Magic items for sale

Raven_

For a number of reasons I will no longer be playing Alliance as much and I have a number of magic items that I would like to offload.
Prisons, Lifes, Cure Morts, Cloaks. Good stuff.
I have scrolls too, so I could make something specific as well.

Send me a message if your interested.

Shouldn't this be in an IG thread?

If he was selling it ig

*shrugs* Its been done in the past.

I guess, to me, I've always sort of felt that IG items belonged to the character, not the player. Which is why you can't pass stuff between your PCs. Also, that sort of thing sort of opens the door to things like selling MIs for cash.

I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying that it feels wrong. But I'm not an owner, so, it's not something I have the power to influence.

Realistically speaking, there's not a way the owners can influence it either.

Yes, they can make a rule against it, but there would be very little in the way of capability of determining if the sale was a cash transaction or an IG one.

Realistically speaking, there's not a way the owners can influence it either.

Yes, they can make a rule against it, but there would be very little in the way of capability of determining if the sale was a cash transaction or an IG one.

A rule would certainly prevent forum usage for said transaction. Sure, there's no way a rule could prevent it, but hey, we rely on an honor system anyways. Cheaters gonna cheat. At least they'd know they were cheating.

Interactions between characters have never really been codified. Can my Artisan sell his wares to my Fighter? What if they play in the same chapter and alternate? What if they are in the same group, is it okay for the artisan to donate to the group box and the fighter to take out said donations? Can I offer to pay for someone's in game drinks in exchange for a ride to the event? What if it's in game money only? What if it's OOG money?

etc. etc. etc.

Ultimate if anyone can come up with, or wants to try to codify these into a standard, a proposal could definitely be made and I'm sure it would get attention. Until then the lines are different for everyone and ultimately it's not something we owners have really drawn a line on outside of the good sportsmanship rule.

Interactions between characters have never really been codified. Can my Artisan sell his wares to my Fighter? What if they play in the same chapter and alternate? What if they are in the same group, is it okay for the artisan to donate to the group box and the fighter to take out said donations? Can I offer to pay for someone's in game drinks in exchange for a ride to the event? What if it's in game money only? What if it's OOG money?

This is actually addressed in the ARB, in the section "Multiple Characters," page 88.

"Multiple characters belonging to the same
player may never directly interact in any way.
You cannot have one character sell, donate, or
will items to your other character; nor can you
use an intermediary to do this for you by giving
them your possessions only to have them
give them to your new character."

It is absolutely codified, (edit) and serves as the philosophical basis for my objection.

Huh who knew? I've never done it but I also did not recall that particular rulebook section, I stand corrected.

Honestly I consider the IG question moot so long as we sell Goblin Stamps for cash and can use them to buy IG items. The MIs were likely not obtained via IG means in the first place, so limiting their transfer to IG means doesn't really follow.

Either way, it's not really a big deal. Nobody's likely ever going to ask IG where an item came from, and essentially putting a requirement on someone to go deal with it in game when they are trying to offload gear that they're not going to use due to being unable to go to game as often is a bit of a Catch 22. :)

Honestly I consider the IG question moot so long as we sell Goblin Stamps for cash and can use them to buy IG items. The MIs were likely not obtained via IG means in the first place, so limiting their transfer to IG means doesn't really follow.

Either way, it's not really a big deal. Nobody's likely ever going to ask IG where an item came from, and essentially putting a requirement on someone to go deal with it in game when they are trying to offload gear that they're not going to use due to being unable to go to game as often is a bit of a Catch 22. :)

For your first point, I sorta understand where you're coming from, though cash going to a chapter is going to benefit the game as a whole, whereas cash going to an individual is only going to benefit the individual. There's a difference in that.

For your second point, them's the breaks. Give the stuff to your friends, liquidate it into gold for later use via the Fortannis boards, etc.

