May Event Favorites

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
Please post your favorites from the Tourney event here!

Wow 75 people looked and no one commented.. on here I go... These are my favorites in no particular order. There will be alot.

1. My team.. wow guys and gals. Very bad ***. Just amazing
2. killing trolls with a dwarven king.. thats a chck off grim's bucket list.
3. Discussing magical theory with the king and his surpise grim knew he was talking about stuff.
4. forge roleplay.. imma geek.
5. BEER PONG MOD ALL DAY EVERY DAY YES MAKE IT SO
6. Vanguard Cabin Shenanigans
7. Seeing perdy Girls at the ball
8. the tourney and the teamwork with our group and friends.
9. Hanging with the stormblade guys,
10. Gunty's knee..
11. Derp thirty silliness.

there's a ton more but im suffering from Larp Hangover. Thanks for everything PLot, NPC's and Pc's guys thios year has been epic.

Kyle/Grim

I'll definitely be posting my favorites......

I had to get up at 4:30 am today for a flight, so I haven't had time to recover yet!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

I'm happy to report only the slightest LARP hangover. Here are my favorites!

--- THANK YOU NPC's! Every one of you makes the game so so so much better. Thank you for taking repeated beatings and being amazing and upbeat the whole time. I'll come darkside with you one day.

--- Growing Leaves in Places They've Never Been Before: A Dryad's Guide to Puberty

--- All of the top ten lists and entertainments actually. Everyone was in high spirits and showing awesome sportsmanship for what I thought was going to be a cutthroat tournament. High fives all around :thumbsup:

--- "Guys I found a hole!"
"BALLS! WE NEED TO GO LOOK AT A HOLE!"

--- The final battle. In the very very very short lull between waves, I was watching His Majesty make with the landbond magicky stuff. Watching Toddo and listening to him actually chant and be completely serene as the world is falling apart around him, that was a phenomenal moment for me IC. Our King is awesome even though he has overdue library books.

--- Dwarves. Dwarves everywhere. SO MUCH BEARD! Tinder especially for taking me up not once but twice on my fast chug challenge. I choked on the water the first time. Someone remind Trevor that though I am in the military, I am not in his military! :D

--- Going out into the battlefield to hold my own memorial for Loken. Became a candle light vigil since I couldn't read what I wrote out there in the dark.

--- That crypt. Oh how I HATE THAT CRYPT. Learning to fight only shield style was brutal.

--- I HATE RATS! Though challenging one to a sumo-squeak off was awesome.
"*deepvoice*SQUEAKKKKKKKKK" - "That is one BIG rat"

--- Seeing T and not having any idea of what to say to him. I was horrendously scared to even be in his way.

---Thessi Gryphons. Going hunting for dinner with Chef Gryphon.

--- I am the best f'in storyteller ever. Just ask those human children.

--- New Character Class - Battlefield Masseuse.

--- Jumping in the dance with the Elf. Only to have Ithica show me up hardcore. Note: Real men wear kilts (or kilt like things) and dance without shame in front of an entire town of adventurers.

That's all I've got for now. So much amazingness in one weekend. Thanks to everyone who was a part of it!

This may have been the single most emotional event of my career. Ezri is now convinced tournament is jinxed for Nordenn and Ash Forest.

-It's weird to call Daralassia perming a "favorite" since of course Ezri was sad, but it was memorable nonetheless. The insanely intense role play was amazing, including the king requesting that she be buried with his sword. Very touching gesture Toddo.

-The peanut gallery in the pavilion with Gabriel and Mouse. A thousand blessings for bringing that Kathy!

-Speaking of Mouse, girly talk about what to wear to the ball, since Grim was trying to set her up with the king!

-Discovering a new angle to the Hate rp

-Sornelention kicking butt in archery, and much busting of Khorwyn's chops.

-New court members. Yay!

-Hearing from Sir Nevin that Ezri's got the right stuff. Wow.

-Wild Camp! The place is amazing, and the late night fire circle was a balm for my wounded soul, in game and out.

-Impressing the king (I think) and somehow managing to delegate UP the peerage chain of command with the strategic distribution of the towers.

-The color coded energy ball fight. Good clean fights and fun times figuring out what they all do.

Ok more..

NPCS!! Getting face time with the king.. almost setting him up with a date before Gabirle ended up depressing the king talking bout his wife.. way to block man. mouse woulda gotten some action!

