National 2012 Favorites!!

Ezri

Knight
Hi everybody!

Some of you may even still be travelling, and I hope you all reach your destinations safely. Thank you all for coming! It was a pleasure seeing so many of you again, and meeting many people for the first time from across the country.

Please post your favorite moments from the 2012 National here!

Ok, I'll start...

ZOMBIETRON!!! On my very first event a bunch of veteran players did a very similar mod for our group. I was literally giddy at the thought of paying that forward to a new bunch of low level pc's. All of us had such a blast doing it, and it was exactly what we needed to recharge our batteries on a long weekend.

The HQ nobility flashbacks; watching pcs who I know didn't agree with the homestone decision the first time around arguing in favor of it so as not to mess with time.

Playing Jillian opposite young Squire Broomis. I wish you all could have seen your eyes bugging out of your heads. I loved that some of the non-hq players got into it too. Thanks Collin for being an awesome stage partner.

Getting taken out by a sleep spell in a wave battle by Mike V's PC!!! Seriously, it was awesome. I thought for half a second, realized this card had no defense against it, and dropped like a rock. Good stuff.

More to come...

Thank you so much to everyone who helped put such a large event together.

-After the fist mod getting a lot of "Gorka is that you?" It was a wonderful feeling to have her be remembered and some that I have never met but have heard of me were saying hello

-Making friends by healing and giving out protectives, I may not have much but It was much more than last national event.

-Trying to explain Gubba/Morka when Gorka can't cus of the crazies involved and her not wanting to admit what actually happened. But still getting to yell and cry about it and try to get people to tell me why my old doll had claws and armor

-Rift Jumping! I tried to piggy back onto so many rifts but at least I'm trying to be smart about it and bring a friend along too. Thanks to all who held my hand as I tried to go along.

-The Mist Cave and getting to talk to the Collar. Thank you Stephan/Thud so much for hoping fence for us to do that. I was not expecting Corrupt in there though. Wish I could have brought a few more people in to show them what they were though.

-Talking to the Collar and figuring out that he was feeding on our emotions and conflict and trying for the rest of the event to keep myself and everyone else calm

-The cool scary chained up cursed guy with the lantern from the Deadlands. I can't believe I was the first adventure to make friends with him. I loved being entrusted to keep his lantern even though Kendra weren't from the Deadlands. Painting and talking to him was awesome and I'm glad Kendra could paint him so he could see what he looks like now.

-The Gaden panthergast, only 3 people fighting it, highest level being 15. Too bad those 2 banishes didn't stick.

-Keeping two parlized dwarfs from being dead. I just kept doing little heals to restart their dying count even though I couldn't get them out of there, I was glad I could stall time and that they had a life spell to give me soon as they were fixed. And what was even better was post battle walking by him complementing me to some others. Thank you so much I pride myself in trying to be a smart healer.

-Statue garden! Taking care of so many prisoned people, poor Kendra getting out of one to have to start all over agian, also the two kin hiding as poisoned people among us.

-Being right about a Prison rules marshal question, yes the prison drops when you are dead/need a life spell.

-Selling our stuff. It was so fun trying to haggle and trade as savage races who never have done any of our own money before. I especially liked trading pouches for drinks. I also like the idea that some one might ask about a pouch or trinket and will get a story about Gorka and Kendra.

-Painting. Its always fun to sneak attack a painting, I have never had anyone refuse to buy one yet. Painting with Kendra, being so tired that between the both of us we could turn out a half way decent painting.

-Bowing to all the Red and White belt people. So fun being sternly told not to, no one trying to correct her form for bowing, She's gonna just keep doing that even though she knows better till someone tells her how it is really meant to be done. Also Jehan Teaching a knight that is rude to Gorka to just tell her not to bow.

-Singing to they guy with the eggs/collar in him. even though he was dying or unconscious most of the time I thought the calming stuff might weaken the collar enough for him to survive. I was glad That I remembered that round to sing.

-Gabrel's story of how we held Hope's Reach ageist the Currupt. It was nice to feel like stories from Gaden were told and heard so our sheltered lands may get more notice.

-Being handed an enslavement Antidote, I don't remember who gave it to me but thank you, we have very few in SoMN

-Being able to buy bigger healing potions, we have no big potion makers in SoMN ether

-Teaching healing arts though out almost the entire event

-Vry. Great RP Gorka has never had such a good friend who understood her so well and who respected her. Taking a proper knee to him is about what sums up how I felt about being able to play with such a great guy. Thanks Albert for making my event.

