May 26th Favorites.

Lots of favorites from this weekend- thanks to PCs and NPCs alike.

But got to give a special shout out to my top few moments.

-Fixing the AntiMagic Zone Mod....
Me: By going on this mod you are accepting the Annihilate effect (9 deaths)
PCs: Odd grins, hard swallows, and far away looks- long pause- "Ok"

Friday night when my stone elf caster prepped for another mod- "Why is my caster a butterfly"

The Phoenix - Stoba you where born for that role and army crawling PCs.

Prop Monsters working as hoped! Big shout out to Nathan and Carrie for their hard work on the Ettin and big Shout out to SOMI's plot team for stepping in when my initial dragon prop failed to take off and let me borrow their's

Best Flubbed call moment had to be on the attunement mod: Prepare to Die Shatter Spirit- Asura and I looked at each other and immediately said that's not right- don't take that.

All things Jarl Jarlson!

And big props for some monumental rp related to the Tower and its rammifications across certain PCs...and got to love Jenn P's creepy open eye death stare for the permed kid!

So much more! But so little my brain can focus on! The suffering is real and its Wednesday lol

Last edited:
This was my second LARP event ever. 3 day events are rewarding and grueling! From a newbie NPC perspective:

-Most of all, thanks to Rob, other Nate B, Tristin, and the rest of the NPCs for showing me the ropes! I appreciate the latitude I was given with my mealtime and hook characters! Seen a few of them pop up as favorites already, which feels wonderfully rewarding! Thank you guys!

-Equally emphatically, thanks to all you PCs who, even in the heat of hard line battle, would pause a moment and tell me how much damage or the effect different abilities caused. Seriously, you all were wonderful to play with, the Chicago player group has a supportive and positive culture, and I look forward to playing with you guys again sometime this summer!

-My Farmer NPC getting a big emotional hug from Saro after he gave her group his dead wife's (magical!) wedding band as a bonus reward for clearing his fields. (Also, playing tag while waiting 10 minutes for paranoia to wear off, heehee!)

-The Adventurer's Club (We're gonna kill vampires!)

-Patrick Deadeye and the Kazook (Kazeek? Kaziik? Kazuuk?) Slayers, and Binks' assistance.

-Eggbert the eggplant. (It wasn't poison, Migs, geeez! :p)

-The goblins "I've got a Ternian(sp?) bomb!" *PCs all freeze in terror*
"He's got a bigger stick! He's the new boss!"

-WAAAAAAKIEKKA!!! (over and over and over, you really enjoyed yelling that, didn't you Rob?)

-The dragon reps and the ettin reps

-Joseph's shop, and his blackjack table (Tiggo Thorngaggle II will be back!)

-THIS IS A RAID!

-The giant bee mod, soooo much sugar! The music and the performances were a wonderful little interlude to the fighting. Thanks for letting me experience that!

-Chatting with all the other NPCs between rounds. Learning what to bring to step up my quality of life game from the Michigan crew. CHAIR! Chair was so comfy!

Last edited:
A few faves
First of all, I wasn't sure if I was going to stay at the event being sick Friday night and borderline sick a lot of Saturday but boy am I glad I decided to stay.

Prop monsters are always awesome.

Getting to know Sam better.

Grief roleplay following the tower

Going 1 on 1 with the eyeballs

All kinds of roleplay with people we hardly ever associate with

Squire meeting and learning about honor and duty. Very eye opening.

Finally getting to demonstrate my true skill... sneaking.

Dont's race change ritual (I was a nervous wreck) and conversation afterward with Gnot about ways to gain confidence as a ritual caster.

Nahani as a High Ogre and him listening to me even less than usual...

The feeling of impending doom while trying to plan how to end the war.

Oh yeah! Post eyeball slightly dissapointing wine.

Aside from thanks to plot, the npcs, and the pcs I hardly know where to start with this one. First off great job everyone it was a long weekend but we powered through.
1) RP in general was amazing this event, everyone hit their stride. Lets keep this going!
2) Getting to use Billiums shovel for real things!
3) The prop monster and the fights. It was nice to rally after a major defeat.
4) The look of pain in my face learning that we needed another phoenix feather.
5) Also the phoenix.
6) Helping Yaso rez, I was worried he wouldn't accept.
7) Keeper's face after I spell parried the race change, he was very relieved.
8) Debating ideas for killing a hearthguard "These plans keep getting worse..."
9) 3 a.m. cryptic notes, clearly Rorik is a necromancer....or the messenger got eaten by the undead that were just trying to eat us...
10) The amount of support for the defense of Storm's Rose, never seen a group of adventures be so ready so fast.
11) Beekin are always amazing.
12) Evisceration with a shovel, just scooped 'em out...
13) All the visiting people, please come back!

Again thanks to everyone involved it was a great weekend!

Back