Sincerely feeling awesome when npc ducal soldiers or townspeople recognized the group. I know we are big on making this stuff personal and the teams big on rp. this adds alot for all of us. Adds more for us and gives us even more of a reason to fight for them.

Flint pulling a rabbit out of his ***... it happens often and it smells like rozes... or Gunty..

Ferra being the calm center of the bearded dwarven storm. I effing love playing with you Lana.. like.. woa.

Alda finally getting some "tree time" she;s been around so much metal and strife im igging her getting a chance to be a hippy for a while.

Flint getting some closure with the duke. much needed.

Telling the "axe of seven falls story" and every beard in the room being rapt.

Hanging with nuheran and kinda nudging him where he needs it.

"Prick"

drunk ulthoc

Grim having no luck with dates at the ball

Favorites:

- Hanging with the Baron and some times even the Squire.

- Team work with Mouse on assignments and realizing that we are getting very good at this overwatch business

- Did I mention old timers moments with team mates.

- Watching the archer out backpedal the gryphon running forward.

- Hanging out at Elf Camp...and being invited to go (We humans end up everywhere!!!)

- Looting the Baronial Treasury...auction at 6! ;)

- Watching Melissa and the player formerly known as Gerggor be champs!

- Plotting to NPC the next event, evil plans activate!!

- Getting to play with Scott, and a few very complimentary words from him after the fact.

Oh, and finally 5-0...going for 10!! :p

---Downside

Where there was this really huge Celestial Templar who was gonna be fun to hang with and learn from but some stupid trolls went and stabbed her! Still love ya even when you're gone! Hey, the players never (have to) change....

Joe S.

Noelle and I had an amazing time, she's right now looking for horns and ears and desperately wants to roll out a PC. I want to thank everyone who helped her out, fought against her and gave her pointers and generally gave her the typical warm Alliance welcome that you guys normally show to new players.

My favorites-
NPC camp goodness. I forgot how fun NPCing could be. Collin, Mike and Tom had a great weekend mapped out and I was definitely never one to find myself with a lack of something to do.

Meeting new, yet old players. Saturday night just talking about why we LARP, our favorite moments in game, and just talking about the game in general.

It brought me back a few years to when I just started oh so long ago. Got to make Collin and Scott feel old, they did both give me the combat rundown when I first started.

Rat grinder goodness. Chris it was a pleasure fighting along side you. Folks that went on the rat grinder, it was a pleasure fighting against you. SQUEAK!

"10 death, 10 death, 10 death..." Nothing like dropping a PC who thought he had it on his own, and then slinking back into the darkness.

Galanthian scouts, stealthy goodness for the most part, For the Emperor!

Random shower chats, even if the water was cold, still felt good to just BS and get clean after being out in that sun all day.

Hearing a little bit of my wake, I had just returned to NPC camp and I heard parts of a discussion in the healers guild only to find out later the story I heard and recognized was that of my own character. I wish I had thrown on a white headband and ran over.

Speaking of wake, candle light vigil? Dave, you rock. Seeing those feathers was amazing.

Thardik fun at the games. Shame we got kicked out, we could have played a spoiler roll in who won the overall games. It was nice to play a sort of snob and the roleplay involved with it.

Great job to the teams during the 3 on 3, I kinda wondered if we would take it all, would have been really great to see the crowd reaction to that.

Finally, can we get the teams to submit the top ten lists to the newspaper? Those of us in NPC camp quieted down and heard a few but someone got a good idea to have them listed because what we did hear was funny and want to read up on everything.

I can wait to darkside in June, and Noelle has already put in a request for time off for June and July events. Always fun times.

Edited because hell my brain just remembered a bunch of stuff.

A few more...

-Confused rats... what the squeak?

-I think there is an unwritten contest between Ezri and Alda on who can collect more dryads...

-Angry kitchen antics with Rorii, and Mouse trying to keep either of us from doing stupid things with real knives...

-Drum circle at the ball. Now if only the skin on my drum wasn't dead. Emily's awesome dancing (have I mentioned I miss Bellydance)

-Roleplay with Drak, both fun and serious.

-(This one is just for Danny) tacos...

Ezri said:
-I think there is an unwritten contest between Ezri and Alda on who can collect more dryads...

The results don't matter - they are all Mouse's anyhow... :thumbsup:

OK - here're some of my favs....

- NPC's - Yay you guys!!