This was an amazing event and I wish all events had this many PCs with a decent ratio of NPCs.
Trying to do this in chronological order of favorites
-Helping everyone go through logistics in 4 hours. (Seriously 100 PCs and half who didn't pre-logist in 4 hours is amazing!)
-Successfully starting to help regain Ruis' lost memory. - Ruis"Who are you and why do you know me?" Traver-"Hey Ruis, hail the monarch. Glory to the monarch" R-"You're an *** Traver!! and I hate the monarch!!!"
-Picking up the first mod of Saturday by looting treasure from a tabard that manifested on the ground with it.
-buying a back sack from Gorka (I love merchants selling non-game related items)
-Dwarf battle buddies
-Lifing Cuar and learning that I get one freebie to mess with him per life. (See: balancing things on him when he's in a prison)
-Trying to figure out what Gorka was doing with that squire from the deadlands and subsequently attempting to help with being a wingman. Point noted for the future: Dwarfs who adventure mainly in ashbury: not skilled at being wingmen.
-Business deals
-The second tabard/treasure mod I was on: being able to know exactly what was happening and letting the PCs know what was up and then leading the battle.
-Guarding the other party of one of my deals without them knowing until after guarding was over.
-Playing with Mike V.'s PC
-For the entire weekend throwing cure lights at people downed without checking and seeing it work 90% of the time. Immediately followed by a one-liner if it did.

I'm sure there were tons more but I'm still somewhat drained from the entire event.

Firstly, THANK YOU STAFF AND NPCs!!!

I loved the main theme with the Caller feeding off our memories, all the fights that were actually historical events, and just the general chaos and confusion! Ket actually despaired of ever returning home, good job plot team!

My favs:

- I met SO MANY new people and characters!

- As far as combat, the two fights this weekend that stand out in my mind are the bookend color-coded wave battles. I think what made these the most fun was just the scale of it all; having nearly everyone on the field all at once was awesome. The Friday night PvP was INTENSE and really fun. *pours a forty* Sorry Dave. The last fight on Sunday was cool too trying to stay alive long enough for the green portal to open and then making a mad dash for it when it did.

- Finding my first Magic Item on the battlefield late late Friday night – sorry, random player from SoMn, but your (1/day Spell Shield and 1/day Reflect Magic) pendant is now mine *evil grin*

- In these last two events, Ket’s actually starting to have to worry about Bad Things happening to him (Black Ichor, figuring out and escaping the Caller’s realm) and he can’t just always be the happy-go-lucky elf of his first events. While this makes for really fun and interesting RP, I’ve found hopping fence is a great way to clear my mind and make sure that I’m OOG ok and good to go. I particularly liked being the Prince of Mercatos in the Ice Elemental wave battle. It was interesting balancing fearing for my life with my racist confusion about why non-humans were saving me.

- Lowbie mod: “Grab the scroll and run? Nah, we’ll be fine, we’ve been able to take these mist-things out really easily so far…” Then they start swinging for Body and I go down, everyone else flees through the portal, and so I ask the marshal, “So… earth circle?” and he’s like, “You’re actually gonna rift back into the tavern with a minute left on your death count.” Sweet! Thanks Zat for lifing me!

- Successfully buying out that scroll, getting all the components, getting psyched to finally enchant my bow and see some ritual magic, aaaaand the marshal rolls a 0. Miles, you should have seen the look on your face. Ren’s reaction was touching and felt really genuine. Don’t beat yourself up, Ren, nobody was hurt and you didn’t break my bow.

- Frank and Cole, Ket would be dead multiple times over if not for Huleen and Ruis, thanks once again for putting up with his naivete. Best friends an elf could ask for; you guys rock!

- Getting to see my Rom friends and meeting some new ones too. Kevin, you gotta play Dmitri more often so we can confuse more people! “Morning, Ket!” “Oh hi Ket, are you well?” Bystander: “Wait, what?” :D

- Drak’s antics returning Broomis his crown and providing sign language for Sevaria's speech. Scott, you are one hilarious dude!

