Letter to the People of Erabella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan S

Scholar
To every citizen of Erabella,

It is my privilege to share the news that the war is over! With the surrender of General Cleavius and the death of the exile Erwin Pennoyer the northern forces broke. It has been a rough few months, but with the aid of General Hildigard of Thoinia his Golden Blades, we have managed to cut down what remains of the traitors. On behalf of the nation of Erabella, I want to express my gratitude for the aid that Thoinia provided in our darkest hour, and continue to provide today.

As we begin to put this dark chapter behind us, and look to our futures, the time has come for us to formalize the leadership of our great nation. To that end Cerys Morris, Llassar Flint, and myself have chosen a Minister Council to lead us going forward. While the three of us will join this council so that we may continue to aid the nation as we make this grand transition, we will also be bringing two more voices to this council; two selected by the citizens of this nation. In the coming month each citizen of this nation may volunteer themselves to fill this role. At the end of the month we will hold an election, bringing the two citizens with the most support onto the Minister Council. Ministers shall serve for a term of seven years, after which another election will be held, and a new council will lead the nation into the future.

Minister Morris and Minister Flint have voiced their support for me to lead this council, and I have graciously accepted. It is an honor and a privilege to continue to serve the nation of Erabella. In my role they wished that I would serve as the head of our army, and while I will do so when a conflict arises that requires us to raise an army, as my first act as Prime Minister I am releasing the noble soldiers who have fought for their nation. They took up arms to defend what was right and just, and we shall repay them the debt that is owed. Now they may return to their homes and families, to build the lives they dreamed were worthy of fighting for.

As long as I serve as Prime Minister, I will task the Minister Council with serving the citizens of Erabella first and foremost. We will ensure that every able citizen has land to till and a home to call their own. We shall uphold the rights of every citizen to a good life and healthy being. We shall protect our citizens from those who would seek to steal that from them, and those who would strip away their independence.

On a lighter note, in one month we will be holding a grand tournament. Every citizen of Erabella who wishes to prove their prowess in battle is encouraged to enter; many who had never before wielded a weapon have learned that they had a grandmaster lurking within them. Now is the chance to be recognized for those capabilities, and rewarded for the effort that was taken to learn those skills. May we now only draw weapons in matches for enjoyment, rather than in necessity to defend our homes. I look forward to witnessing this melee, and crowning its victor!

May we see this bright future together,
Prime Minister Cardan Powell

The grand tournament has come to an end, and it is my great honor to announce your champion, André Khrom! Though he came from humble beginnings, André proved himself a capable combatant during the revolution, participating in several battles on the northern front. Now in more peaceful times, he has defeated many other capable contenders to prove himself as the greatest warrior in Erabella.

With the first ever elections of this nation coming to a close we have two new members joining the Minister Council. Minister John-Lambert Talon and Minister Sigvald Grimson won the recent election with strong majorities, and I look forward to what they will bring in service of our great nation.

Today I must bring forward and share with you all the dire circumstances that have befallen our nation, and illuminate the course going forward. Though many of you are unaware, not long ago it was uncovered that the Pennoyer family swore an oath to Evoder back at the founding of Erabella that the nation would loyal serve him forever. While this oath holds no sway over those who have thrown off the shackles of the former royal family, when this information was shared with Lannek by the "Adventurers" the Oathsworn took issue with such a weighty oath having been forsaken.

A few months ago our scouts reported that the Lannek army was massing at our southern border, and at the direction of the Minister Council several diplomats were dispatched to Lannek to negotiate with their leadership. These negotiations concluded this past month when an emissary of Lannek accompanied by Ambassador Thrace came to visit Tilmere. The decided remedy between our two nations is a duel with each nation electing a single champion to represent them. This duel will take place in just over a month's time at Castle Caiple, a border city in the Western Duchy.

André Khrom will be serving as the champion for the Nation of Erabella. At the request of the Minister Council, the Magic Guild is providing him with magical armaments crafted to strengthen him in battle. The Seekers Guild has also been tasked with uncovering ancient artifacts that can be utilized to stave off the powers that Lannek's champion is sure to bring to bear. It is my understanding that the Seekers Guild and Magic Guild have been working in concert with the "Adventurers" to also retrieve items of power from the Vault beneath the Palace of the Crossed Blades, and I would like to formally extend our appreciation for their efforts in this part.

Now as we all work together towards this common goal we show the true spirit of the Human nation. Not one of war and murder, but one of comradery, alliance, and partnership. Together we shall overcome this obstacle as we have overcome all others before this to shape this nation where each citizen can pursue their right to life, freedom, and prosperity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back