- All the help with getting my ridiculous amount of stuff from the truck to the absolute farthest possible cabin. Thanks everyone who lugged for me! Special thanks to Swifteagle of the many long names :p for convincing me to bring down the pavilion Sat. morning after all. Definitely the wisest move of the weekend!

- Team bonding moments. Because of everything going on (and I do mean everything - grief, ooze-driven hate, tournament activities, oh my!) the bonding seemed to be almost in snatches but in some weird way, I think it came out better. Except, of course, for the BGHoND (Big Gaping Hole of No Darlassia). I'm sorry that we won't get to know each other, I think Mouse would have really liked her. However, since there's a new dryad in town, Melissa ends up being one of Mouse's after all, so I'm ok with that. :thumbsup:

- Good people to calm me the f down when needed. Thanks Joe and Michelle, you helped save something, and I really appreciate it.

- Simon and Mouse's natural sync when it comes to taking care of the angry ones. It's a good thing those emotional elves have us practical humans around!

- Ezri and Mouse's natural sync when it comes to just about everything. And pretty much Michelle and Kathy's too. It's awesome having a "partner" in this game. I think my favorite moment of the weekend was shooting a few rounds on the archery field Sunday morning. A great mix of IG and OOG doing something that I haven't done in a long time. (Finding out that I didn't totally suck at it was pretty nice too!) Extra bonus - through Ezri, I kinda get my original partner (Danny) back too.

- Having a husband who understands the need for me to get back into doing this and dealing with the rug rats all weekend so I can escape.

Favs

Cool event, i must admit it started a bit rough for me. You try to keep stuff ic, but sometimes it just takes a toll. It all came together and was awesome.

FAVs.

Playing for Team Blythedale! THE DUCHY OF BLYTHEDALE!

All my Blythedale team and friends, and having Drifa and Leona on the team was great!

Watching "For Gregor" during the tourney, from flags flying, to Luka being so funny during combat, to Rens top 10.

Playing chess, and beating Ket in 3 moves.. only to lose to him and declaring him town chess champ, did you beat the king?

Minor RP with Swift eagle, really enjoyed watching you shoot and "kite" peeps during the 3 man. Enjoyed the minor RP we got in.

Seeing Chris again! cant wait for Cuar

I really enjoyed the ball, all the outfits and entertainment.

All things Vanguard, i love you all.

Great RP with the Thessi Envoy.

Great RP with Baron Drake and seeing him kinda lose his ****! It was funny Saturday morning. Sir Eros "Baron Drake just re- Squire him, ill sanction and support it" lol

Watching Norden Team barbarian top 10 list was the absolute best top 10 ever IMO.

Gypsy drum cricle.

My man Flint/ Justin.. i love you bud!

Our awesome GM Brian Wittman thank you thank you thank you for your hard work.

thanks to the NPC's as well.

also thanks to Blythedale team for working so hard on the song.. hey we enjoyed doing it and rehearsing.

"did we just lose to a f&%ckin guy standing as a tree" ( no offense to said guy doing the tree part)

Daves awesome Dog. KoKo!," dont call it koko toddy", Danny said, "it needs to learn its own name, Lucy".... the dogs name was Julie... Shannagins in the cabin :)

Dancing with emily (?) the belly dancer. I gotta say our slow motion mirror part was pretty sexy /hot.

Just being a pest to the waitress in the tavern!

Good Tavern food.

Not really a fav that Darlassia died, but sitting by her corpse in the room for a good 20 minutes and doing my best to RP it and "let her go emotionally"

All things Drak, Drifa, Agrippa, Leona, Susie.. hanging in the woods by the tree house :)

Having the King remember the talk Ithica had with him way back before he became king. Broomis saying he remembered almost brought a tear to my eye.

And of coarse Ithica Vs. ulthoc, i must admit it was not very fun at first and took a toll on a lot of people, but it feel a bit good friday night when the argument broke out after the trolls attacked, the people standing beside or prepared to stand behind Ithica should something had gone differently.

Doing my best to play Ithica to the T, and in result losing the red belt, and then losing/refusing it 3 more times as it was offered back. But you gotta play the way your gonna play.

Being offered the Royal position by the King.

Taking out Sir Bryce's white belt and offering it back to the NPC Nobles, and watching there faces to see i had it.

During the ball, after the King made the formal announcement of the Royal position. hugging Ulthoc... the reaction of everyone cheering to see the re-uniting of friendship. It was something to see the place erupt in cheers and again made you realize how many people knew what was going on or were involved if things had gone differently.

and a good Fav was Sir Eros, "I was on your side Ithica"... who said he was a bad guy!