- Zombie crypt mod WOAH. Between getting rifted there against my will, and then hearing that it’s unscaled, and then all the special technical effects, this was crazy good times. Thankfully I was on the upper end of the stat scale for once:
“I rise from the ground one!”
“Six normal!”
“I rise from the ground two!”
“Six normal!”
“I crumble to dust…”
And once we actually found the right path, we come across the treasure chest and the four or five people near me start yelling not to touch it, so of course I grab it and the marshal yells “HOLD!” I’m thinking “Dammit, I knew it. Well, I have a strong spirit.” But the marshal continues, “All the undead burst into dust, you feel the mists rising and you’re all rifted back to the tavern!” :p

- Good times with Ashbury friends in the tavern, if there weren’t any familiar faces I think Ket would have lost it.

- Chilling with the lowbies and explaining how to make oneself useful on the battlefield even if one can’t do or take much damage.

Sorry for the novel, WHAT A WEEKEND!!!

I went into the symposium kind of apathetic, but came out rejuvenated and excited. Thanks to everyone involved in both for making that happen.

First and foremost, my top favorite is all the friends old and new that were there. It's cliche, but it's true. It's great to see the Alliance act like an Alliance. There was so much goodwill this weekend I got nauseous. I hate you all. Stop being so awesome. :funny:

The symposium itself was not the tooth pulling I expected. The owners were all civil and gracious. Everyone was able to express their opinions on issues and even when we didn't agree we showed respect. The few votes that were not unanimous were accepted gracefully by those opposed. I'm very optimistic for OUR game's future.

Durk/John and Tenacity(Calamity)/Alison. I hit it off with them from the get go and it was a blast, despite them being from Detroit (Bazinga!)

Hanging out with HOG. What a great crew. Even Tadron.

Wild Camp. The swimming hole and a picnic. I love that place.

Ladder Wolf! Thanks for being a good sport Paul. Drak really does like your character despite still having no clue what his real name is. Dijon maybe?

Naomi for putting up with my harassment. Hopefully I kept it classy enough not to offend OOG. I don't think I've explained "I filled her up from behind with life" to Dee yet. I probably should before I get murdered in my sleep. Who knew putting life spells into a spell store item could sound so dirty.

The Orcish alphabet. Maybe Havoc will share it again some day. I'm glad I could give J and Q some respect in the orcich community.

Kendra was a mean, unfriendly, glaring barbarian. Well played young lady.

Hanging with Sevaria and not getting rolled by her tribe. I think my sign language interpretaion makes us even now.

Being the one to retrieve Broomis's crown and then snatching it back twice when he reached for it. I gave it to him on the third try, as we all now know, "Three times is treason."

Harassing young Broomis and telling him not to get too attached to his hair.

Heeding nature's call in the woods in the middle of the ice elemental battle and having a hold called mid stream. Sorry, not kneeling for that hold.

Subsequently roguing behind a line of the elementals and taking down 4 or 5 from behind.

Ranger training with Khorwyn. Another 20-30 years and he might get there :) Love ya Dave!

Getting rescued from infestation and engulfmentization by the Black Forest. Have times changed in the last decade or what? "I trust you guys" and "Skinny as Luigie" both came out of my mouth this gathering. WTF? Also, when asked by another PC "Are they good guys?" I answered "They're good in a fight."

Late night unscaled undead killing modules with Nemesis. This is becoming a habit. Thanks for invitin me folks.

The food was great all weekend. Great job Jessica Brown and crew.

Super ginourmous wave battles.

Seeing two or three or four generations of larpers all playing together. New players having a great time with veterans of two decades is pretty darn awesome. How long is a larp generation anyway? I'm estimating 5 years.

The beep, beep, beep of the poo trucks Sunday morning. I didn't mind being woken up I was so happy they finally showed up. Then watching the non stop traffic to the portajohns for like an hour straight.

I was also a little worried when I went to bed Sunday night, as the camp was a little messier than I had hoped. But everyone at minimum policed and cleaned up their own areas. BIG thanks to all those that stayed and helped clean up the camp in general. I get very sad when groups don't respect or take care of the camp. This past weekend, especially with so many people, wasn't too bad at all.

Despite a couple hiccups (one major), this was a tremendously successful weekend and well worth all the preparation and work that so many put into it.

First a bunch of thank yous

Rob - for so much work in monster camp and helping me keep my head together.
Nemesis - for coming out and making sure I had a good time, and that I ate, as well as helping me keep my head together. (yes, something of a theme is emerging)
Faireplay - for constant improvements to the site, and for making sure everyone is so well taken care of.
All of the Owners, Proxies and other people at Symposium - for being so civil, fun, and really nice to people you already knew and a few you didn't (like me).
To Collin, Alex, Steve (x2), Mich, May (sp?), and everybody else who worked so hard in camp.

