May Favorites

Whyku

This weekend was amazing! I really was thinking that 3 days might be a bit much given how I normally feel after a 2 days, my body is sore but I regret nothing!

• 2am blackjack! We only had a small group of people but with Roff (Played by Jonathan) acting as the house I was able to have a great time losing someone else money
  • Trying to prison and pin Nick (Player of Foss) when he was NPCing, he kept popping out of the circle like it was some demented game of wack a mole
  • Having Alexender sneak up on me with the murder which gave Nick the perfect chance to drag me into the circle..and then I hear someone telling them there might be complications if I happen to circle. Thank you Andrew (Player of Rusty) for willing to trade places with me and being equipped to handle it
  • I loved the construct mechanics on the peach stone mod, I really wanted to experiment but I would have shed tears if we had to start over. Great job Alexander!
  • Thank you again Alexander for first playing a homely, old, decrepit High ogre, only to switch to a strong, chiseled, buff, handsome and of humble High Orge a bit later
  • Loved the late night mod selunari mod, lots of great back and forth with everyone. Had a blast playing the farmer!
  • Had a small chat with The Founder and got to learn a way to destroy the world
  • Great back and fourth between Wildrose (Player by Connor) and me when it came to commands. His epic staff battle swinging 2's when I told on someone else for using shun was fun to watch too
  • Learning about Duke Foss's titles and how he got them, he's living the good life. I want a keep to sleep in....
  • Had my first tea party! Still not 100% if you should only talk about tea during it? Thank you Auryn (Played by Rynn)
  • Playing Mink the servant for Duchess Suswayni, it was fun fanning you Emma A lol
  • Dealing with the NecroOrb and trying not to get caught out when it blasted
  • Role-played as a Dark Elf for the first time!
There is probably a lot of things i'm missing but it was a awesome weekend

Thank you, Staff!

I had to leave early due to an emergency, but overall I'd have to say my favorites were:

-Coming into game Friday Night as a new player and immediately getting tossed into a major Battle against undead.

-Tea Party RP (Thanks Auryn)

-Going to Leaf Crown twice to deal with weird magic stuff like a necro orb and blood root.

-Being able to make a deal for my first magic item and then said Item saving my *** during the Northshire Battle

Hey guys,

It's been about 6 years since I played at your chapter and it was a fun time. I only could come out for Saturday but I did enjoy it. Everyone seemed pretty welcoming and included the stupid dwarf that randomly showed up.

The super golem mod was pretty fun. Interesting mechanics like that can be really fun for players. Definitely enjoyed the elongated battle with monsters jumping in randomly to keep me on edge.

Alexander? I think that's who played the golem. I'm very impressed with your effort to keep me entertained but I just wanted to say you should slow it down a little. I don't want to discourage your drive to make a fun game. But please don't sacrifice your health for my enjoyment.

I just have two concerns. High damage calls including including massive seems like a problem, though I only saw 2 creatures with it, the fight was frustrating not fun. The other observation I have seen across a few chapters. Arcane delivered effects... I may be exaggerating, but I feel like I have been attacked with arcane more than any other delivery. Spell corrupt is scary enough, does it really need a arcane call to it.

Besides those concerns I very much enjoyed the day I was there and look forward to playing more soon

Joe Menotti

Alexander? I think that's who played the golem. I'm very impressed with your effort to keep me entertained but I just wanted to say you should slow it down a little. I don't want to discourage your drive to make a fun game. But please don't sacrifice your health for my enjoyment.

I just have two concerns. High damage calls including including massive seems like a problem, though I only saw 2 creatures with it, the fight was frustrating not fun. The other observation I have seen across a few chapters. Arcane delivered effects... I may be exaggerating, but I feel like I have been attacked with arcane more than any other delivery. Spell corrupt is scary enough, does it really need a arcane call to it.
Hey Joe, thanks for the feedback!

Let me tell ya, I've spent the last two weeks prior to this event thinking about the Mazu Mawl fight and all its components (complex mechanic, bulkier costuming than I'm used to, super extensive makeup, boatloads of Body, fighting out of my comfort zone with a two-hander, etc.), and I think having "hyped" myself up for it for so long got me a little distracted from the actual effects it would have on my health. The original plan was to do the fight at night rather than during the daytime, which certainly would have eliminated a lot of the overheating issue (and let me better show off the LEDs on the crystal suit, but oh well), but some plotline scheduling changes ended up bumping it earlier in the day and into the blazing sun.

