Market Day Goals

Alkalin3

Knight
All especially Squire Sorn,

It's going to be a busy market day. We intend to walk away victorious in several areas. I welcome help from any on the tasks laid out here. These are in the order I intend to get to them. If anyone has suggestions on a different priority, please comment here.

Summon Wand Ritual - I believe we have enough information to directly conjure the lightning wand from the prince. I'm sure this will upset him, and he'll probably come for blood. But, I'd rather face him with magic restored, then with it not. Mathis could cast this ritual but, I believe it'd be prudent to have a Celestial caster do this. Not many of my friends are strong in this school, so we may have to borrow a casters time. I'm in the process of procuring the scroll and catalyst. I should have it shortly.

Cast the Ritual to Save Magic - Kit has the scroll, we all have all the wands. Mathis is one of the most talented Formalist around, unless there's a reason he shouldn't, Mathis can cast this for us. Freeing the Elders but, more importantly returning balance to magic and the land.

Faldric Forest - The Chaos in the forest has gone on for too long. Last time I was there I should have cleared the entire forest out. This was my mistake. I intend to fix said mistake. We'll journey there, and remove any and all taint. We will not leave until it's done.

Visioning The Outcast - He's responsible for Faldric, and he's probably responsible for problems in Evendale. He'll continue to be a problem until he's dealt with, either killed or returned home. We need to start hunting him. We'll vision him, to get a better idea about his plans. Again, I'm not sure we have a caster.

Evendale - The elves have some kind of hidden chaos problem. Some kind of magical barrier prevented me from getting to the source. We'll need to destroy that barrier with formal magic likely. Then we can root out the problem. Hopefully assisting the elves will allow us to open diplomatic talks, and begin working towards an alliance like we developed with the Savage races.

Visiting the Gypsies - We need more purifies for going deep into Valdanis. Banradi fostered the beginnings of an alliance with them. They likely have needs, and perhaps we can solve some of them in an effort to strengthen that alliance.

Component Gathering for Fixing the Rage Lands: One of our newer companions has an interest in cleansing the rage lands. Raynn has provided information on gathering these components.

Valdanis - 3 Market days ago we pushed deep into Valdanis rooting out some of the Chaos. I'm going to bring an Eternal Forest Scroll with us, and we will push deeper again. Once we've made it far enough that the ritual will have a maximum effect we'll cast it.

I welcome any help people are willing to commit to in helping us accomplish these goals.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

Last edited:
I can supply the Vision very well. I need help with assisting the Evendale trouble.

Can anyone help me locate a Destroy Magic scroll and a handful of components to cast it with?

Zane

Zane: I'll bring components and coin if people have a scroll.
Residents of Valdanis: I am looking for a Limited Circle of Power Scroll to spellcraft. If you have such a scroll and are willing to allow me to make use of it, please send a messenger to me.

Mathis

To add in not that it requires action, but some non hostile action;

The dwarves from Ragnar are visiting and setting up a 'special' arena just outside of town. The dwarves of Ragnar are known slavers and having slaves fight in bloodpits. Unfortunately this was not my arrangement and we need to be good hosts. I believe the Squire Shiney and Squire Robert fight is suppose to be the main attraction. If interesting creatures are captured to fight in the arena, it would lessen the likely hood of slaves fighting the in the arena. I believe the King of Ragnar, King Ironfist, is suppose to visit as well to meet King Clous. King Ironfist has been an ally aiding in destroying the Reapers and providing resources.

One resource that our kingdom definitely needs stone and wood. If we hope to fortify and protect our kingdom, we dare not risk one of the few allies we have in this new world. We can work on culture change later, as we also cannot afford to be at war with the Barbarians and the Dwarves at the same time. I know their acts may be disgusting, if you find it offensive, I ask that you do not attend and avoid the dwarves.

I'm very grateful you provided that whole situation ahead of time. I certainly would have made a mess of things without prior knowledge.

Zane

All especially Squire Sorn,

It's going to be a busy market day. We intend to walk away victorious in several areas. I welcome help from any on the tasks laid out here. These are in the order I intend to get to them. If anyone has suggestions on a different priority, please comment here.

Summon Wand Ritual - I believe we have enough information to directly conjure the lightning wand from the prince. I'm sure this will upset him, and he'll probably come for blood. But, I'd rather face him with magic restored, then with it not. Mathis could cast this ritual but, I believe it'd be prudent to have a Celestial caster do this. Not many of my friends are strong in this school, so we may have to borrow a casters time. I'm in the process of procuring the scroll and catalyst. I should have it shortly.

