

You would dare, IN MY HOUSE! My life, my love, everything is about what I am and who I serve, The Earthen Fist. You have no right elf to interfere with myself and my compatriots. As for being an outlaw thats nothing new. We were always outlaws, protecting the land and people from bureaucracy and others who would exploit them. I have been an outlaw all my life, this is nothing new. I was an outlaw in your lands from the time I delivered a deathblow to the vampire Quassime when I was first coming to Wayside.

Master at arms of the Order of the Earthen Fist
Runir

The Earthen Fist is the executive arm of the Alborian Earth Guild; you cannot hold title in that guild as long as you are undead. Band together under whatever flag you want, hold yourself to any standard you wish, pursue every goal your Spirit and Will can create - but you will not comport yourself as a law abiding citizen while you do it.

You did not choose to become undead, you were taken by a Vampire and forced against your will to act in this manner. For that, the law should have compassion. But, holding contempt for guilds themselves, tarnishing the will of the King, infecting the good deeds created by the Earthen Fist - for that there is no mercy.

If you truly feel you can do more 'good' in your current form, so be it - you know the consequences and choose to embrace them. But, you no longer have any rights to do so in the name of a lawful and Earth-fearing organization. Continued use of that honourable title will simply further blacken your chances for redemption.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Hartsboon,

I am the guild! You have no right to tell of what I can and cannot be, or to whom I represent. I am the blade of justice, the executioner of the Order. There is one above me, the guild master Lurin. We will dispense justice to those deserving. As the gavel sounds so too dose my blade go to work, I serve. Bring me the fallen star! We have matters to resolve to this end.

Who are you to speak on the matter of my awakening? I see only one thing, a traitor. You would be so bold as to speak on matters you should have no knowledge. So I say to all the adventures of Wayside. Cast out this lier and usurper, for he is in collusion with the great one.

Master at arms of the Order of the Earthen Fist
Runir

I have a yard to spin. Not many adventures of the town care to listen. Because, lets face it; I talk a lot. And most towns’ folk and other that travel here just tune me out unless I force the issue.

Now, three years ago adventures were first called back to this regency, for help with a problem. Two orc tribes were displaced from the Sandorian Mountains. They along with some goblins and the Matron invaded our little hamlet and claimed it as their own. This did not work well for the current residents or any regency. So Senchall Jocelyn Rassh sent a call for all adventures to come and help. Now this was risky for Jocelyn. This is because; about 200 years ago Master Horatio had a band of adventures called the Green Blades.

The Green Blades had tracked an undead to the orphanarium. They then cornered the undead and went inside. The records form the trial are sketchy at best, but, the end result was the Green Blade massacre; where the orphans where killed. At that point adventuring was outlawed and the world moved on. So back to three years ago. We were summoned to put down the Orc and goblin uprising. During that time they orcs kept mentioning something about a writ. And how they were kicked out of their ancestral homes by Arbor, aqua. The capital. So I went after several battles to speak to their chieftain Effram Rockfist.

After talking to the adventures and Seneschal Jocelyn it was decided that the orcs should stay. And we now had a new Regent, Effram and new neighbors. Things for the most part quieted down and all seemed well. That was until the tainted animals appeared. Through much investigation it was discovered that the white unicorn was trapped and all those connected to her were affected by that same taint.

The four brothers Dominic, Barathian, and Thorn along with the were bear tribe and just about every woodland creature. As we dealt with each problem in kind Barathian then Dominic then Thorn we encountered Skarn. Skarn is the black unicorn and is the counter balance to Lumierre. We had many run ins with him and his Chaos Brambles and the Chaos Veins. And a little brood here and there.
Long and short or it we were totally overwhelmed. The entitiry of Wayside being out of balance cuppled with over due taxes caused most of us to run around with chickens with our heads cut off. Finally after long seasons almost everything has settled down. Or so we thought.

I was not there for the rescue of Lumierre but, I was told to me that she mumbled about how SOMEONE kicked her into the Limpid Pool of Time. She was there investigating the tree of Life. I have seen the tree and it’s leaves fell too soon this year. We were too foolish to notice the signs. Someone most likely the Hero kicked Lumierre the Bastian of Light and Earth into the pool. He is the cause of the Romani curse in these lands. I would suspect. While she was incapacitated and we were distracted and the bur crates in Arbor continued on their merry way and Skarn had a field day destroying things.
Our lands our peoples graves have been robbed. Lady Death, Prince Quassim, General Stone Bitter and now Runir and Lurin. The Hero is our true adversary. He has masterminded this whole scheme. We were to busy dealing with the next big problem to see the bigger picture. He was cursed and is most likely the man creating these undead. He has been around for a long time and I am surprised that no one before myself and Elysia figured this out.
If anyone has any further questions let me know here or by pigeon.

As for Runir and Lurin I shall meet you at any place and any time to bring you back to your rightful ways. You have fallen from your path and it saddens me to know what you have now become.

Wow... now you put it like that it sorta makes sense Lidd... but why call himself "The Hero?" and where did you get that name?

Jara

Ah Liddia,

I had hoped that you might be tempted out once again, it is always an amazing site to see just how much stronger people stand in the dream realm where they feel safe. How quickly stiff spines turn watery and stout leaders become scarce when challenged. You are one of the few that would stand in the night against the darkness, tell me Liddia, how did you fare when you faced Quassim? How many times did you spirit quiver in the silence of the Earth Circle waiting to be called back? It would seem by your words that you do not feel this has happened enough, as much as I would be glad to oblige you, strength of will such as yours is not be thrown away so easily, no Liddia, you shall join us, willingly or otherwise. I will reenforce your body to match your spirit, and together we can drive the fae from the lands.

You are certaintly correct about one thing, you shall meet us at any time, and at any place, of our choosing. We will see if you have gained the ability to focus on the matter at hand or if you will continue to jump from one false assumption to another, dragging the innocent adventurers of Wayside, through fae, fire, and undeath as you stumble through matters far above your ability, making promises you can't keep to masters you are not willing to serve.

- Lurin, Eternal Archduke of Wayside

Lurin,
Your silver tounge continues to grace you even in undeath. I have made many mistakes and my spirit has been shatared because of it. I have also gone to the Earth circle because, of your master once already and I do not intend upon revisiting it. I have kept my word to my master have you to yours? We shall see what happend next market day.

Jara,
He was granted that title by the Tower. I am not sure exactly what it means as of yet but, I intend to find out.

Liddia FallingStar Mistress of Mushroom Hallow

Liddia,
Concentrate on the problem at hand, your chasing after something that doesnt makes sense and some of your information is plumb wrong!

That stupid tower doesn't exist... noone has ever even SEEN IT!

Riley Risenhoofen

Does to. Lots of us fought in it. Stoneskull, Cazik, umm...Mara, Lurin when him was alive, Jehan and even Durl I think had a run in it.

You are speaking of the same tower, right Lyddia?

Back