I know there is more!

-Toddy

So many favorites where to start?

-First Gregor dying (not the favorite part) but his death letting Ruis temper being shown later when she screamed at Nuheran
-The on-going trend of having to drag Huleen back to the tavern for a Life spell continues...
-Bunking with most of the Vanguard this weekend...So much nonsense. Waking up in the wall and snoring (thank you Bonito and Joe)
-Meeting Natalia by having her freaking out over Gregor's death ("And I'm supposed to learn from her?")
-rainbow flower from Gregor....So much sadness... Then not letting anyone near it.
-the last minute thrown-together team of Nordenn/Ash Forest
-The tourney race
-So much battle medic talk with Natalia and Ezri, so excited to have teachers
-Elf Ket. This guy right here made my freaking weekend. "Elf boy who carries my stuff!"
-Thessi and Ruis getting confused over them being so nice when everyone warned her they were jerks
-High orge torment with aura, being egged on by Balls, and then looking down and seeing Chris (?) had gotten loss: "I can outrun everyone here."
-Being ganged up on by Mouse and Grim and made to drink an Enslavement Antidote because Ruis liked to talk to the chef-hat Thessi
-Forest mod with all girls and might-happenings for Ruis
-Going to the Ball with Tinder and all the gifts the dwarves gave Ruis. You guys are absolutely amazing
-Meeting Sir Nevin Kendrik
-Teaching Huleen to dance on the balcony, where no one was supposed to see and getting starred at anyways (THANK YOU YURI AND NUHERAN)
-The necromantic bunnies stole my date from me...
-waking up to find out Grim nailed a boot to the cabin wall..? (Stupid fishing)
-Going with Natalia and talking to the Thessi
-Top Ten List of Nordenn. Ruis didn't know to die of laughter or embarrassment...
-Ruis joking around and saying she might have joined the wrong court because she was bribed with shade and drinks by the Vanguard
-So many OOG hugs for Scott because they were completely necessary all the time.

I think that's it but as per usual this event was awesome and I can't wait until the next one! Thank you NPCs and everyone who set this up!

Okay folks I know many of the things here will be sad in game but they were my out of game favorites....

First and foremost is the death of Dame Darlissa. So much I would have liked to talk and learn from her, yet alas all Lennox got was a name and an introduction to her. Then quickly followed by finding out that Gregor(sorry for bad spelling here) had died at about the same time. And then the next Thing Lennox knows is he is getting a pouch from Ezri with things in it. Made by and filled by Darlissa, but he would not learn all the details till at her memorial.

Okay now on to the more cheerful ones.

Folks, you made me and nicole both swell with happiness as you all have appreciated the food we made for you all. I have never had any one person tell me my food was that good, let alone 60- people. Thank you all, now I know the last 14 years working in the restaurant business did not go to waste. May I get to cook another event or at least assist in the future with the cooking.

Joining the ash forest court. Lennox started to doubt himself and still has a bit of a question in the back of his mind, but oog I never saw him doing that, it was something that after darlissa's death he felt the need to join and be a part of them. The closeness of them all made me feel good in and out of game.

The tournament overall. Just the whole thing was amazing.

The memorial down by the fireside. IT is amazing how someone I knew nothing about ig could make me cry so much in game. I know it felt like, at least to me, the stories we all told down there, well most of us, made us all a little closer to each other. Lennox is feeling truely a part of the town.

On an oog note I want to say thank you to everyone. You guys have made me and nicole not want to leave an event and then when we do get home we look so forward to the next one. We are counting the days till we will be back at HQ, but alas we are wanting to experience another chapter, and with only having funds for one larp a month we are debating on weather to go to hq or to crossroads next month. We will see later.

I do not think I will continue as I think if I did I would list everything I took part in this weekend. I mean I could go on and on. Every event, yes I know I have only been to two events, but every event I come to makes the top ten list of larp events. I can not think of any one moment that sticks out as bad other than the stress of serving dinner, but that was my own doing, so not really bad on the event, just bad on me.

Guys see you all soon, and stay safe till next month.

Damn, what an event. So much craziness and awesomeness, and sometimes it was difficult to tell the two apart.

1: Gregor dying. Bad way to start the event, but it let me rp being an angry Huleen and I think I freaked a few people out with it. Also gave him a burning passion to kill trolls.

