Nandayo???????????

Kauss said:
chuckle.. I ment you cant access the dreaming so you cant ask, actally you dont even know to ask IG.

I know that, but from the way you made it sound one might speculate that Ellie might never come back! I mean, she'll have an oppertunity to hear about all this evenutally...right? ^_^

Ellie al'Basteua said:
I know that, but from the way you made it sound one might speculate that Ellie might never come back! I mean, she'll have an oppertunity to hear about all this evenutally...right? ^_^

well.... that all depends on the mercy of plot right?:)

most_precious_blood said:
In response to your wonderings...

I think it's a good example of "bad things happen to good people".

Yes, the Anti-wisdom Tradition. In ancient Babylon, there was a popular philosophy that scholars now call the ?Wisdom Tradition.? The basic teaching of this philosophy was that good things happen to good people and that everything that happens in the world happens for a reason (i.e. Karma exists). Then, after a while, people started to notice that no matter how good a person is, bad things can still happen to them; that there is no order to the universe (i.e. Karma doesn't exist). The later philosophy was labeled the ?Anti-Wisdom Tradition.?

While personal experience has taught me to believe in the later tradition (while behaving as though I believe the former), I like to believe that there is a place where karma actually does matter, where the just actually are always rewarded and the cruel are punished. That is the realm of stories. Of course the existence of ?karma? within a story is usually symbolic of the author?s own desire to live in a world that is universally just, or the author?s desire to teach his/her readers to be good for the sake of being good. Yet, I still like to believe that the possibility of the existence of karma within a story is one of the things that makes stories... well, sacred.

The thing that I find intriguing about LARP is that it creates a story that does not have a single author nor a single narrative perspective. Thus, the existence of ?karma? within the game world is entirely governed by a battle of wills between those who participate. While I doubt that very many people think about such rubbish, I?ve noticed that everyone who plays ends up allied with one side or the other, wisdom or anti-wisdom, depending on the type of character they play or the type of plot they write.

The death of Yasmey seems like a highly significant event in this battle of wills. Both its occurrence and the aftermath will say a lot about the nature of the characters that people have created for the game and a lot about the game itself. And...

Oh crap! My work shift is over and I don?t have time to finish this! I wonder if that made a lick of sense?

Evad said:
Yasmay, only too recently met your sword. Perhaps that is why her spirit was too weak to res.

One of the funniest things I've read in a while.

:angel3:

Never thought I'd see the end of the Laetshi tribe though. Oh, wait, I didn't. Damn. Never fails. The best parts of the movie always happen when you go for that bathroom break.

Back