Mystic Wood Elves

Few humans in alboria have met a MWE, I suppose you could call yourself what ever you wanted...

Fearless Leader said:
Alor said:
Togashin said:
As someone who does play a M.W.E. I would really hate to see something like this pass that would require me to change the way I play my character and change my background.

But if I remember correctly you folks don't CALL yourselves MWEs... I can't remember the full name at the moment, but it's similar to what Ashbury MWEs call themselves, isn't it?

Here in Ashbury, we have "Children of Camulous" -- other chapters have other names for their MWEs.

The only ones who still call themselves MWEs are characters that were around back before the split (like my NPC) who really were from the Mystic Wood (which was an area on Evendarr, from the old NERO).

So yeah, IG there are only a handful of real MWEs, which is why I said maybe we should have a new OOG name for the race.

That's what I was talking about... Toga is a Child of ~name I can't remember~, much like Alor is a Child of Camulous (I wasn't sure I should use IG nomencature here).

I don't see any reason changing the name from "MWE" to something more accurate would require anyone to change the way they play. Those few Tyrran players left would still be called MWEs, just like Alor is a Child of Camulous, but the majority not from Tyrra wouldn't be saddled with a name that doesn't really make sense in Fortannis.

Lurin said:
Few humans in alboria have met a MWE, I suppose you could call yourself what ever you wanted...
Those few sort of include me according to backstory... unless you/I decide where my "parents" travelled to on their routes.

If using the term "fae" is offensive, they could be called "Mee-wees." Historically, names do not have to be accurate.

Besides, that's how the race if often referred to in-game.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Offensive to whom would be the issue. I know my MWE at least wouldn't be offended by someone refering to him as fae, but other characters particularly those who have had dealings with oh, say Silva, seem to have issues with the fae. Wonder why. :lol:

First of all, I am really happy to have found this thread.

I've been using the OOG and IG name Mystic Woodfolk for years. As for the phrases M.W.E. or Meewee, several of us IG find that to be a derogatory term.

If we are serious about the idea of officially changing the OOG name, and by golly I hope we are!, then I put forth the suggestion of Woodfolk. We aren't elves, and let's face facts, some of us aren't even all that mystical. And so very few are left from the Mystic Wood.

My owner has officially been bugged (and you're the owner of the only other chapter I play regularly, so you've been bugged too :) )

Alor said:
That's what I was talking about... Toga is a Child of ~name I can't remember~, much like Alor is a Child of Camulous (I wasn't sure I should use IG nomencature here).

I don't see any reason changing the name from "MWE" to something more accurate would require anyone to change the way they play. Those few Tyrran players left would still be called MWEs, just like Alor is a Child of Camulous, but the majority not from Tyrra wouldn't be saddled with a name that doesn't really make sense in Fortannis.

Child of Mayria is what we've said in regards as to how our peoples came into existence, but I do call myself a MWE because that is what i am regardless of where i come from.
Now if i have to change my backstory to justify this in game if the name is changed then so be it.

Padraig's quite willing to put up with being called a MWE. What his people call each other at home? That's their business. ;)

i like wood folk!

I have another question about elves....
maybe this should be on another thread since mystic wood elves aren't elves but...is it true that there are different types of elves that can be played?? ie: am i confusing a game in saying sea elves? SORRY I"M NEW i'm just wondering if there are turquoise elves being playing in alliance.

Tzydl wrote:
is it true that there are different types of elves that can be played??

Of course, the book specifically lists Dark Elves, Wild Elves, Stone Elves and Elves. Some of us refer to 'regular' elves as High Elves, at least out here on the West Coast. Sea Elves aren't listed in the book, but I have seen them PC'ed in one chapter and they will eventually be a playable race here in the SF chapter.

And thanks, because while sitting here typing my response, an idea for another elf offshoot came to mind to inflict on my PCs as a creature. Mwahahahaha.

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
i like wood folk!

I have another question about elves....
maybe this should be on another thread since mystic wood elves aren't elves but...is it true that there are different types of elves that can be played?? ie: am i confusing a game in saying sea elves? SORRY I"M NEW i'm just wondering if there are turquoise elves being playing in alliance.

Those variations are chapter-specific. I don't believe your two main chapters (Caldaria and Deadlands) have blue or sea elves, though I could be wrong about Deadlands.

Sea Elves as a PC race? with unique racials? Or just elves with funny colored skin/hair?
Can each chapter HAVE LCO Races?
what would happen if that player wants to go to another chapter but they deny their race as unofficial/not in the rulebook?

Quinn said:
Sea Elves as a PC race? with unique racials? Or just elves with funny colored skin/hair?
Can each chapter HAVE LCO Races?
what would happen if that player wants to go to another chapter but they deny their race as unofficial/not in the rulebook?

Our sea elves do not have unique racials, no. The distinction in our lands between sea elves and other elves is for RP purposes. That way there would be no difficulties transferring.

Now, let's get this topic back on track. I believe when we left our heroes they were discussing the possibilty of changing the OOG name. Mike, what would that require to have happen? I've already made my chapter owner aware that I want him to vote for a change when if the chance arises. (And the new name is an improvement.)

Back