I may have wrecked myself for a bit, but rest assured knowing that I actually put significantly more effort into self-care after that fight than I have ever done at an event before. Folks that know me joke that "Alexander never sits down when he's doing Plot", so to have me take a big break, long shower, and relax for a bit after my crash was a healthy change compared to how earlier me might have just jumped back into game for the next thing without giving myself time to recover. Thanks for your concern, and I'll definitely be working to keep myself in good condition when staffing events!

There are a couple recurring NPC cards in the chapter that are specifically statted to include Arcane for plot-related reasons (such as the Oni, the blue-skinned these-guys-have-turned-their-mastery-of-necromancy-into-a-fine-art orcs) and often a mechanical/plot reason for Massive (such as Mazu Mawl, with Massive being employed to help alleviate the difficulties of fighting in a bulkier costume with a weapon I am largely uncomfortable with, and thematically appropriate for the gigantic rock man), though I can definitely see where you are coming from. You might have ended up with witnessing a certain "perfect storm" of Arcane stuff on Saturday, and we do actually use a lot more Spell-qualifiered stuff in general. All in all, while both Arcane and Massive will have their occasional place, I assure you that we will definitely be keeping an eye on their usage and adjust accordingly to make sure the game remains as fun as possible for the players!

It was great to have you out for the time you were able to attend, and I hope to see you again sometime this season! :)

Thanks,
Alexander

PS: I'll get to my favorites list sometime tomorrow - too sleepy at the moment!

Overall, I always enjoy Vornae time with the other Dark Elf Players and with the Vornae NPCs.

• Role-played as a Dark Elf for the first time!
You did an amazing Job, and the small RP event we had was great.

• Hands down one of my favorite Adventures thus far in alliance has to be going to get the Time Oni. The puzzle of figuring out how to engage with a module that repeats if you don't get the answer correct on the first try was very reminiscent of classic RPG games. With an amazing alliance LARP twist and by and large Amie stole the end with her rendition of "Now we Have to do this all over again". Which both perfectly encapsulated that leg of the module as well as the overall Time Echo of the whole mission and Time Oni and will likely be a quote between the 8 of us for many many more market days.
  • Mazu Maul fight was pretty intense and well worth all the effort. I love the work and effort put into not only the hook into the module but the makeup and props were great. I am a little sad that we didn't get to see the costume in its full LED glory; but overall feel the fight worked better in the day time despite the heat.
  • The Biata Magistrate came to the Flaming Skull and adventurers didn't want to push the Biata down stairs... There is more to be seen from this Biata and overall Small Council meetings always interesting
  • I was really sad that I missed the bulk of the defense and persecution of the stone elf during small council. It was really engaging that the squires had to engage against one another to represent the law and their charge equally. Seeing Rusty defending a stone elf, I am sure was character building and sad that I missed it.
  • Sad that I entirely slept away breakfast and missed our dear friend Asura, who held both a Solar meeting as well as a Vornae meeting - and I missed them both... Then proceeded to hear about for the rest of the day.
  • The Litch Bit attack on the Flaming Skull was mind scattering. Everyone was everywhere and there were important NPCs doing a lot of things all spread out and it truly "felt" like the "town" was under attack and not just "the tavern". It was very different to have an experience where the bulk of our place space was used for a module and I am sure in more comfortable temperatures it would be great to have more in the future.
  • Vision Time with Meela. Shen's first active participant ritual. It was an experience to say the least.
  • Who knew Murderous Migs could fight... It was awesome seeing him out of "migs" character and doing a wide range of NPC behaviors and then some full on combat.
I am sure there are more but this is what comes to mind thus far.

where to begin? was a great weekend.
So in no particular order, and I'm sure I'm going to miss something

- "Why did you do that, now we have to do this all over again"
- Clock tower
- Necro orbs, I was on 3/4 and they were all interesting challenges.
- Mazu Mawl was amazing! loved the fight, and the make-up
- "Arcane Corrupt" on Iggy - "Kill him" *points at me* I didn't realize i had made that much of an impression on McNulty! - the ensuing fight between me and Iggy was also fun.
- the puzzle of the pure blood wood in the forest.

I know I'm missing a ton. Thanks NPC's for the amazing weekend, and thank you company for the delicious meals throughout the long weekend.

Great event. I had a blast.

Some of my favorite parts.

