Market Day Goals

Zo, I am fine vith freeing zlaves. I dislike slavery as a rule, vut the rammification ov freeing them needs to be thought ov. Vill there ve food, housing, vill they respond well to freedom. If ve are simply creating a band of thieves than discussino needz to be had. Not zaying vor one moment I vish them to remain zlaves but reminding all that it iz not az simple as "Be free little ones the world loves you and is a happy place"

Kit

Jehyu;

I cannot say for certain the price. All depends on the number of slaves and how much their masters wish to retain their services.

Then, there is supply and demand. This is two fold problem, as once slaves start getting bought, the price will go likely go up. The second part of this problem is that yes, we purchased and free slaves, their masters will seek new slaves to fill that void. Especially if they believe they have potential market partner. Though purchasing and freeing of slaves will likely curry respect from the Mystic Wood Elves, but you must take responsibility for any that you purchase to ensure they are integrated into our society. One does not purchased a rabid dog and put it in their home expecting it to be a faithful companion.

I wanna hit stuff with Link and Carstarke in the Arena.

Durk

Just out of curiosity, you think anyone will be betting against Durk in the arena that might be willing to make a bet with me?

-Jehyu

Mathis, Zane, and everyone,

First, I will thank you and all the rest of those who have offered to help with this important mission to save a whole race of people. Second, I will outline what needs to be done and what could possibly happen.

Since the outcast "fixed" the protection on the Feldrick forest for the Mystic Wood Elves that reside within, the chaos has been allowed to spread to create a barrier that separates the forest from the out side. Chaos catlike creatures roam freely and keep people out and keep residents in. The ones stuck inside are presumably running out of food after their hundred years of isolation. When we went in last market gather to find Sagitus's wand we cleaned three major pools and moved the salvation forward quite a bit. There was an old Mystic in the woods that told me what was needed for the ritual at the sacred pool and it is the same as it was 206 years ago when I did the protection ritual before. Items we need are: "a leaf of the greenest greenest green," "flowers of white," and the new chosen one. I have two out of three and we are missing the white flowers.

The ritual it self is not of formal magic and does not require a caster with formal to complete. The initiator will begin the ritual (which previously was my father Kismet and will now be myself) and help the chosen one to continue until they dissipate and become one with the forest for a brief period of time. When I did this I came back with a guardian weapon linked to me in the circle. This must be performed IN the Feldrick forest's sacred pool and since it was done incorrectly before I feel that those participating in the ritual itself wading in the pool should be of Mystic blood. To be clear, when I say "Mystic" I refer to the race of elves. Originally the forest would not allow non Mystic Elves into it without permission.

So here is what I have planned so far, and at this point I will remind everyone that I would love to call forth a meeting of the Mystic adventurers to make sure we are all on the same page. As I would not like to divulge the ritual out in the open.

The plan other than that, as I believe we may be performing this ritual under extreme duress, is to have as many people as are willing to protect us. I don't know what will come out to attack us beforehand, during, or after (although if it is anything like before, evil will be expelled from inside out very quickly and I don't know if other races will be pushed out as well.)

I have this feeling that I can get us as close as possible to the sacred pool if I muster and call forth my true name as guardian for rifting magic.

I know this will be dangerous and for all of this I am sorry. When the Mystics told me that the reason the ritual went bad 100 years ago was because of my absence, I can only hold myself responsible for fixing what these people have had to go through. And I vow that as long as I live I will come back every 100 years to make sure that the forest remains protected.

Again, I would like to meet with all Mystic Elves early Friday night to discuss the ritual, if you are not one of us but would like to participate from outside the pool please come meet with us.

I will not let my elder and great great great great great grandfather Sagitus down this market, that I can promise.

Eldandiril
Guardian of the feldrick forest and descendant of the First satyr.

El-

If I'm reading your message correctly:
  1. You need some special flowers. Do you know where to find said flowers?
  2. You have been selected as "Chosen One" by the forest, its residents, or some other power. Did this involve some special situation or can anyone volunteer? I ask just in case something should happen to you before we can complete the task.
  3. There is a ritual to be completed. As the Chosen One, do you need to initiate this ritual or can any one who knows the ritual get it started?
  4. The ritual must be performed in a particular place within the forest and those who are not of the Fae-touched cannot just walk to that area. I know that others, myself included, have gotten into the forest without walking directly in. Can we get a Contract so we can bring additional protection to the area?
  5. Once the ritual begins there is likely to be opposition that must be held off until the Chosen One completes their role in the process.
You repeatedly mention things that occurred in the past, including failed attempts to protect the forest and the involvement of your ancestors.
Am I correct in believing that:
  • the forest once had protection, provided through your father's actions;
  • lost that protection at some point (possibly due to the events surrounding the World Dragon's actions);
  • the Fae-touched who live within the forest failed to preform the ritual properly to regain the protection;
  • due to this failure the Fae-touched accepted the assistance of Outcast (which of course turned out to be a terrible choice);
  • bringing us to the present when adventurers have managed to substantially weaken the chaos in the forest to the point where we can reestablish the protection that once existed; thus
  • finally freeing the Fae-touched to move about the lands and not die of starvation?
It seems like this is completely achievable, thank you for sharing the information so we can be of the greatest assistance.

Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

p.s. I like lists and bullet points

I think I might be able to help clear up a few of the questions surrounding the protection ritual:
1. I would imagine they would be somewhere in the Faldric Forest, as that is where we found the leaf of the greenest green, and it makes sense to have plants from the forest itself as reagents of sorts for the ritual created to protect it. Am I right in this, Elle?
2. When we went into the forest on the last market day, we were told that for one reason or another, Elle's days as the Chosen One are coming to an end, and this time around there needs to be a new Chosen One. Only a Mystic Wood Elf can be the Chosen One. It would be silly if, say, a dwarf were the Chosen One who protected the homelands of the Mystic Wood Elves, would it not? So, at the last market day, after leaving the forest, Eldandiril gathered all the Mystic Wood Elves present at the time to figure out who the next Chosen One will be. It does seem to be on a volunteer basis, but it MUST be a Mystic Wood Elf. All but one of the Mystics present were either not born Mystic Wood Elves(being born a Mystic Wood Elf seems to give one's spirit a closer connection to the Faldric Forest) or have some strange thing happening inside their body/spirit, and that one Mystic that seemed the most eligible was me. So, when we do enter the forest, please protect me in particular(and Eldandiril for that matter), as I'm not very strong. I'm an earth caster and an alchemist, so I will be able to heal you at least enough to get you back on your feet, and thanks to Elle's ongoing "earth sickness" as I've heard it called, she'll be able to heal our protectors as well.
3. Again, I believe this ritual is to be done only by Mystic Wood Elves. Elle is ideally going to start the ritual, since she's been the Chosen One up to this point and knows exactly what to do, but as she said, she's going to sit down with all the Mystic Wood Elves that show up and explain how the ritual is done, just in case something does happen to her.
4.Since Eldandiril is still the chosen one, she should be more than capable of allowing everyone into the forest. She did it last market day, there is no reason she should not be able to do it again.
5. Yes, that seems to be the case. I'm sure the Mystic Wood Elves will be grateful to all who help protect us while we perform the ritual.

I hope this information is helpful, I'll see you all tomorrow evening.

Back