National Event 2010!!

Lanna Rose said:
*tear*
I wanna go to the national event....
I'll be in Iraq...
That really sucks...
*Cries*

I know EXACTLY how you feel! Just got my notification about a month ago...

Now I'm listening to everyone make plans...and I'm looking at the character I brought last year...and I'm all sad. :(

It sucks cause I'm leaving in January. So it's like if I can plan my leave just right I may be able to make it to a couple of different events if I try really really hard.......*crosses finger*

I just hope I can actually pick my leave this time instead of getting told 'Hey! You're going on leave three months after you get to Iraq and then spending the next year in this place.'

Yeah. That's what they did to me last time. I was angry...

See, that's what I'm a little worried about.

(them) "Congratulations! You're going on leave!"

(me) "Um...I've been here 2 weeks..."

(them) "And you'll have about a year left when you get back!"

(me) "... $%@#..."

It'll be more like 3 months after you get there....you gotta be in country for 60 days in order to take leave..just thought you might want to know that....lol can you tell I'm S-1???

OMG OMG OMG! I'll be home from Iraq for that!! YESSSS! I didn't get to go to the last one. Super excited!!

Angel and Joy, I hope your unit is like mine was. We picked three dates, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice, for our leave. Not everyone got their 1st choice obviously but hopefully you'll get to pick too. And, of course, sorry to hear you're coming here too. I know Angel this isn't your first time, don't know about you Joy but either way I'm sorry to hear it. I'll be sure to ask the dust gods here to keep it down for you some.

Lookin' forward to my leave in Oct and this whole shindig to be over. *sigh*

YAY National Event!

Yeah I'll be okay. Hopefuly I can pick the dates I want for leave. i'd love to be able to make it home for one event as Lanna next year. At this point I don't really care where it'll be as long as I have 4 wheels to get there on i'll be happy.

Hey, I got a question.

I'm thinking about next year's National event (having never been to one before).

However, since we'd be flying out, I wouldn't be able to bring the phys reps for weapons, etc.

Would there be loaner phys reps? Is it a "first come, first serve" if you can borrow it from other folks?

Enquiring minds want to know,
Davio

Davio,

Many airlines will allow oversized equipment onto the plane - such as snow skis. So if you're looking to bring your polearm, you could put it into a cloth bag and then check it at the counter. You might have to show it and might get some strange looks but it can be sent that way. Had a friend in the IFGS who often transported his 7 foot spear in such a manner.

In the case of Southwest, as long as it doesn't weigh over 50 pounds, it will count towards one of your 2 bag limit (not including carry on).

One of the good things about only using small weapons, they fit into the suitcase. :)

Mark

P.S. - saw thisin Southwest's "Sports Equipment" section and I snickered:

"Parachutes are allowed in checked or carryon baggage, but may not be worn in flight."

Hello All.
I'm a newbie at larping.
It's my first year, If i go will i be worthless and totally out leveled or anything?
I'm only level 4 right now. And am a Meewee earth scholar.
I want to go but just want to make sure i would be usefull.
Thanks all.
Al

Everyone will be useful. As an earth scholar, you have the heals to help people out. Even a first level Artisan would be helpful. He can jump in front of that Death spell hurtling towards someone (I only say it because I've done it). :)

Yep, 1st level characters make wonderful 1 shot magic armors/spell shields.

I often had my 2nd level Scholar, when I played him, leap in the way of Eviserates or 70 slays (yeah, that's 69 points of wasted slay...).

markusdark said:
Davio,

Many airlines will allow oversized equipment onto the plane - such as snow skis. So if you're looking to bring your polearm, you could put it into a cloth bag and then check it at the counter. You might have to show it and might get some strange looks but it can be sent that way. Had a friend in the IFGS who often transported his 7 foot spear in such a manner.

A lot of regular weapons will fit in a flat-rate Postal Service tube as well, so you can cheaply ship them out to someone close enough to haul them to site for minor bribes.

I might go. It all depends on what the Marines have me doing at the time. Perhaps I can persuade them to let me go?

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Since it isn't listed I feel it's probable safe to assume a date hasn't been picked yet. Correct? How soon might we know the date?

It was listed - Labor Day Weekend 2010, which is Sept 3-6, 2010.

Congrats Paul!

Is this still the plan? I didn't see it on the calendar...

If I am lucky, I might be able to convince my wife to let me spend the money and fly out to the national event this year. :D

Posting the National Event is pending the finalization of Alliance Ohio's schedule-

Nothing is changed with the date we just haven't posted our schedule as we're waiting for a full confirmation from the campsite- we're on their schedule just need to get the paperwork and final signatures down so we know 100% what info to give the rest of the Alliance. It's just the last details we're trying to tie up.

As soon as we can we'll post it- we're hoping to have this info VERY soon and hopefully post everything people need to know about the National Event --

:)

Scott
Alliance Ohio Whipping Boy

w00t! I am very excited for this. :)

:) It will be awesome to figure out how i am going to go to class the day after the event :D:D can you say caffeine pills?

lol, you're going to get home, swear you're going to class, set your alarm, turn it off in your sleep, wake up 4 hours later and go "Oops."

Be very tired, and you won't be the only one. ;)

Brent,

I managed to do that last national event.

Back