Cast the Ritual to Save Magic - Kit has the scroll, we all have all the wands. Mathis is one of the most talented Formalist around, unless there's a reason he shouldn't, Mathis can cast this for us. Freeing the Elders but, more importantly returning balance to magic and the land.

Faldric Forest - The Chaos in the forest has gone on for too long. Last time I was there I should have cleared the entire forest out. This was my mistake. I intend to fix said mistake. We'll journey there, and remove any and all taint. We will not leave until it's done.

Visioning The Outcast - He's responsible for Faldric, and he's probably responsible for problems in Evendale. He'll continue to be a problem until he's dealt with, either killed or returned home. We need to start hunting him. We'll vision him, to get a better idea about his plans. Again, I'm not sure we have a caster.

Evendale - The elves have some kind of hidden chaos problem. Some kind of magical barrier prevented me from getting to the source. We'll need to destroy that barrier with formal magic likely. Then we can root out the problem. Hopefully assisting the elves will allow us to open diplomatic talks, and begin working towards an alliance like we developed with the Savage races.

Visiting the Gypsies - We need more purifies for going deep into Valdanis. Banradi fostered the beginnings of an alliance with them. They likely have needs, and perhaps we can solve some of them in an effort to strengthen that alliance.

Component Gathering for Fixing the Rage Lands: One of our newer companions has an interest in cleansing the rage lands. Raynn has provided information on gathering these components.

Valdanis - 3 Market days ago we pushed deep into Valdanis rooting out some of the Chaos. I'm going to bring an Eternal Forest Scroll with us, and we will push deeper again. Once we've made it far enough that the ritual will have a maximum effect we'll cast it.

I welcome any help people are willing to commit to in helping us accomplish these goals.

Link

Summon wand - what is the approximate difficulty? I am most likely able to cast it if needed.

Visioning the outcast. I can take care of this. Anything specific you are looking for?

Evendale. I will work on this, both with the vision and attempting to arrange a visit.

Not to say the others are not important, but these are the ones I will best be able to assist with.

~Ahlana

I can't really help with much of that I don't think, I will be glad to make a bunch of purifies a day though if that helps...

-Jehyu

I have a hard time with slavers. How many are they bringing? Can we just purchase all of them? If it's a fight for enjoyment, I'm sure they'd rather see adventurers duel instead of slaves.

Ahlana,
I've been to Evendale(at least I assume it was Evendale, I never actually asked the name). The elves were very welcoming to me. I'm sure that I could convince them to let others in. Not Taios likely. But, others.
Thank you for your offers of help. I'm sure I'll take advantage of some of them. If you know of a way to acquire more scrolls, I'm sure you've got many more contacts in the magical field then I do. Does that Mercer fellow sell that kind of stuff?

Jehyu,
You've got solid aim with your crossbow, you're welcome to join us even if you feel like you can't help.

Link

Rayne-
This is disturbing news. While I appreciate the delicate nature of the political situation perhaps it is time for the Kingdom to consider a better class of allies. If the Waymaker Stones function through the mists perhaps it would be possible to arrange trade between here and Dragonreach for the resources you require. I know there are some resources available in abundance in Dragonreach and the battle against Bleak has left Dragonreach in need of additional food.
I agree with Link it would be a much better "show" to see skilled adventures battle in the area than any slave, even trained slaves. Perhaps this can be arranged instead/in addition to fights against captured creatures.
On a related note, if this event is public knowledge it will be a prime target for enemies of your king and kingdom to cause trouble. Were the Dwarf King to be killed during such a meeting it would be very bad, I would make sure people are prepared for a surprise (it would also be a good time for the dwarves to attack if they were intent on betraying their earlier alliance)

Mathis

The situation with the dwarves was a necessary evil as part of a deal struck to empower one of the twelve wands. The burden, and blame, for this lies on the shoulders of Squire Neio and myself. We are solely responsible for this and, if necessary, will answer for our actions once magic is restored.

Squire Karstarke,

None of us are interested in punishing you. You certainly don't deserve it. All of us have made hard choices while adventuring. Instead let us be a resource in mitigating the harm done to the slaves. If I need to fight in an Arena so that a slave does not, I will gladly. I'm sure many others would as well. Besides, I believe fights against seasoned adventurers is much more of an interesting fight.