-Meeting Foss for the first time and hearing, "Oh you must be Peter Dhugan the Hero..."
-Helping out the Ternian refugees. Alexanders NPC, "That's my nana's favorite wig!"
- Nick's Gryphon Rider.
-Meeting new people like Saro.
-Pa Lo and the sweet sweet peach rock money.
-Checking out the town of Cervantes.
-Stealing Agates, Ezrins ,Gertys ,and Corbells weapons to beat on Mazu Mawl. Peter need a rendered weapon.
-Coming in to game as Asura for a bit, and Sam pitching to me that I should flip houses.

Thank you Nate, Carrie, Alexander, John, Emma , and Rob for a fun event!

Peter will return in August :)

I have others in a bit, but first I present my favorite moment over all the others

Attachments

• 20190527_071938.jpg
    20190527_071938.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 74
  • received_303061803930347.jpeg
    received_303061803930347.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 83
  • received_632516760487227.jpeg
    received_632516760487227.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Eka
I counter that with Stephanie Sunday night on the table on her back; minute later to see she is face down on the mattress placed beneath her. How/when blew my mind.

But I am glad there was a picture of Sid. Alexander mentioned it in the car ride back.

I counter that with Stephanie Sunday night on the table on her back; minute later to see she is face down on the mattress placed beneath her. How/when blew my mind.

But I am glad there was a picture of Sid. Alexander mentioned it in the car ride back.
Ethan and I coordinated that like bed ninjas. He slid the mattress over and I whispered in Steph's ear that she was safe to descend.

Last edited:
Just a few highlights!

-The end to the blood golem fight with Glenn tackling me to the ground! "Do you accept physical Rp" said as he throws his weapon and shield to the ground....YES....amazing
-Birthday Executions!
-The dark elf rp stuff was great but big hat to Iggy staring down poor poor Leo
-Yao literally sitting in mud to make peace with rat people AND agreeing to 32k paralysis posion globes lol
-Batshaman was an absolute blast to play...it was an attempt to prove parody and satire can work at larp but can still be appropriate for the game world...loved interactions with literally ever person he spoke too...but the single best moment was when Agate literally mom apologized for my behavior interrupting the auctions.
-Me as an earth guild member"Kruger is not available he is in a mudbath" -Eve "that doesnt matter I have seen it before" as she pushes past to see him (thats how rumors start lol)
-The rp from the Ni gift of life was fantastic!
-The rp from the group the Founder negotiated with was also amazing
-Peter the Personal Assistant Dhugan as he helped King Rorik deal with a line of petitioners while he was trying to do dwarf time.
-Loved Kates stone elf makeup- the shading was great and coverage perfect!
-Late Night Cooking! Cheesy Ham and Cheesy Bacon for the win!
-Honorable mention to Sid for having a problem, adapting, and overcoming it! (made sleeping in a portable bar covering sound really cool just now)
-So many other great moments but thats about all I can remember in my event addled body and mind! It all hurts today but so so worth it!

I had a truly awesome event that will be remembered for years to come. Favorites in no particular order as follows...

• RP with the Shamans from Anret. The Ferocious Sally, The Ferocious Carl, The Ferocious Joe, One-Hit-Kill, and I Am The Night. We need to have shaman moot more often!
  • Seeing an Earth caster get corrupted and turn around to corrupt more people
  • Enjoyed 2.0 and retaining the majority of my fighter card while still getting to pick up a boat load of offensive toys
  • Specifically fighting Mazu Maul and dropping my entire card into him!
  • Troll getting distracted by eating an entire block of cheese
  • "Now we have to do this all over again"
  • RP with Ni and his proof that Rag could trust him in that moment, allowing us to bring him inside and Gift of Life him. Followed by the GoL itself, it was a great moment
  • Spell Parrying Reggie/Nate's DFM targeting a ward that one of the artifacts was hiding in.
  • Picking up Emma A as a plant to drop her into a hole while her plat was getting ready to explode
  • Also that Meeping plant mod in general
  • I have the best strawberries
  • Great post Lich bit invasion RP with Kyle as Ser Silver-Leaf, feeling like i made good progress on my road to knighthood
  • And so many other great moments!
-Sid/Ragnarok

J'rajj throwing packets at my scumbag bard.
Sid pushing me and threatening my npc towards a marriage that my npc didn't want.