THANK YOU!

Favorite moments

Having an enjoyable conversation regarding different lands, militias and such with a particular MWE, only to stab the crap out of him for throwing Dominates the next day.
Getting to see friends from the West Coast and Mid West I hadn't gotten to see in WAY too long.
Getting to know a few more people from those places.
Seeing a couple PCs who'd seemed down before I interacted with them smiling.
Playing the numbers game with Dave during the last wave battle.
A lot of really clean, safe fights.
Surviving the ones that weren't as much.

Yuppers, it was a fun event! Seeing folk you haven't seen in years is always good for the soul!

Meeting new folks from all over and seeing their playing style is great addition to everyone's repertoire.

Generations, erm ya, about 5 years. It is fun seeing the 4th and now 5th generations playing the same game.

For the weekend:
The wave battles were instant classics! Great job to plot.

Role playing with everyone as Kashang. Three tusk breaks makes for me painting them on. Sorry if it looked bad. My teeth (and gums were a wreck after the second smash to the tooth'ess's).

Getting to roll with the 3 Hobling Charlie's furry Angels. Great job you three.

Practically getting handed a tabbard and being inducted into HoG. You guys are very fun to roll with and make me almost want to go to Michigan to play. (We would have to work on the divorce papers for me to do that is my guess...)

All the noise from the Lower level Module coming out of the barn, all of us sitting down at the cabins. Tadron comments, "we should bust in, and see if they need help!" I say, "Ya ya, 'Tadron busted in, and said "WHAT'S THAT NOISE!"'" And there were folks that got the joke...

Great time, good memories!

Jim Sailer
Kashang.

DracoIam said:

-Being handed an enslavement Antidote, I don't remember who gave it to me but thank you, we have very few in SoMN

That was me with the enslavement antidote. Your friendly happy Coyote Mayhem.

Blew out my knee and hip Saturday and DIDN'T CARE. That's how much I loved this event. Anyway, top 10 style.

10. Qualin telling his King to "nut up"

9. ZOMBIETRON! Besides being an awesome encounter, that was just what the plot staff needed after the Sunday unpleasantness.

8. Our NPCs. Seriously, people thank you all the time but really this game can't be run without you. The best writing in the world can't make an event if the NPCs aren't amped and happy. It's a constant refrain for me but I truly think that this game would go from awesome to orgasmic if every player committed to NPCing at least one event per year at the chapters they play. (getting off my soapbox now)

7. Marshaling. Normally this wouldn't make my favorites unless I'm being sarcastic but the level of good sportsmanship I saw this event made the job a breeze.

6. Meeting new people. Putting faces to names. Not being punched when I admit I'm toddo from the boards. :p

5. The national plot staff. it was awesome working with Gary and Jeff again after more than half a decade. I'd never worked with Bill before in a plot capacity but it was amazing to see his evolution from a PC whose actions gave my plot team fits and forced us to respond rather than dictate into someone who might be (might! :thumbsup: ) better than me one day. Tim and David I had never worked with in any capacity and they made me want to play their chapters like whoa given the creativity they brought to the process. I truly and unironicaly feel honored to have had the chance to work with you all. Thank you.

4. The ballistae. I wish I'd known they were coming. I would have written constant mods where PCs got to play with those.

3. This one's kind of weird. The way everyone came together and worked with us during the "incident." The Alliance is a community above all else, and I never felt that more than when it was truly tested. I think I can speak for everyone involved on staff when I say that was bar none the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever had to do for this game. Everyone was completely supportive and I truly thank you because I still feel ******* dirty about that. Anyway, back to happy stuff!

2. Literally the last 30 seconds of the event. Almost everyone had made it out of the portals when Jesse "No man left behind" Henessey says "There's a man down back there" and goes into full-on Killbot mode. 5 NPCs with punishing stat cards get taken out within 15 seconds and Every. Single. PC. made it out of that wave battle alive. Kudos Jesse.

