MOVIE CHAT

I'm so excited that I may burst....

Apparently I didn't watch disk 5 of my 2nd season of Avatar until NOW and ...

M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN IS DOING A LIVE ACTION TRIOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince Caspian comes out tonight!!!!

Indy Jones 4 coming out!!!

HP 6 coming out!!!!

Hobbit in the making!!!

Marvel movies in the making!!!!

Hellboy 2 in the making!!!!

I'm gonna be broke...I should buy stock in the popcorn company now...

yeh bam a lang a ding dong has only made one good move and since that has made some big bombs
but the rest of the stuff is great im excited also!

FW

I say he's made two. Signs and the Sixth Sense. I liked 'em anyway.

But I can't wait to see Hellboy 2! That is going to be freaking sweet!

ooh i like m night's work...i just hate that he insists on doing little roles in his movies...an actor he is NOT

except stan lee didn't make any of those movies. and technically he played himself (see the credits) he just was mistaken for heff by stark. M night can't act though, that i agree with.

heheheh i thought that was awesome!!! all these geeky book and story writers want to be in the movies when the stories get put on the screen and they really umm...stink? HEHEHEHEHEH

i'm so excited for Narnia!!! I have to wait until tomorrow night to see it and i can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well M Night didn't play huge roles! Stan Lee and others I guess want little cameos in the films that they helped to create. Is that really so wrong?

i'm not really too thrilled about prince caspien.. the trailers make it look like they threw the book out the window and rewrote the whole thing.

I hope I don't sound too much like an unlettered savage if I say that I have never read the books. The movie still looks awesome to me.

Caspian being a hunka' burning love sticks in my craw - the boy was younger than Peter and prolly Edmund, talking ~13, if i remember correctly. ¿why, in Aslan's name, is he suddenly Fabio the Younger? heckuva rewrite, just to court the teeny-bop vote

that was the one thing i found when i saw the preview that i was like "uhhh huh?" my husband and I were like "isn't he supposed to be 12 or 13?" but the kid is narnian..perhaps narnians age quicker? HEHEHEHEHEHEH he doeslook like he belongs on Teen Beat Magazine or something...other than that I didn't see anything unbookish yet...but then i've only seen the previews twice and a commercial twice...I can't WAIT FOR VOYAGE OF DAWN TREADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m night played a big role in lady in the water...i think..well he was there more than in any of his other movies.

a move where aliens advanced enough to travel intersteller distances and are killed by water that travel billions of miles to attack a planet 2/3 water where water rains down from the sky is kinda silly
Aliens as advanced that can be stoped by a locked door even more silly
Aliens that can navigate in space to other worlds but need crop circles to find a landing spot silly

Alfred Hitchcock started the trend of Apperaing in your own movies kinda neat but I think I enjoy terinteno doing it far more then the others

im kinda upset over the next raiders movie
they were ill advised having it open on the same weekend as a NJ event it will hurt ticket sales :)

FW

raiders = indy? i'm guessing...yeah...but narnia is opening during caldaria this weekend but i'm pretty certain both will be represented well :D

HP: HBP release date is 11-21-08, so mark your calendars now.

As for M Night Shyamalan, I really liked Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I liked Lady in the Water, but you have to remember that that one is suposed to be based on a children's story. Signs and The Village were okay, just not great. I'm really looking forward to The Happening. As for Avatar, I say "Why him to direct?"

The rest of the list in the OP: I'm there for all of them!

why him to direct....

well according to the interview his daughter was addicted to avatar and he just kept blowing it off..and finally she kept asking to watch it and saw the season 1 for sale on dvd and asked for it so he bought it for her and the whole family sat down to watch it and they all became addicted and one day he was getting something out of the fridge and thought "this would make a great movie" and his daughter said YEAH!!!! so he went to the creators of avatar and what are you gonna say when m night shyamalan asks if he can make your cartoon into a Live action trilogy?

¡piffle! fie on thee! how dare you impugn William Hurt, Joaquinn Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard! not to mention Adrien Brody, Brendon Gleeson, Sigourney Weaver! FAH! "The Village" was an intelligent, subtle discourse on the nature of self-delusion and the hubris inherent in mankind. ¡it was bloody amazing! and that's dismissing the impressive cinematography and nigh-Hitchcockian progression of the plot tension. ¡next, you're gonna tell me you didn't like "Unbreakable"!

Back