Name that flick/song, etc.

"The men of marine force recon are selected to carry out illegal operations throughout the world. When they don't come home, their families are told fairy tales about what happened to them... and denied compensation. Well, I have choked on these lies my entire career. Well here and now the lies stop!"

"The Rock" aka "Sean Connery kicks butt"

'Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to walk into mine.'

Casablanca, classic.

"Marines, we are LEAVING!"

Toddo said:
Casablanca, classic.

Aliens

"You think I want to go to the stars? I don't even like to fly - I take trains. "

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Toddo said:
Casablanca, classic.

Aliens

"You think I want to go to the stars? I don't even like to fly - I take trains. "

Star Trek: First contact. Ye gods, somebody else has watched that movie in the last 5 years?

Take THIS: (From my DVD rack of stuff the girlfriend refuses to watch with me)
"When a black mountain appears above the clouds a monster will arrive to try to destroy the world. The prophecy is coming true."

Toddo said:
"When a black mountain appears above the clouds a monster will arrive to try to destroy the world. The prophecy is coming true."
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla

New one: "Years ago, my mother used to say to me, she'd say: 'In this world, Elwood,' she always used to call me Elwood. 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh, so smart or oh, so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. And you can quote me."

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

"Up, left, up-right, right, right, down-left-up-up"

Marcena said:
Frogger the Musical, yes?

Indeed, tho I bet you googled it. :p Ball to you.

Much as I say that Episodes 1-3 of Star Wars would have been hailed as excellent movies if they were a stand-alone non-related sci-fi franchise, so do I say about Mathew Broderick's only notable film of the 90's. Had they not called it Godzilla, people would have liked that movie. (Don't believe me? Watch Cloverfield. Awesome Godzilla movie that kept itself similar, yet legally distinct)

"I'm shocked. Shocked and dismayed. I'd remind you that we are short on supplies here. We can't afford to take perfectly good clothing and throw it out into space. Always take the jacket off first, I've told you that before. Sorry, she meant to say: Stripped naked and thrown out an airlock. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

-toddo

Toddo said:
Much as I say that Episodes 1-3 of Star Wars would have been hailed as excellent movies if they were a stand-alone non-related sci-fi franchise, so do I say about Mathew Broderick's only notable film of the 90's. Had they not called it Godzilla, people would have liked that movie. (Don't believe me? Watch Cloverfield. Awesome Godzilla movie that kept itself similar, yet legally distinct)

I definitely agree on the Cloverfield/Godzilla comparison.

As for Matthew Broderick in the 90's, let's not forget that he was the voice of adult Simba in LION KING.

Toddo said:

"I'm shocked. Shocked and dismayed. I'd remind you that we are short on supplies here. We can't afford to take perfectly good clothing and throw it out into space. Always take the jacket off first, I've told you that before. Sorry, she meant to say: Stripped naked and thrown out an airlock. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

-toddo
Babylon 5 I think

Across the Universe?

"One Timex digital watch, broken. One unused prophylactic. One soiled. One black suit jacket, one pair black suit pants. One hat, black. One pair of sunglasses. $23.07. Sign here."

Back