• Smash burgers
  • Hanging out with mutt
  • Many, many company meetings
  • Sam and I babysitting Eryn tripping balls for my first trip to the fey wilds
  • Late night blackjack. I'm standing over my bed about to fall in. "J'rajj, this guy is here and he wants to gamble." ...duty calls. Maybe I should just start running blackjack games every market
  • My first trip to spider island. wasn't actually that bad 7/10 would go again

• Lovin' 2.0 for two events in a row!
  • Meeting Kai and planning her bachelorette party with satyrs, later seeing Joven give her a chariot ride with two chippendales-style satyrs.
  • The evolution of the Totem heist plan and getting to work with Emma B. more than I ever have before.
  • Coming up with the Stone elf omelette recipe story essentially on the fly
  • Making Luna super jelly everytime I made Erynn laugh. Great RPing Amie!
  • Speaking of RP, Emma A's growth as a roleplayer over the last couple years is staggering. It's an absolute pleasure to match wits with you.
  • Dance merchanting with Auryn.
  • Getting to be Rengar's rogue mentor with Mutt's support.
  • Applying weapon coatings to bananas and forcing brood infected players to eat them. Also not breaking eye contact with Elle while doing it.
  • A small adventurer's council I didn't hate! Loved the A Few Good Squires-style competition.
  • Secretly training DeSilvia how to be a diplomatic squire as we visited the Anret Totem tribes.
  • Hooray for Iggy's secret birthday surprise!
  • I LOVE the game Skull.
  • The Whale Joke strikes again
  • Jared/Glenn is awesome and everyone should know it.
  • Sam teaching another player Herbal Lore by smoking up random greens from the forest
  • Speaking of smoking, the Smokers Guild was awesome!
  • During the Sunday Lich Bit fight: Nate- 10 chaos! 10 chaos! 10 chaos! 10 chaos! Brian- Guys, I got to refit, Nate- that's a chaos carrier, it goes straight to body, Brian-.... guys, I got to go (Nate and I die laughing)
  • Also during the first shaman meeting: Carrie- I am the third in line for shaman of the wasps, Me-So do you need me to take someone out? Carrie- .... Me: That was a joke, Deslyvia- (Starts squeezing Sam's shoulder hard)

Oh thats an interesting version of events; Yao/Shen/Isabo remember that conversation a little differently....

Rat People heard what they wanted

Rat People heard what they wanted
Ratkin always hear what they want. ;) I know what I promised.

Realizing that Yao has some issues with power, and only in certain contexts.

Newbie mod! You guys are always my favorite, and i look forward to the next weekend to run her.

Playing shield diplomat with the Duchess, and inviting her to visit. And securing that with Vorg.

Iggy. Just teach me the ways of that intimidate, please. And dress. Rematch.

Ezrin. You know why.

Yao being woken at 2 am and told about the blood golem(again). That's gonna be a painful plot rp-wise, i think.

Can't wait for more.

Oh man, I am still so sore, but I had an incredible time this event! Nothing makes me happier than seeing players enjoy my plot style, and I think folks really liked what I had to offer this game. A couple of my favorites, in no particular order:

- Mazu Mawl fight! Quite apart from getting to finally don the fancy makeup and costuming I had been thinking about for weeks, the coordination of PCs between each other and the synergy of lower-level casters and hard-hitting fighters was incredible. Ignathis did his Olothen reputation proud!
- Time Uni Clocktower! The PCs had juuuust the right amount of trial and error to make it go exactly the way I hoped it would.
- Unintentional best line: "Everything the light touches, is our mod."
- Mutt! You were just great overall!
- Glenn! You were, too!
- Necro Orb/Orb/Skull/Dagger mods! It was fun to see how the PCs reacted to the mechanics of each of those encounters.
- PC reactions to the root beer loot! I always like giving more than just typical treasure when I can.
- So, I get my McNulty costume on, look in the mirror, and think it's missing something. So I add a touch of red on the lips to emphasize them a bit... aaaaaand everyone immediately sees me as an evil mime. Whoops.
- Two other McNulty moments: That fierce look in Yao's eyes as she stood up to me in the tavern, and Thaddeus managing to drop me with his Vengeance! Good on both of you!
- Blood Root mod, especially with Talus taking the most unlikely "10 Elemental Doom" packet.
- Gathering of the Anretian Tribes! Absolutely hilarious from beginning to end.
- "I look like a trashy flapper."
- The return to Peach Rock! Again, watching the coordination between PCs was what made it so great for me.
- PCs' sudden horror when they realized the Gold Elves were in town as the Panthergaunt was asking around about which race was best and which it should declare its Master Race. "Get them out of here, NOW!"
- The Company's meals! Y'all absolutely outdid yourself this game and made easily some of the best food I've ever had at an event.

And so much more! Thanks so much to everyone that made this game great, and I can't wait to see y'all again!

Back