National Event 2010!!

Lira

Artisan
Hello Everyone!
I would like to announce our new Head of National Plot, Paul Foisy. Paul was on the Alliance Plot Committee last year and helped run a great event with Brian at the helm and now its his turn to take on the responsibility of making the next National event amazing. I have every confidence that he and the team will make this next one even better than the last.

The next National event is scheduled to take place labor day 2010. Alliance Ohio will be hosting this event so please make your plans accordingly for traveling. Don't forget to mark it on your calendars,we are trying to get all chapters involved this time and would love to see a big turn out.

We will be creating a website for the National Event that will hold all of the information that is needed including donation lists,item transfers,awards for npcing etc. So please stay tuned for all of that. If you are currently on a plot team or a plot head and want to get involved in the Alliance Plot committee please send me an e-mail reneerules@gmail.com .

Thank you

-Renee Iovino
Alliance Chairperson

Since it isn't listed I feel it's probable safe to assume a date hasn't been picked yet. Correct? How soon might we know the date?

One other thing I might just want to throw out there. Last year there was more than one chapter that had events the weekend just before the national event. I think this may have hurt the National event attendance because playing Alliance events back to back can be very draining. (Even if you do it...)

Would it be possible to ask chapters to perhaps leave a weekend off the weekend before the national weekend? This might mean more people are rested up and really excited to play a National event. Just a thought. :)

w00t! This is supper exciting and I'm also excited to see a different location for it. Something a little more central. Congrats Paul!

Telokh_Amdo said:
Since it isn't listed I feel it's probable safe to assume a date hasn't been picked yet. Correct? How soon might we know the date?

It was listed - Labor Day Weekend 2010, which is Sept 3-6, 2010.

Congrats Paul!

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Telokh_Amdo said:

It was listed - Labor Day Weekend 2010, which is Sept 3-6, 2010.

Congrats Paul!

*DOH* I was so excited reading that I glossed over the wording there. I didn't see a month and days so I assumed it wasn't there. My bad. *slap on the wrist*

Dreamingfurther said:
Would it be possible to ask chapters to perhaps leave a weekend off the weekend before the national weekend? This might mean more people are rested up and really excited to play a National event. Just a thought.

I would suggest chaptes leave a weekend off before AND after the National event. That way the National won't hurt the attendance of events after it as well.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Dreamingfurther said:
Would it be possible to ask chapters to perhaps leave a weekend off the weekend before the national weekend? This might mean more people are rested up and really excited to play a National event. Just a thought.

I would suggest chaptes leave a weekend off before AND after the National event. That way the National won't hurt the attendance of events after it as well.

Just remember, not everyone's going to make it out there, and might maybe want to play some time that month! :lol:

I don't recommend forcing chapters to reschedule events that were planned long before the national was announced (not insinuating the national committee is forcing anything, this is just a response to players who are talking about it). If the date is determined before the season starts, the chapters can schedule accordingly. Perhaps it was, I don't know. But if it wasn't, announcing it after camp sites have already been reserved, staff committed to running events, and so on - shouldn't be cause for rescheduling other events.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the nod. I want to say that while I'll have the weight of the Alliance on my shoulders for the next year I'm joined by an awesome plot team drawn from a number of Alliance chapters throughout the country. I will be announcing their names and respective chapters shortly.

I want to stress that we will in no way "force" chapters to reschedule events, attend, or participate in this event and the plotlines leading up to it.

The date as of now is to be Labor Day Weekend 2010 which makes me pretty sure that not too many chapters have a weekend booked already. While I'd love to see a 1 week gap before and after the event as an owner myself I know that chapters have shceduling restrictions and some might not be able to either give us a gap or even forgoe running an event at the same time. I wont take personally any chapter doing whats best for it and its players because as Wraith said, try as we may to drive as many players to this event some players will simply not be able to go. It would be my hope to work with all the chapters to see some reprensentation from every corner of the Alliance and involve everyone who wants to be involved.

Thanks again and I hope to see you all next September.

Paul Foisy

And congrats Paul :D

I'd love to try to make it out next year. The first National Event sounded amazing, sad I had to miss it.

Paul is doing an awesome job so far and he deserves all of your support and congratulations. I just wanted to say congrats to him again. He is going to make this event one to remember. So try really hard to come out to it everyone!

We will be posting updates as soon as we have them so everyone sit tight. All the information we do have about the event besides the plot has been posted already.

-Renee
Alliance Chairperson

Congratulations, Paul! As things get closer, please let us in Ohio know what we can do to make everything as easy as possible for you and your staff. Can't wait to see everyone out!

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your kind offer I will most definitely be making use of it at some time or another. Mike Webb has already graciously agreed to help us fit our storyline into Ohio's chapter and will be a part of the Alliance National Plot Staff but any and all help would and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Congrats Paul! This is great to hear, and I am already working my schedule to make room for it! Best of luck to you and your staff!

-Brent

AllianceCHI said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the nod. I want to say that while I'll have the weight of the Alliance on my shoulders for the next year I'm joined by an awesome plot team drawn from a number of Alliance chapters throughout the country. I will be announcing their names and respective chapters shortly. Paul Foisy

So the chapters that are invited to participate have all already been chosen?

All of the chapters are invited to participate. There is no obligation for any chapter to participate though.If they are interested in getting information about it they can contact Paul or myself to get them started.

-Renee
Reneerules@gmail.com

I am currently putting away $30-50 a month to go to this event. It won't pay for the full trip but will take care of a major chunk o' the costs.

I am looking forward to this event. Hopefully I won't have a family emergency again like last time.

Mark
Alliance SF player

Just wanted to take a quick second to thank all the folks who have contacted me about helping run NPCs, Making Props, and helping with the national event and plotlines leading up to it. I cannot thank you enough for your show of support.

By now, you all should have received the name of the person in your geographic region who is coordinating the national plot goings on. Contact them and see what you can run at your events comming up. Also your owners have been asked to elect as to wether they want to participate in the national plot this year and will soon be needing your help to play various NPCs and plot out how the national plot will intergrate into their chapters. I urge you to reach out to them and ask what you can do to help them.

I'm glad all of you are comming together from around the country to work on this event lets make this the best it can be. More next week. :)

Thanks,

Paul Foisy

Alliance National Plot Guy

"How did Renee rope me into this again?"

Back