Since you've had dealings with the dwarves, will you kindly find out how much they will sell the entire stock they've brought with for? I'd be interested in freeing them, and then helping them find jobs as farmers, guards men, etc. If we are to return to our former glory, we'll need many abled body men and women.

Link

Link,
My plans run parallel to your own, and any help is welcomed. Should we end up fighting slaves, my intentions are to avoid killings altogether and I thank you.

Mathis;

I do not yet know if the Waymaker Stones work through the mists. I know Banradi was working on it, but I did follow it's progress. If it is, then that is a wonderful idea.

As to the dwarves as allies, I believe sometimes the evil you know is better then the evil you don't know. Even if we were to secure resources from Dragonreach, I still think it would be a folly to break our good relations with the Dwarves.

I like Link's idea, if adventurers are willing to enter. Though I believe some fights may be to the death.

However, the purchasing of slaves will likely get pricy. I believe the squires purchased ten, low grade slaves, for about 20G and to host this arena. If they bring any of they prized fighting slaves, they may go for more of a premium. While strong and able fighters are always wanted, bear in mind that some of these slaves might naught know of how to live outside the pits.

Lastly, I have took into consideration that the King or rather Kings could be exposed. The Vanguard will be present to ensure their safety. The most likely ally to run to upset greatly is the high orcs, as I am sure once they get wind of this event.

I have a hard time with slavers. How many are they bringing? Can we just purchase all of them? If it's a fight for enjoyment, I'm sure they'd rather see adventurers duel instead of slaves.

Ahlana,
I've been to Evendale(at least I assume it was Evendale, I never actually asked the name). The elves were very welcoming to me. I'm sure that I could convince them to let others in. Not Taios likely. But, others.
Thank you for your offers of help. I'm sure I'll take advantage of some of them. If you know of a way to acquire more scrolls, I'm sure you've got many more contacts in the magical field then I do. Does that Mercer fellow sell that kind of stuff?

Jehyu,
You've got solid aim with your crossbow, you're welcome to join us even if you feel like you can't help.

Link

I do believe Mercer will sell anything he can get his hands on.
I have not gone in search of my assorted contracts since the jump, so the availability of scrolls is almost nonexistent at the moment.
However, I have other ways of finding out just about anything. This takes time though. And again, my resources are not what they once were.

~Ahlana

The Feldrick forest is important for me, the other adventuring mystics and those Mystics stuck inside. I have to say that clearing the taint out is not the only thing that needs to be done. As the keeper of the Sacred Pool I have the knowledge on how to fix the woods but I will need the rest of the town to cooperate once we have all the pieces (we're only missing one). I am sorry to say that no ONE person can finish this as it needs to be done by those who already have provisions and know their roles and places.The rest of the town would be there as protection.

Unfortunately the ritual that needs to be performed must be performed by Mystics. I will be glad to expand on this and none of this is meant to upset anyone but I assure you that if there is one person to trust on matters of my Home Feldrick Forest, it is I, the one who gave a part of myself to save it before.

Eldandiril
Guardian of the Feldrick Forest.

El-
Thank you for providing us with this additional insight into the situation in the Feldrick Forest. Your expertise and assistance will save us the trouble of learning a solution that is already known. If you could further enlighten us as to what "piece" you still need to correct the issue, what ritual needs to be performed, and what cooperation is needed to correct the situation it would be helpful to our planning. Link has taken pains to gather a group of motivated allies and we do not want this opportunity to go to waste. If you have concerns regarding sharing information widely, please feel free to contact Link and/or I directly.
Clearly we all have the same goal here, so please, help us help you.

Travel safely,
Mathis

Sounds like a plan. What is this piece that is missing? Is there something that has to be collected before we head to the forest?

What constitutes a Mystic in these lands? It seems to be a term that has different meanings depending on where we travel.

You'll have the protection needed for a single, or otherwise, caster to get the purify ritual completed. Any information you have on the forest, the ritual, or what-have-you would be appreciated so that we are fully prepared for the fight.

Zane

However, the purchasing of slaves will likely get pricy. I believe the squires purchased ten, low grade slaves, for about 20G and to host this arena. If they bring any of they prized fighting slaves, they may go for more of a premium. While strong and able fighters are always wanted, bear in mind that some of these slaves might naught know of how to live outside the pits.

How pricey are we talking? Are there a lot of slaves or just the group they brought for what sounds like some kind of combat thing? I've....I've got some money that's saved, is it even legal to own slaves in these lands? I mean even if they aren't going to be very helpful to us, that doesn't mean they should just have to be left to fight to the death right?

-Jehyu

Back