March and May, A recipe for Chaos!

Knee or face, depending on whether I found you more irritating because of your mobility or your talking...

Its not a question of whether or not you felt they should be reprimanded...

When did you hit templar?

To tell you the truth, I wasn't even paying attention. I can't afford to pay attention as I already owe it a freaking lot. In fact, I am avoiding attention altogether to avoid paying my debts.

That never works... once you stop taking the phone calls they come knocking on the door... and you need to answer because it might be opportunity

Or the mormons.. I say avoid answering the door at all costs.

Or the phone..

Or your email.

In fact, cover all your walls, windows and celing with foil, set up spot litghts in every corner and cover yourself in seran AND foil-Then and only then will you be safe!

don't forget to install motion detectors in your attic so that when the aliens come to transport you away the alarm will go off...

Thank you all for the advice, but I have enough people that I'm trying to avoid. I don't need to add those nice men in the clean white coats to the list!

weird...

Fynwei said:
No more of this Roman Empire Bull!

Well, our day names come from Old Norse/Germanic sources. Since English is a Germanic language maybe we should go with modern versions of their month names as well. Then again, most of the old names en with "-monath" (month) so that would be almost as bad as having all the "-embers" together at the end of the year.

What about the French month names that they came up with during the French revolution? These are a mouthful for non-French speakers, but they look nice.

The Republican calendar year began at the autumn equinox and had twelve months of 30 days each, which were given new names based on nature:
Autumn:
Vendémiaire (from Latin vindemia, "grape harvest") Starting Sept 22, 23 or 24
Brumaire (from French brume, "fog") Starting Oct 22, 23 or 24
Frimaire (From French frimas, "frost") Starting Nov 21, 22 or 23
Winter:
Nivôse (from Latin nivosus, "snow") Starting Dec 21, 22 or 23
Pluviôse (from Latin pluviosus, "rain") Starting Jan 20, 21 or 22
Ventôse (from Latin ventosus, "wind") Starting Feb 19, 20 or 21
Spring:
Germinal (from Latin germen, "germination") Starting Mar 20 or 21
Floréal (from Latin flos, "flowering") Starting Apr 20 or 21
Prairial (from French prairie, "pasture") Starting May 20 or 21
Summer:
Messidor (from Latin messis, "harvest") Starting Jun 19 or 20
Thermidor (or Fervidor) (from Greek thermos, "heat") Starting Jul 19 or 20
Fructidor (from Latin fructus, "fruit") Starting Aug 18 or 19

The month is divided into three décades or 'weeks' of ten days each, named simply:
primidi (first day)
duodi (second day)
tridi (third day)
quartidi (fourth day)
quintidi (fifth day)
sextidi (sixth day)
septidi (seventh day)
octidi (eighth day)
nonidi (ninth day)
décadi (tenth day)

More info on this system here

I actually really like the French naming system... it makes sense.
(a lot of people I know OOG would hurt me for saying that I like something the French did... oh well)

But we learned in French I,

Janvier
Fevrier
Mars
Avril
Mai
Juin
Julliet
Aout
Septembre
Octobre
Novembre