1. Not many people saw this so I apologize in advance. The final Broomis mod. When writing NPCs you know are going to be around a while I find it's best to give them that one moment that defines them as a character, the one big thing that you can fall back on when the PCs throw you for a loop and it's always best to have that moment be a place of pain. I really struggled with having that moment, the moment where Broomis sacrifices love for duty, come out in game because if the scene didn't work when it came out then the character I've played for five years wouldn't make sense. Collin and Mish nailed it, more than nailed it they *$&%ing took me there. I was basically playing the Devil in that mod and I was struggling to keep from getting choked up. For the PCs that got to see it, thank you for taking the moment seriously. Plus, I hope the players who are involved in HQ plot appreciated the easter egg at the end. :p

Again, thank you to everyone who participated. I wish I had the money/time to come play all of the chapters, my biggest regret this event was leaving feeling there were 50+ awesome people I didn't have time to make friends of.

-toddo

Well I was originally slated to PC and then realized that my team was not going to be there except to NPC so I said frig it and darksided...glad I did. Toddo...your NPC one event a year soap box...with you man.

Thanks to all the PC's who were a blast to play with and fight with all weekend...my only regret is not getting to RP with you guys more. To all the other NPC's....well done! To staff....thanks. Top moments:

1) The variety of wave battles. From the initial breaking things up and making the PCs come together slowly...through pain...was amazing to see...especially from up on the hill. I hope it was as fun for all of you guys, even as it was confusing. And the ending mod...my only regret was being off the field early on and not seeing things past the opening of the second portal. Speaking of which

2) Backpacking Bill as the BBG in the first phase of the last fight...for a little bit. Its weird but I enjoy doing it when I NPC.

3) Training new NPC's and PC's and having some of them come up to me later and be saying things like "that really helped me in that fight".

4) Adopting a willing apprentice...and the enthusiasm of all the young NPC's. For every codger like me on the darkside there was one youngin making me go longer and harder cause I refuse to let them see me be old...yet.

5) telling folks in camp how every now and again I feel the need to run down some young fast person just to prove this old man can move...then having the chance to do so. Glad you live man!

6) Lowbie combat. It is so very different and yet entertaining. From the multi colored bug fight to the dancing mistling I hope you all enjoyed it. I was picking burs out of yes for I do not know how long after that, but everyone had a laugh at the end so it was worth it.

7) being so eager to go RP that I totally forgot my names and back story. I guess I better stick to my stick

8) Being able to pull a bunch of candles, a rope light and some strobes out of nowhere for the Zombietron mod and helping Bill set it up.

9) Hanging in camp with a bunch of folks I have rarely seen, or not seen in some years and having a great time with them all.

10) Getting to meet some new people in the best place of them all in Alliance...the battlefield! Really guys, the folks who come up and appreciate a good hard throw down makes it all worth while. My new friend from Oregon, I am glad we got a chance to play a little on the side! Who knows...its just a plane flight away right?

Great times, I hope to see you all again and as soon as fate will allow.

Joe Siegel
some random npc putz

jonwquigley said:
DracoIam said:

That was me with the enslavement antidote. Your friendly happy Coyote Mayhem.

Hey, I handed you that antidote. Don't try and take all the credit :p

518 views and 11 posts? Come on now people. I know you had a good time.

- Getting to play Kendra having a good day. Ha
- Nobility talk with El. Nobles should not be rescuing other Nobles. It just makes more work as I have to rescue even more Nobility. :p
- Meeting a person who has met Kendra's goal. (minus the race-changed part) And taking a knee to the one noble she thinks deserves it.
- Mist Cave/ corrupt Mod. THANK YOU Stana! :wub2: Getting so angry on that mod, and killing the last corrupt with an Ice slay was epic!
- Havoc's Orc ABC's!!
- Being Healing arts doctored by Gorka and Thud (being taught) after the lowbie rescue mod only to be rifted out half naked. Luckily I grabbed Thud's pole arm instead of my own. :D
- All things Thud.
- Learning about the different lands. I really want to check out the Dead-lands next season.
-Painting the chained up guy. Gorka is friends with everybody, and Kendra is not afraid of anyone. It worked out well. Besides, he got points in my book for helping Gorka.
-Last mod. Was pretty epic. I'm glad we all made it.

Sorry Scott!

I just got a chance to really let the event percolate through my brain and wow...Gary and National plot team, hats off to you guys! For me, the event was really a cool insight into mists creation, I got a lot of background on some of the chapters and it made me want to see the chapters that some of these stories came from in person. I didnt know what a Kurzinor was, who Broomis was, what any of the stuff that came at us...but I got to find out and it made it awesome. I liked getting a different sense of the game and playing in a role that Jehan (that's my name Scott) never gets to be in anymore but for which he was designed as a PC. We did have some small hiccups but for the most part, those hiccups are a good thing, they uncover differences and give us a chance to be a better alliance.

