Laws of the Lands

MacFawkes

Artisan
I bring greetings to those across the mists with a request for information.

My name is Sir Darius Wagerset, hailing from the kingdom of Acarthia. I have recently been tasked by the Paladins of the Order of Lucious to rewrite our laws. As of this past year, our fair lands have undergone a notable change in elemental forces, which has weakened many of our people to the point that they cannot resurrect successfully. The result of this is that crimes which carry a mandatory minimum sentence of execution become far more punitive than they might have been before this affliction.

I understand that many people in shards across Fortannis have experienced similar difficulties with resurrection. To aid in this endeavor and ensure that I gather as much information as possible, I entreat those from across the mists to share the laws of your lands. If you do not have an organized government, still I would appreciate hearing about the general customs that guide your lands and how infractions are handled.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention to this matter.

In Service,
Sir Darius Wagerset, Knight-Sophist of the Barony of Rivervale,
Duchy of Acarthia,
Kingdom of Acarthia

Greetings Sir Darius,

The lands of Enerret have similar issues with not all or even many of its native peoples being stalwart spirits. That has not deterred the kingdom of Tharros from including the death penalty or harsher in her laws. Please find below the laws of Tharros, the land in which I currently reside and serve as a recognized Knight Errant.

In Service,
Dame Ny'ranï Sheehar al'Basteau
Knight Errant
The Order of Madeleine, Kingdom of Parna

The break of dawn welcomes the Spring Queen
The warmth of midday inspires the Summer Queen
The cool of twilight tempers the Autumn Queen
The dark of night remembers the Winter Queen

The Laws of Tharros
All non-citizens, ambassadors, and citizens of Tharros are subject to her laws while within her borders. All ambassadors are held to noble standards of punishment in Tharros while within her land. Ignorance of law will be subject to the noble’s discretion upon punishment.

The punishments of the following crimes are subject to change by the noble or appointed sheriff with noble approval. Accused individuals are guilty until proven innocent, but have a right to trial by combat.

Major Crimes

Treason - As defined by the endangerment of Tharros, or its people. The punishment will be obliteration, and exile from the Kingdom of Tharros as a hostile enemy.

Necromancy – As defined by the casting of any chaos magics, necromantic rituals, or raising, aiding, or abetting of the undead. The convicted are formally marked by The Red Skull and executed.

Murder - As defined by the permanent death, resurrection, regeneration, or bottle resuscitation of the victim.

Ritual Assault - Punishment is subject to the noble and sheriff befitting of the crime.

Arson - A fine befitting of the damage, as well as services rendered back to the community.

Slavery - Immediate freedom of said slaves, and services rendered back to the community.

Minor Crimes

Assault – 5 gold crowns as a beginning fine, subject to change at any time by noble or sheriff order.

Theft - Cost of the items in question, plus a fine defined by noble or sheriff order.

Insubordination - 5 gold crowns as a beginning fine, subject to change at any time by noble or sheriff.

Mockery of a Noble Title - 5 gold crowns as a beginning fine, subject to change at any time by noble or sheriff order.

Poaching on Royal Grounds - 1 gold fine, subject to change at noble’s discretion.

Additional Laws

All rituals done within the borders of towns must be reported to the noble prior to beginning the ritual.

All citizens must have registered within the towns to account for population and resource management.

All non-citizens must have registered within their town of residence to account for population and resource management.

Back