Making everyone important.

But you can use OP high magic

David,

High Magic isn't going away. It's certainly going to have modifications, but it's not going away.

I would ask you to please be constructive with your feedback if you're going to be involved in the discussion, because slinging disagreements without solutions isn't helpful.

Thank you.

David,

High Magic isn't going away. It's certainly going to have modifications, but it's not going away.

I would ask you to please be constructive with your feedback if you're going to be involved in the discussion, because slinging disagreements without solutions isn't helpful.

Thank you.
What did Dave say that was "slinging disagreements"?
Did I miss something?

Thanks Steve

David,

Thank you.
While I agree that alchemy is crazy overpowered and getting worse with the new rules, I don't know that moving where poison shields come from would make any difference in terms of the OPness of alchemy. Every shady PC would still need two packets to take down anyone playing the wrong race.

However, making poison shield a rogue skill may be problematic. First, in chapters I've played there have been few PC rogues. If 5% of the PC have access to poison shield, then things could get weird. But really, lots of players from different classes will be picking up poison shield because it would count toward their rogue build for buying dodges. So giving rogues poison shield probably doesn't even help rogues as much as it helps fighters (who are now buying dodges because they can't buy profs in the new rules).

Alchemy is getting another significant buff in the current .9. With MIs getting removed, you can't "Activate Purify" yourself out of a problem, outside of using a Times Ever.

Evan you responded to Jim's post about alchemy saying how some one can't use and activate and I am pointing out that you are incorrect that they can use High Magic to get out of it. I am also pointing out how Over Powered it is.

I think a good way to address the main question of the thread is to take a look at some of the basic game design principals behind how the classes are built, and ask ourselves a few questions about each class in turn.

- What should no class be able to do?
- What one or two things should this class have to rely on allies for?
- What is this class's most basic fallback action?
- What is the flashiest, coolest, most impactful thing this class should do only occasionally or at great cost?
- What should the class do to get from the basic fallback action, to the flashy action?

Back