Many Favorites: (trying to go in order)
-Symposium, OIP, Lockhearts, The adventures trying to get there. :funny:

-The new mask, thanks Allie(?) for your help/advise with it.

-The intro mod was powerful and awesome...I loved fighting with strangers and old friends alike against other pcs...it was brutal and tapped me out a good bit but wow. The lights were a clever idea to keep us on the same team and I got to meet Kaynen first hand while unloading my wand into him 7-8 times before realizing he was a golem. "d'oh"

-The diplomacy of figuring out who was who, what was what and just rping with different knights from other lands, teaching Gorka my views on nobility and I think having it sink in for everyone at the table...Thanks Dramthin

-Daylin winning this match of the pineapple game (I'll get you next time Cymric)

-About losing my cookies when I ran into Baron Shikar then getting an update on all my Andarian friends.

-Ordering and recommending "Thuds" to everyone.... Stephen we will make thuds available for sale soon.

-Tent City! CR, Lanna and all of our Neighbors, great late night RP.

-Golem healer! Woot! Jehan always wanted to be a healer but his curse prevents it so I am down for healing golems.

-Going to the forest and just hanging out, crawfishing, and being IG sometimes the RP of hanging out is the best.

-Ahlana and Jehan RP while getting her into her Golem "what happens in the mist prison stays in the mist prison" "what were you two doing?" "helping her into her golem?" "doesn't that just take 5 minutes?" "..."

-RP with Broomis as a squire then as a part of the memory (so sad such great rp) then as a King...awesome and awesome job to the dwarf (grimm?) in each encounter..you have Jehan's respect.

-MOOOOSEEE! (thats right the dog made the favs list)

-Fighting with Havok and Hog during a wave battle as the designated disarm monkey for Havok's PTDs

-Getting to fight a wave battle with the Black Forest Guys was so humbling for me as a player and as my character, great teamwork and I really felt more effective for fighting with you guys. I threaded the needle so many times to pop the dragon mage's spellshields it was getting rediculous.

-RPing with Bjorn and all the folks who I asked to help me remove my curse.

-Fighting Michelle without knowing and tooling her down only to have her keep pouring healing into herself while my GM rolled up behind me to start slapping me around, going into overdrive to tool them both down as they kept healing themselves... I walked away from that totally drained with 9 body left...hurt but awesome.

-Running down Gary's undead king... just pissed IG and dropping all my undead destruction fury into his back only to get rolled hard it was sweet. great job to everyone for sacking the QB so well.

all awesome stuff and of course huge thanks to Jessica and the tavern team for all the food and drinks, to all the NPCs for trooping forward all day and night... I am forgetting so much stuff it was fantastic. Two things stand out in my mind as the best one IG and one OOG.

OOG- It felt like a dang National event, I got to hang with other owners IG, get to know Stephen D, Bill Gibbs, Collin Babcock, David Van Ness, and all the other people whom ive only spoken to on the boards, I got to PC with Mike V! Thanks to all those of you whom I didnt know who I got a chance to know better. Scott has made this comment before, but thats a huge reason for the National event to be and it worked for me this time.
IG- *to the tune of spider man* Ladder Wolf, Ladder Wolf, does whatever a ladder wolf does...he's up there, can't get down, oh he's stuck.... I hate you Drak! LOL made my event and now I will forever be known.

Thanks again and when I am done with grad school we have plans to try to travel at least once a year to various chapters.

Hey folks, just wanted to say it was an honor to help put this on for you. It was great to see so many familiar faces from the last National event and so many new ones. I hope to be making it out to more of your chapters next year. So I guess its on with the favs.

First off the vibe in NPC camp was amazing. It felt so good to be surrounded by folks excited to be there. Big ups to the numerous folks who kept that place running smoothly and cranking out the hits.

Brian Bender is my personal Alliance hero. He was tireless in his quest to give all the PC's a good time and is one of them most fair players I've ever met, it was such a boon to have him in camp.

Zombotron! That is my favorite mod of all time, and I've never seen it on such a massive scale. Thanks to everyone who made that insanity happen.

"Who's that guy who's big and he's green..."

