may event favorites

Ok I got more..

Squire Kalani and the spider stomping squad
Irini and larien and Perry's mod!
Auger.. Need more rp time

The blacksmithing rune rituals. Seriously effing awesome.. Also bro time with Luke's dwarf and the geek out that ensued. Plus he's a better smith then grim!

Roleplay with Joshua.. And no I don't want to push the shiny button.. I want to find out what it does .

Gilded claw.

Seeing Dominic wreck face

Not royally effing up.

Watching Justin and Aaron improve their youth.

Obediah. Grins only really heard stories and met the guy once. After all the stuff he's been through he still belt to grim when he saw him. Not sure if you heard grim almost whisper " you will never have to kneel to me.". Was a surprisingly powerful moment.

Thanks everyone for a great event. And new guy who played the younger warbeard. Great rp man.

Hey guys! Great times were had by a fellow named me. Here are a few of them!

#1. Near. Constant. Combat. Seriously, it felt like the NPC's just didn't quit, and it really kept the pace of the event moving along. Thank you to all of the sword fodder that kept pouring out of NPC camp! :)
#2. Getting to hand out the Ashbury Military Handbook to all present soldiers. It seemed like they were really well received! In fact, I even got corrected the next morning by Sergeant Flint, who had to remind ME how to appropriately perform the salute...that I designed. (facepalm)
#3. Leading the adventurers in the wave battle on the first night. Perhaps I'm just imagining things, but it seemed like most people followed my commands, which was a neat feeling.
#4. Promoting Blythedale Kid (cough) I mean Dominic, to Man at Arms. He's been working hard to earn rank, and is consistently a wonderful member of the team. Congrats, man!
#5. Smokey Lightboots! In case you didn't know, I love playing NPC characters, no matter how briefly. I love entertaining you guys, so I snatched up the chance to play the dwarven scout hook, gave him a goofy voice, and off I went. I'm glad those of you who I encountered enjoyed him. And for the rest of you, well, "I betcha didn't know I was behind yah. Didja? Heh heh heh..."

Cheers, and see you guys in Falkirk next month! :)

Wow. This event was truly epic! Thank you Alliance Ashbury staff and NPCs for all your hard work to make this so much fun! Tom Haswell wrote a great event! Donna generally managed the hell out of it! Collin plotted hard...real hard. Tom Wilson ran a great desk! Josh crushed it at logistics! Bill made POTATOES! Steak too, but POTATOES. Sean made some Dad-Faces so we wouldn't kill eachother for realsies.

-NPCs! Collin and Tracy as the Boulderback family were THE BEST. They performed precisely how I imagined these characters would act, and now they have real life awesome faces! Thank you both for some really great roleplay and immersion.

-Graven in the mines with Fokey (Dave's Dwarf whose name I just slaughtered) being all paranoid and hopped up on cave fungus haha. That was so super badass.

-Returning from begin a POW - RP with Alda while I got suited up. Being heralded by Ket, and taking field command.

-Mad libbing with Tinder. Bonito is my brother from another mother, and he makes the best in-game twin. During idle times and circles of stories we would come up with things regarding Stonehollow ecology to add flavor. So now we've created a new creature, and a really stanky delicacy. I think it's a testament to us that we are consistently confused by the adventuring community both in and out of game haha!

-Talking to Chulainn about days past. That was a cool bit of one on one. Then, later, asking Prolon to backpack Chulainn. HAHA. Later in character and completely natually I was like "Oh no. What did I do?" ... "Oh wait, nah, that was good! They'll, uh, learn somethin."

-Discussing Military advancement with Korwyn. Dave made super sick looking pamphlets about in-game military service/advancement requirements with the help of Robb Graves! They look awesome; thank you guys! Promoting some folks was awesome as well.

-Rolling with the Vanguard is always a pleasure. Each of you brings your own unique brand of awesome to the table. This weekend was very trying emotionally, and without your support my character would not be so resolute.

-Some all-too fleeting, but very cool RP moments with Quallin. In the field and then at the end of the weekend right before the Choice.

-Seeing Obadiah again. Talk about heart-wrenching! I had to leave the room and completely lose it for a minute. Irina stood by me...which is meaningful I think for her and my character's friendship. He would have told almost anybody else that he needed a moment alone. After Bill and Alex had super cool psychic rp we got down to catchin' up. As the tears and sobs turned to sniffles and smiles - it sort of felt like a few years ago. It was really good. My favorite moment was Obi asking me softly for a sword. Of course I'm going to give my brother-in-arms who's been held captive for 2 1/2 years a swo...oh no. And that's when I witnessed the Spanking of Castlebur. There is no shame. I was proud. Then Ferra and I whisked Obi away gracefully as if nothing had happened, "MJ Style" as Sean would later describe the sitch.

-Watching Scotty as Castlebur deal with the dicks that are his family, and his epic sacrifice to create the artiface that would be their end. Eff yeah.

