Kid's Event!

IvanDrake said:
Cuar Hyanda said:
so what are the pricing for the kid's event. they the same?

No, the Kid's Event is just $20 per person (child or adult) to PC and of course, NPCs get to play for free (and get Gobbies, free food and stuff!).

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Is it ok to throw on my outfit for my PC and be in character for some of the kids for a bit during down times in the tavern?

Edit: Just paid for David and you can add me to the NPC list.

kes166 said:
IvanDrake said:
Cuar Hyanda said:
so what are the pricing for the kid's event. they the same?

No, the Kid's Event is just $20 per person (child or adult) to PC and of course, NPCs get to play for free (and get Gobbies, free food and stuff!).

Is it ok to throw on my outfit for my PC and be in character for some of the kids for a bit during down times in the tavern?

Absolutely!

And I want to make sure that if we are bringing our kids, we can dress in our char garb and go with the kids, but not help in any other way than to guide them in a direction, correct?

jzick1984 said:
And I want to make sure that if we are bringing our kids, we can dress in our char garb and go with the kids, but not help in any other way than to guide them in a direction, correct?

Correct!

It's a great opportunity to play with your kids, but they get to be the heroes!

I do appreciate, however, when the parents also spend some time NPCing as we'll need as many monsters and bad guys we can get. If all the parents play their characters all the time, then they'll be no one for the kids to fight!

Count us in for NPC'ing! Also, Mason had said something about wanting to play a monster, so was wondering if possible if he could do a little NPC stint? I'd make sure he understood the intent for the NPC's to to allow for the PC's to win, but thought it might be good to encourage the seeds of giving back early on. Kyle, let me know! :)

heya all. I have to bow out of the event. Im rewriting it a little bit before i resubmit. With being HoL at HQ I have to be at each of there events plus the nationals are at our site. so taking care of that too. Boss wouldnt give me all the weekends off. BUT shoudl b a solid event. Friday is the chill get to know you and storytelling night with a tie in to the weekends story. Saturday is the kids doing a quest with an " oh heck what did we do" and they then have to scramble to fix it. Should be fun and for the big kids they get to rp to make allies or enemies. Sat evening bigger kids go on a "grown up mod". Sunday is putting the peices in place and proving to the ally/enemy that they can fix what they did. all of these things are subject to change hehe

kathyrosen said:
Count us in for NPC'ing! Also, Mason had said something about wanting to play a monster, so was wondering if possible if he could do a little NPC stint? I'd make sure he understood the intent for the NPC's to to allow for the PC's to win, but thought it might be good to encourage the seeds of giving back early on. Kyle, let me know! :)

I'm sure we can find a monster for Mason to play, if he's willing.

IvanDrake said:
I'm sure we can find a monster for Mason to play, if he's willing.

Willing? Hehe. This is the kid who kept saying "Brains...Brains..." while going after the goblins last year. :lol:
I think he's almost more excited about doing that then he is about playing his character.

It'd have to be a non-combat role, though, since we don't allow kids to fight kids. Would he be okay with that?

--- Eric

IvanDrake said:
It'd have to be a non-combat role, though, since we don't allow kids to fight kids. Would he be okay with that?

--- Eric
Hmmm.... hadn't thought about that. I'll check and see if he's still as excited.

Kathy I'm writing a "monster infiltration" mod where the kids drink a potion to make them look like monsters to get an object. Adults will play the npc baddies. problem solved

Hello, I am a new alliance player (July was my first event) and I am looking at bringing my 8 year old daughter up for the kids event. The plan is that she will play and I would NPC. I was hoping that someone could give me an idea of what she would be doing as a player and what I would be doing as an NPC. I was hoping she would get a chance to smack me (or other adult NPCs) around a bit because she loves my boffers, but I saw the post that says the kids don't get to fight so I am trying to get an idea of what to expect. This will give me an idea of what I need to bring along for her as far as costuming and the like.

I am also wondering if it will be opened up for registration just like the normal events. By that I mean does the child need a membership for the event or is the cost fixed at $25, are the rooms and cabins available for rental like normal, etc. I understand there is no food committee presence at the Kid's event but are adults allowed to use the kitchen provided they bring their own items and clean up after themselves, etc.

Any insight anyone could provide would be appreciated. Thank you.

The kids do fight the adults, we just don't let them beat each other up. ;)

I'll let somebody in charge answer the registration questions.

The kids most certainly do get to involved in combat, but they are suppose to only fight against adult NPCs. There are also spells and other skills available for the kids to choose from. The rules are simplified for the kids and I'll be bringing copies to distribute to those who are new to the kid's event.

There are no membership requirements for registration. The cost is $25 per person (adult or child) for the weekend and you can pre-register through the HQ website. Sleeping arrangements are typically "first come, first served," but there is always plenty of room between the private rooms and the cabins.

As for food, bring your own lunch and snack items (and lots of water!), but we do collect a few dollars from everyone on Saturday afternoon for a pizza party for Saturday night.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Thank you both for your prompt replies. I have registered and paid for my daughter and I will be NPCing.

I was wonder if it would be acceptable for me to bring the stuff to make pancakes for breakfast for the people who show up for the kids event? I am planning on NPCing but with it being my first NPC shift am not sure if I would be allowed to step out and play in the tavern during breakfast. Basically, I guess I am asking is am I allowed to use the kitchen (provided I clean up after myself of course)?

I brought a hot plate last kids event to cook breakfast. I'm not any sort of official person who can answer your question, but I know I did use some of the kitchen utensils to cook with for myself and my son last event.

Yes, you can definitely use the kitchen (assuming you clean up) and you are more than welcome to make pancakes for breakfast. We'd love that!

The kid's game is somewhat looser than typical adult events. Since there are usualy around 10 kids or so, the event is like one big module with some downtime in between structured events for role-playing and random NPC monster encounters.

Back