The look on Todds face when a Shatter Spirit was used as a spell shield popper on him. Good times.

I was stuck in Camp most of the time, or out hitting people with things, but what RP I did get to do was great.

It was really amazing to see the spirit of the Alliance so strongly, I'd love to see 140 people games more often. Again, thanks to everyone who made this happen, from both sides of the fence and coast to coast. See you all again, hopefully soon.

Now that I've slept and eaten and my body isn't so angry at me for the hill and the rocks...

-Getting my writeup and seeing that Gary had erased all memory of my character adventuring. It was basically "You know these 5 people." GAH! Glad I kept that first half a page of my character history...

-Dealing with adventurers with absolutely no context whatsoever. And myself. "Why do I have all these arrows? Do I know how to shoot them? *tries a bow* Nope. Not even a little. Hey! A book! I think know a lot about celestial magic." Or even better, Kiba telling me I was her stepdaughter, then seeing Dalynn run by, and the assumption that I'd married him. They're both white sarr, it's not outside the realm of possibility if you don't know the details. Drenten showing Phedre her own treasury to convince her that she'd been adventuring. Or Dalynn telling Phedre he'd handed her a race change when she was trying to figure out why she wasn't human anymore. "Who does that?! Who just hands someone a race change set?!"

-Hunt West. Oh, the shenanigans of Hunt East meets Hunt West. I want to do it again.

-Seeing Nemesis. I love hanging out with you guys in and out of game.

-"How many fingers am I holding up?" (Kate gets her hand licked) "War Bonnet Back Surgeon needs fixing NOW!" (as Naomi is licking the whole side of Kate's Hobling's face.) Best "Do you accept physical roleplay?" ever.

-The snippets of memory that came back to Phedre as the day went on. It was interesting to just let myself remember the impressions each character had made on Phedre, and some of the surprises about what came to me, or didn't.

-There was OOG stuff that went on that I could have lived without, but what's done is done. The way we came together as friends and a community was fantastic to see.

-Bill Gibbs after the last fight, with a smile on his face: "The two things I took the most damage from in that last fight were Prisons and this b***h's burst pool!" I had 18 40 elemental flames for him, thanks to the 3-day High Magic rule. My character has a new goal: a thousand point burst pool a weekend.

-Leaving the last fight with no wand charges, no burst pool, the lightning storms I'd forgotten I'd memorized, a Sanctuary, 2 CoPs in memory and a CoP and Ward from an item. Oh, and a couple Cloaks. I've never used that many of my resources as a PC, and I've never been so scared as Phedre that I wasn't going to survive and there was nothing I could have done about it.

That was one of the most interesting, most immersive games I've ever played. Thank you Gary, Jeff, Toddo, Sean, Bill, ALL the NPCs, and everyone who helped donate props, writeups, food, or time for jumping fence or cooking/cleaning.

Hey guys,

I know its been a few days but I finally have got something to share. Thanks to the plot guys and gals who make it fun and took time to make us feel cool in ways our characters can only dream. Here's my Faves in no particular order.

- Victoria the MWE, "I don't have much healing so PLEASE don't run back down there and get killed" At least she was honest and she saved my life right off the bat. And her name is cool. Props to you for having the gonads to drag me all the way out of danger.

- Gorka is that you? At least we're not completely lost.

- Standing next to a Kirigani archer who healed me and not realizing that it was Aubrey's sister til she questioned my knowing her.

- Reuniting with mi Familia, Dimitri is always a hoot.

- Mist Cave, What could go wrong, our question is not as hard as attuning a 20 rit perm sword... boy were we horribly wrong.

- Corrupt healing. ;) It was luck Stana, I swear.

- Everything Drak. Ladder Wolf and Lady Knight Sweetie Pants. P.S. I love your tiny little house Scott!

- seer, seer, seer, seer, satyr, seer, stone elf. Three Romani, an Elf, a Mystic, and a stone elf go to the moon bridge....

- Kingly Fireworks

- Thud and Kendra twin polearms.

- Raven's admission of goonhood, Foss will be so surprised.

- Mint 'n KItten fun. Chad is such a good sport... and Cymric took the rest after he was done fighting.

It was nice to see old friends and meet new ones this past weekend and I hope that we can come visit and maybe even see some of you guys out to our chapter to play and see how we do things out in the Midwest. :) These national events always remind me how awesome of a community we can be since we share this same hobby. Thanks a lot to everyone and we'll meet again soon.