2: Everything about the the tournament. I am so glad that we were able to throw a team together, and I loved playing with all of my teammates. Guys, we may not have won the whole event, but we were freaking kickass when it mattered. Special mention to Swifteagle and Lennox for being crazy fast and great with a bow. I didn't really know you guys before this event, but I hope to interact more with you guys in the future. Well done to all the other teams as well. You all did great jobs and I can't wait until the next tournament.

3: Top 10 list. I have never tried not to laugh so hard in my life. Thank you Tracy for being awesome.

4: Aura battles. Having people figuring out what each color did and then shouting it to everyone was really cool.

5: Galanthian scouts. Fighting off the first group, turning to go to bed, then getting jumped by a second group alone. Why won't you just let me sleep?!

6: Howlbear hunting mod. Great time in the woods with Kantil, Lennox, and the chef Thessi and coming to respect and to a degree like the Thessi. He couldn't understand why people were hating on them the whole time.

7: Interacting with other wilderkin. I was finally able to use my Scent ability! Which led to several times later begin called over by Ulthac to smell something and see if it was tainted.

8: The ball. Yuri must have worked for a good half hour to convince Huleen that it was alright to dance. Thanks for setting up the balcony for us, that was really great.

9: Necromantic rabbits + the ability to throw Arcane Fear = an awesome time.

10: Getting my colors and position at Nordenn. Words cannot describe how happy I am that I am finally officially part of the court. Thank you guys, it means so much to me.

11: Using the king's staff in the final battle: As if joining Nordenn wasn't enough, having the king hand me his staff and saying that I should us it during the battle blew my mind. Thank you so much Toddo for doing that. You made my life.

This weekend was awesome!!!

First, a huge IG (and OOG) thank you to all the Romani (and their players), especially Rom-Ket (and Kevin) for essentially showering Elf-Ket with goodies (and for letting me borrow physreps galore)!

Favorites:
- Being taught 4th circle celestial by Ren, awesome RP! I don't really meditate so this was new for me IG and OOG.
- "Hey, Ket!" "Yes?" "Wait, what? You're Dmitri!" "No, he's Ket." "I'm Ket!" "What?" "My name is Ket." "That's his name too." ... that happened like 5 times and was more and more (IG) exasperating every time. Khorwyn: "I'm just gonna start calling everyone Ket!"
- Tournament!!! I especially enjoyed the race and how Ithica roleplayed his tumble, and also 3-man. I'm glad my antics were amusing; I was just trying to keep my elf *** alive!
- Getting a fair maiden's favor </blush>
- Being taken aback that the Baron of Blythedale noticed me on the battlefield and was so impressed he gave me twenty Seriously Vorpal-Coated arrows! That really made me feel special; it's good to know that a newbie's efforts are appreciated.
- Enjoying the Ball and downing an Intoxicate to spice things up... and make a fool of myself.
- Ruis! Little tree friend! <3
- Getting me some nature time in the woods with Derek and Drak and the rest of the group. Now made with real OOG mountain lion!
- All of the top ten lists were hilarious, especially Nordenn's! :D

And many more that temporarily escape my memory! This weekend was so fun!!!

mguarino said:
- Getting me some nature time in the woods with Derek and Drak and the rest of the group. Now made with real OOG mountain lion!

Yea... pretty sure that if that was 'late' Saturday night that was me... :twisted: lol

Dreamingfurther said:
mguarino said:

Yea... pretty sure that if that was 'late' Saturday night that was me... :twisted: lol

Were you crashing through the brush and hissing? I think my wife can differentiate human noises and true animal noises.

It was likely just a deer however.

Scott

Duke Frost said:
Dreamingfurther said:
mguarino said:

Were you crashing through the brush and hissing? I think my wife can differentiate human noises and true animal noises.

It was likely just a deer however.

Scott

Yes to the crashing and the hissing, (I was making a lot of odd noises) and I specifically remember hearing your wife say 'Oh ****' and run away...

Sorry for the OOG scare! :zonks:

Dreamingfurther said:
Yes to the crashing and the hissing, (I was making a lot of odd noises) and I specifically remember hearing your wife say 'Oh ****' and run away...

Sorry for the OOG scare! :zonks:

She will be embarassed to hear this.

Scott

So after scaring the poop out of us OOG, is there a particular reason you didn't reveal yourself as NOT an actual predatory animal?

Back