When lco items were LCO we would npc/staff in one chapter and trade with npc/staff on the other chapter. it was all done oog.
What about people that buy stuff oog and sell the stuff ig, there isnt really an ig value to it because it was never paid for at logistics (I'm not knocking it, I like when people seem real stuff for fake money).
As for page 88, that's referring to the sharing of stuff between your own personal characters. Your characters should be as separate as they can (not different but separate).
Like I said before, it's been done in the past. I know members of plot teams that have done it (at the time).

When lco items were LCO we would npc/staff in one chapter and trade with npc/staff on the other chapter. it was all done oog.
What about people that buy stuff oog and sell the stuff ig, there isnt really an ig value to it because it was never paid for at logistics (I'm not knocking it, I like when people seem real stuff for fake money).
As for page 88, that's referring to the sharing of stuff between your own personal characters. Your characters should be as separate as they can (not different but separate).
Like I said before, it's been done in the past. I know members of plot teams that have done it (at the time).

My objection to it is based on the fact that you can't really object to people who grind/hoard MIs for the entire purpose of selling them for OOG money, and because it -absolutely wrecks- the 4th wall.

I mean, if a group of highbies traveled between chapters, wrecked and looted stuff, and only sold that stuff for $, you wouldn't really be able to object, right? The why is irrelevant. Once you approve of players owning MIs, and not characters, you can't really disapprove of whatever they do with it.

Want that Regen set? $300.

DA? $50. We'll even throw in a bunch of components at $5 each.

At least if a chapter is selling LCO rits, at least you know that $ is going towards makeup, props, etc that will make your story better. Also, since those LCO rits are generally sold using Goblin Stamps, people can volunteer, put time into making the game better, and be rewarded for it with LCO rits. They don't -need- cash.

Sure, this stuff doesn't happen often enough to matter. I certainly hope it never gets to that point, either. Because it'll be a pretty terrible thing.

You do realize that a number of chapters already have GS plans in place to do just that.

I mean, even HQ sells components, catalysts, and scrolls as well as finished items for GS.

As for high level players? I would be lying if I said I hadn't run into more than one group over the years who chapter hop and have a significant amount of stuff for sale based on it.

At the end of the day, the highbie loot vacuum is the same experience for the rest of the players no matter how they dispose of their gains. :)

Last edited:
You do realize that a number of chapters already have GS plans in place to do just that.

I mean, even HQ sells components, catalysts, and scrolls as well as finished items for GS.

Did you gloss over the part where I stated that there's at least a justification for that? It was several sentences. I'll repeat it, as I fear you missed it.

"At least if a chapter is selling LCO rits, at least you know that $ is going towards makeup, props, etc that will make your story better. Also, since those LCO rits are generally sold using Goblin Stamps, people can volunteer, put time into making the game better, and be rewarded for it with LCO rits. They don't -need- cash."

As for high level players? I would be lying if I said I hadn't run into more than one group over the years who chapter hop and have a significant amount of stuff for sale based on it.

At the end of the day, the highbie loot vacuum is the same experience for the rest of the players no matter how they dispose of their gains. :)

If they sell stuff purely for $, that's pretty bad. That's not a positive for the game at all. As for the loot vacuum you refer to, that's not a justification for the issue that's been stated.

My objection to it is based on the fact that you can't really object to people who grind/hoard MIs for the entire purpose of selling them for OOG money, and because it -absolutely wrecks- the 4th wall.

People do it all the time, again from my previous post, they do it in reverse using real money to purchase food/trinkets/what ever and sell it for IG coin when it has no IG value.

If they sell stuff purely for $, that's pretty bad. That's not a positive for the game at all. As for the loot vacuum you refer to, that's not a justification for the issue that's been stated.

From the player perspective, loot that leaves to be sold for cash and loot that leaves the chapter are effectively the same. It doesn't circulate in the in-game economy, and devalues coin coin even further by reducing the things it can actually be usefully spent on, given that under the current system MIs are the only worthwhile major investments available.

Back