Nandayo???????????

Ellie al'Basteua said:
So what does it mean that Yasmey--a character that I believe embodied the human attempt to belong to the forces of "good"--could not survive? Is the attempt to be a good person, to be kind to everyone, completely futile? And in the face of whatever forces finally brought about Yasmey?s demise, does true goodness count for nothing? And what does it mean that, even in a world of magic governed by storytellers, things like this happen.

I would recommend seeking the answers to this in game. You might be surprised by what actually happened. If nothing else, you can be sure that large quantities of very interesting roleplay will spawn from this.

Of course, having said that, I would have much preferred the large quantities of even more interesting roleplay that would have spawned from Yasmay's continued survival... But I think you know what I'm talking about.

-Bryan

Sarah said:
Careful oh ye player of a character with an innocent mind. Ask these questions to your character's self, and they will lead to more and more still...
...and she'll end up a bitter old shrew.

Oh don't worry, if there is any one reason that I continue to hual myself to a muddy campground, month after month, at great risk to my academic life, it's because of questions like these. Besides, these musings are mine. Ellie....Ellie probably doesn't even know about it yet.

Bryan said:
I would recommend seeking the answers to this in game. You might be surprised by what actually happened. If nothing else, you can be sure that large quantities of very interesting roleplay will spawn from this.
I suppose that the game is the only place where I can find the answers now. Thats give me hope. But....

Bryan said:
I would have much preferred the large quantities of even more interesting roleplay that would have spawned from Yasmay's continued survival... But I think you know what I'm talking about.
Yeah.

most_precious_blood said:
In case you're not actually kidding:

You've met my shortsword... please don't force me to make more formal introductions to your kidneys.

Yeah, it sucks, but let go, for pete's sake.
(Oh, the irony)

-Gid

Yasmay, only too recently met your sword. Perhaps that is why her spirit was too weak to res.

Ellie al'Basteua said:
Oh don't worry, if there is any one reason that I continue to hual myself to a muddy campground, month after month, at great risk to my academic life, it's because of questions like these. Besides, these musings are mine. Ellie....Ellie probably doesn't even know about it yet.

I suppose that the game is the only place where I can find the answers now. Thats give me hope. But....

Yeah.
Well.. if ellie can dream, then she can access the dreamscape. And since its posted there, if you want ellie to know, and even comment, she can.

Ellie al'Basteua said:
Sadly, I don't think she can...
Oh come on little one... everyone can dream. (Bad song plays in background)

Hell, even Balryn dreams... *cough*... has nightmares. Wait, no is a nightmare.

No that was yesterday. Today he's peachy.

Evad said:
Yasmay, only too recently met your sword. Perhaps that is why her spirit was too weak to res.

Post that in the in-game section, please... otherwise yell at me privately.

-Gid
I.R.G.Y.F.

Post that in the in-game section, please... otherwise yell at me privately.

-Gid
I.R.G.Y.F.

Will Do. Didn't want to put it on the memorial for Yasmay. And since you mentioned your sword on this board...I really couldn't resist. My bad.

Evad said:
Will Do. Didn't want to put it on the memorial for Yasmay. And since you mentioned your sword on this board...I really couldn't resist. My bad.

Of course I think that he was threatening me, and the (Hayley-type-me, not the Ellie-type-me for that matter!), so I should be the offended one. But hey, I'm not worried, I never liked those kidneys anyway. :D

yeah

Ellie-
It was an out of game comment about how crazy Trystan would go in-game if there were an undead Yasmay. It was a comment made in jest.

Evad-
don't sweat it, I'd just rather you were able to express yourself without it starting a flame war or something, and as an added bonus, you can swear at me in PM without getting your post deleted, or anyone getting offended :p

Jag kan inte leva utan dig,
-Gideon
I.R.G.Y.F.

Erm...just for the record, that was Hayley (not Ellie) who suggested the undead gypsy idea. Ellie would never do something like that! ...I don't think...

Yes...

Ellie al'Basteua said:
Erm...just for the record, that was Hayley (not Ellie) who suggested the undead gypsy idea. Ellie would never do something like that! ...I don't think...

That's why I posted here, in the oog forum... instead of sneaking up on someone's character and perforating their torso.

In response to your wonderings...

I think it's a good example of "bad things happen to good people".

I also think that good deeds done in charity are good, and those
supposedly good deeds that are done with a desire for compensation or self aggrandizement are "false as vows made in wine."

Good and evil are based in subjective expreience. I believe I saw both from her. but your definition of good and evil are rather different from mine.

As for what her death "really means"... sometimes luck is just probability taken personally.

I didn't attend the event. I can't say that I would have been able to protect her anyway... so perhaps it was that a few people who would have stuck near her didn't go to the event, or mayhap it was just a "wrong place, wrong time" scenario.

To clarify something (since the last few PMs I've recieved have had the same question in them)...

1) Out of game, I live in California. I am here all the time.

2) In Game, I have been in town since I was arrested, and then released. I train in the meadow every day with whoever stops in to learn swordplay.

-Gid

2) In Game, I have been in town since I was arrested, and then released. I train in the meadow every day with whoever stops in to learn swordplay.
Man... Tristan gets a meadow? All I got was a knocked up old horse who up and died on me. Balryn needs a new agent, I think that I'll sign up for the castle estate on the tropical shoreline somewhere.

~Barry

-Gid
This doesnt give away anything soo.. last game was at a diffrent site ooc and IG. So if you hang around her IG, you would have seen her dragged off by a bright light and thats that.

and of course, as always, people who can access the dreaming can PM people who were there to find out what happend, except L.E. who never gets to know:).

Back