May Favorites

I really enjoyed reading this account of your weekend Mich. You so deserve this kind of a time. Your presence is a real boon to everybody who attends HQ events; regardless of what side of the fence you choose to stand on. You've done a whole lot for the game to make me personally enjoy it more when I attend. That's a fact.

I am hoping that you will be there in June, as a PC. There is something that just came to mind that Ezri would be perfect for. It's just a little thing, but as you've so keenly illustrated here, it's the little things that are really most important. If not though that's okay. It can wait. :)

I'm also really excited to be excited to play again.

/hugs

Justin

Ezri said:
All throughout this, Morganna and Zalinarik are rifting in and out, jumping dimensions, chasing each other. It reminded me of the scene in Disney’s version of Sword in the Stone where Merlin and Mim are changing into different animals, one-upping each other.

Thank you! That's where the familiar vibe was from! I love that movie.

Tetsu said:
I You so deserve this kind of a time. Your presence is a real boon to everybody who attends HQ events; regardless of what side of the fence you choose to stand on. You've done a whole lot for the game to make me personally enjoy it more when I attend. That's a fact.

Justin

I back that fact, Jack. :thumbsup: All the respect and adulation that you are completely humbled by? Completely earned and deserved.

Kathy

**blushes**

Thanks Justin, but I, along with the rest of Ash Forest will be repaying the favor, NPCing and writing stuff for the June event. It's our turn to entertain. :)

I can't agree more. Ezri earned this. I'm really proud of her, Mich, and the ash Forrest players and characters. You guys were awesome. I am both excited and nervous for what you have in store for June. I hope we entertain you as much as you do us.

Kyle

Aggravain said:
I can't agree more. Ezri earned this. I'm really proud of her, Mich, and the ash Forrest players and characters. You guys were awesome. I am both excited and nervous for what you have in store for June. I hope we entertain you as much as you do us.

Kyle

Kyle, no need to be nervous Kyle...we are all friends here.

Oh, and if you could send me a picture of each team members back so I know who is who when I see them....

Joe S.
Resident Jerk
Eater of Carrots
See-er at night

Wow, friends... I know it was already over a week ago, but better late than never! I had such an incredible time, despite my current tiredness and unfortunately foggy memory, I'm gonna summarize some of the amazingness:

-Vanguard. We all care really deeply about each other. It is amazing.
-Larien! Amy, RPing with you is always such a treat. From watching you remove Jade's mental evilness with that beautifully set up ceremony, to singing joyously for fun, to crying through songs in therapeutic moments. You're wonderful, and I'm so thankful for the friendship we share!!
-Ketemycos! Mike, gosh, I really like you. I'm so happy that Alda and Mycos are growing closer organically, driven by the same passion for the forest, value of camaraderie, and need for quiet melodies and peaceful times in the woods to clear our minds after all the crazy crap we've gone through recently. And I can't lie, I do see how freaking amusing it is that the timeline of us dating OOG lines up/overlaps with the gradually growing need to combat intense plot together IG... but that makes it all the more fun to have decidedly oblivious and naive RP with you!: "You're very pretty, Kialda Loa." "Thank you! You're very ... helpful, Ketemycos Sunwald!" :D
-Grim: YOU. GIVE ME. SO. MUCH. STRESS. I LOVE YOU TO DEATH. SEEING AS THIS RES DID NOT KILL YOU, I GUESS I CAN NOW LOVE YOU TO DEATH. GOSH DARN IT. DON'T YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN, OR I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF. SHUT UP, THIS MAKES TOTAL SENSE.

-But for real, Mycos... this elf gets an extra shout out apart from the Vanguard, because he and I share this awesome conflict of wanting to help everyone and serve everything and finding our place and such... Mike, you know I admire you IG and OOG. I freaking adore playing with you and I had such an incredible time RPing with you and Mother, and FINALLY BEATING THIS ICHOR WITH YOU.

-Oh yes, btws, EARTH MOTHER. ALWAYS AND FOREVER MY FAVORITE. DONNA I LOVE YOU. I dunno if you realized this would happen, but the Earth Mother is now probably the singular most important character in Alda's life story. You've changed everything for me. You continue to do amazing and accommodating things. You are the best.

-Kailani: Our sister RP is so so so wonderful, soothing, and heart-warming to me IG and OOG. You rock, girl.

-Nathan Westwind. Robb, you knocked it out of the park this weekend. You came back with a lot of devotion to character, motivation to grab plot by the horns, and commitment to RPing it all out. I'm really thankful to know you IG and OOG, dude. ALSO, thanks for accepting physical role play and letting me live out the dream of RPing a weaponless healer being berserk'd!!! BEST. EVAR.

-Ezri. And Rorrii. It is so nice to have such a deep, unspoken connection with you guys :) I feel such affection and appreciation for you both. Us forest-lovers stick together naturally, and it's freaking wonderful.

-RP moments with NPCs: Zelenarick, you were amazing. Alda is probably too curious and not scared enough of the Dragon Mage power, but I'm thankful you were so open to some inquisitive RP! Dave D and Frisco, the very brief conversations I had with your Amani rangers were both very deep and moving. You nailed the character and feel of it. Tom and Tracey, Ophion and the Captain were both played excellently. Just in general, NPCs, you guys are amazing and did a great job capturing the mood of the Forest and creating an incredibly appropriate atmosphere all weekend.

-SAVED BEST FOR LAST: Qualin!! RP moments with you are hands down the most significant part of this weekend. You're so devoted, I adore it. In reverse order, the most significant times were: 1) Seeing you in the Ash Forest and knowing what that meant for you, 2) Catching you watching me make music in the Ash Forest and just sharing that eye contact of mutual bliss and serenity, and finally 3) ... Dude ... sitting next to you for nearly an hour, seldom speaking, trying to process how you may be about to die forever, and forcing myself to make peace with how your sacrifice is truly what both of us want, and how we do value the forest more than our lives... Henry, I was literally sitting there weeping, then strengthening my resolve, then unable to stop the weeping again, then finding my courage thanks to a few of your soft and resolute words... I dare say, that was the heaviest moment I've ever had playing this game. No plot-forced RP-enhancing issues. Just two forest-loving, long-lived creatures trying to make peace with this modern corruption and altruistic potentials. WOOF.

I'm sure I've forgotten some key moments. Be it known: I love everyone, and so many people have such amazing devotion to this game and commitment to excellent, deep RP... Gosh, this is just the best community ever. Thanks for everything, team. <3 'til next time!

This weekend was very hard emotionally for Anna but a lot of fun for me. Went in the weekend with Anna already drained emotionally and then to see Qualin being so happy to be back in the forest and the first physical contact between them in about 7 months and trying not to cry. Later having that image stuck in my head when Qualin thought he may have to die possibly permantly to fix the black ichor. Breaking down and crying IG and Caoihme (sp?) trying to help her. Needing to tell someone that Qualin had let there hand fasting end and Alor being the only one Anna felt she could tell. Saying I love you to Qualin for the first time right before the fight against Tenebrous. Then getting remarried in the Ash forest. Qualin and Anna are now making plans to build a house in Kiri Ashton on the Sweetwater Astikir farm in the Ash forest.

Back