-The Trial of Ruis. What? No, not that kind of trial. The kind a Dwarf Mom puts her would-be daughter-in-law (eh, eh?) through because it's fun. Ruis was BA all weekend.

-All Things Kyle Spriggle. He adds so much to the game with his great rp and representation of Grim. Your character is shaping up to be a really great Noble, man.

-Donna's Dwarf A.I. was so freaking cool. I love the concept. The prop looked really, really cool!

-The Choice. So it becomes apparent that Stonehollow, and the rest of the mysterious cavern system it resides in, will be destroyed if the fragment of the landbond that is settled there is removed. However, if the Duke does not reassemble the bond within him in six months he will die. The consequences of that for the realm are far reaching to put it mildly. So here I am: a Dwarf who left is nation to swear allegiance to the people that saved it. Now, I am faced with their preservation versus the complete destruction of a Home they helped liberate. How cool is that?! These stories intertwine so beautifully and dramatically. I walked out of the mod space to inform the assembled adventurers what's up. There was a lot of "it's not your choice to make!" shouts, and I was all like "Yeah, I know!". Then I walked back in the mod space and Duke Kendrick is like "Flint, it's your choice to make.".....COME ON. UGH. It was great, and Tracy was great again because she was super amazing and great all weekend.

It took me a long time to process this weekend. I really didn't want to stop being Flint when it was over. I call that a win.

Thank you all!

Last edited:
Oh, oh! Also... Flint gets up on a rock to make a speech right in front of Irina and Larien, who of course reach up to grab his butt, but we stop because Flint's mom is right next to us... but then she laughs and encourages us! So we wait until the last word of the speech and then *BOOP*! And then giggle like mad colourful schoolgirls.

Even tho I was just the NPC hook for it. The brewery mod was so funny to watch from the sidelines. Every PC getting drunk. Tinder walking out with the barrel full of the "living" dwarven beer and everyones faces. Being a lizard man and charging the undead while PCs stood watching us wondering what was going on. And the night flower mod.loseing all my weapons and shield. And just standing there as PCs wondered what to do with me. And lastly the Barran mod. Where I was the creature that my pc hates the most.Cole did a fantastic makeup job,only wish I had a picture.

I wish there were pictures. Always. For me to hilariously* comment on.

*hilariousness may vary. Please consult a doctor before starting comedy. Do not use comedy if you are pregnant, or may become pregnant. Use comedy responsibly and as prescribed. Don't drink and Droll.

Better late than never, indeed! Sorry, folks! Please know that I absolutely loved this event and I seriously appreciate all staff and NPCs - y'all put on a ROCKING awesome show, tell a great story, and kick serious butt!!

Plot details were unfortunately somewhat difficult to follow, but I chalk that up to OOG factors of arriving late/leaving early, and IG factors of Alda being totally stressed and roller-coaster-y with the personal ups and downs she has on the Vanguard. So even though she didn't take as many detailed notes this weekend, this point gets into my favorites just because the anguish that distracted her from note-taking made for excellent role play.
Loving and caring deeply for everyone in the world becomes taxing, you know? Woof!

But yes, thank you to those who were there when it was vent-RP time! Especially Prolon! Such a serious dude, really brings Alda some nice peace and insight. Sean, your RP is BONKERS. Amazing stuff, dude, thanks for playing with me :D

Rescuing Flint was a HUGE deal for Alda, and it was fun for me to see how Alda was shaped because of how it played out: Alda was left behind for the first attempt to go rescue him. The group formed with a lot of tension; everyone else was so zealous and urgent and "better at fighting" (in her brain) and all, so she had herself a meek little sit down that ended up with great roleplay in the earth circle with Geoffry and Tracey's NPCs while waiting to see what the group found. The Boulderback momma is very wise and I always loved our conversations! But yeah, Alda didn't get to go see him until that lil squad came running back asking the whole town for help. Woof, what drama!

Actually, all conversations between Flint and Alda were deep and meaningful, I'm really interested in how dynamics are developing and Alda is trying so hard to keep her head on straight, hahah :)

Combat was extraordinarily fun! From the amount of Storms thrown on the open field against necro-scum to the intensity and near-retreat of the (BABY DRAKE?! WHAT?!) fight that night, that all felt so COOL AND EPIC, and was utterly TERRIFYING YET INVIGORATING for Alda! Woo!

Let me reiterate: Killing necromantic scum. Always a favorite. You stupid, evil, dwarf liches!

Any and all Larien-Alda interactions, and any and all music. ALWAYS SO GREAT!

SPORE DRYAD MOD. SPORE. DRYAD. ROLEPLAY. MOD. MOTHERFLIPPIN DRYAD ROLEPLAY TIME. YES, PLOT. YES, YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE. :D :D :D :D :D
I may or may not have included those 3 into the post-game plot write-up. SAVE ALL THE CHILDREN!!!!

I am surely forgetting a few things, but I must get going! Much love to all you nerds! :D I unfortunately don't have many opportunities to come play this season, but I seriously can't wait to see you all again whenever I get a chance to play!

Back