Vicki AKA Lady Knight Sera Eldandiril Zanabanath (do do di do doo)
The Mistress of MonsterCamp of Chicago Land

I cannot say enough good things about this event! I know i'll forget a ton of things, but this is a good start.

Most of all getting to see old friends I never get to see, and meeting some new ones to. I was feeling the alliance love all this week :)

~Personal plot. Having Keely come into game with no memories of the last five years, and instead a different reality was really fun. It gave me the opportunity to meet Ruis and Ahlana and get to be closer to Phedre. I love that all four of us just totally threw ourselves into the writeup and acted as if we'd really been surviving together all these years and had each others backs (Once we managed to figure out who Ahlana was :funny: )

~In connection to that, all the people I did know telling me about what I've been up to the last five years. Boy, was I convinced the other me was terribly insane.

~Drak and the crown! Three times is treason :) Also, Kingly fireworks show!

~Teasing Vry the heart-breaker with Avian and Drenton all weekend.

~Characters introduced at the National. Angrag and the Hobling sisters were AMAZING

~Having the hobling sisters and their ogre friend tell me about their lands and what happened to the hoblings there. Chilling - utterly chilling. I told it to some others afterwards and they had the same reaction.

~Angrags explanation and then demonstration of Cassanorca. I was NOT expecting the bedroom eyes, I almost died laughing.

~OOOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOOO

~Being able to interact with so many different people and trying to make sure people from all lands understood what was going on when it concerned something I knew from the Deadlands - for example the Bug Devourers and their floating elemental drift. I liked meeting everyone.

~Mourgrymm. Especially our talking right before he went to go reunite with the beast, and again on Sunday night before the crazy portal battle.

~Everyone who had my back when a werewolf came looking for me on Saturday. Admittedly got very creeped out when I heard he had an empty vial.

~Panterghasts! I love you bobo! I may have been having a bit of a heart attack the first time I fought you.

~The site is WONDERFUL. I love the tavern, I love the cabins, even was ok with the hill! Also, the food was the best I've ever had at any game. Props to all for their hard work!

~Having dinner with old school Bjorn.

~The Void encounter. Chilling in the tavern with Collan, eating some cookie dough... huh, tavern just turned into Finn castle, that's weird... AHHH IT"S VOID!!! Freaking out, Drentons explanation this has to be the Malachide just as Sean comes around the corner as such. Running down out of the tavern with just Chiarrah and Ruis only to have the Malachide summon Void to us. All the craziness that followed. Listening to the ritual was great, and Drentons COP madness was also amazing to watch. Trying not to cry as Nic yelled at me for allowing this to happen while at the same time begging the malachide for any knowledge of Void's weaknesses. Sean's smile as he comforted me that Void was gone forever, and I didn't need to worry any more.

~The opening fight and the last one. Very cool conceptually, and though I was terrified for my life during both, I really did enjoy them.

Thank you again for everyone that came to play, worked their butts off, NPC's, ran logistics, cooked, wrote plot, med staff making sure we didn't die, all of you! This was a really great event to recharge and remember that we are an alliance, and I couldn't have been happier after it.

Now that I've recovered enough to form coherent thoughts, I'll throw in some of my favorites.

THANK YOU NPC'S! The energy in Monster Camp was really amazing and even when we all looked like we were about to die, someone always got us going again.

THANK YOU PC'S! Clean fights, great interactions and fun RP! You guys also rock!

Getting to RP my own dead body. Didn't think it would be this soon but I was prepared for the day when this would go down. No bigger stage than this one. Thanks to everyone who came to pay your respects, you made me cry for about half an hour.

Meeting so many new people. We truly are an Alliance and I can't wait to go visit every chapter at least once.

Playing the little Elosdi! Gorka hits me up with a weakness and squares off against me. "I want to practice with it!"

Getting disarmed by Mike V. Never saw that coming.

Zombietron! And all the other lowbie mods.

Props to the plot team and all of national staff for running such an awesome event. Even just listening to these veterans talk plot and how this can be executed and this awesome old school mod, I feel like I learned a lot just watching the masters work.

Fighting the Furry Angels when neither of us could affect each other at all!

Playing a werewolf. Man do I love to howl at the full moon.

Thanks to everyone who made the event possible and helped on either side of the fence. The game is awesome. but the people who play it are the reason that I keep coming back time and time again!

Back