National Event 2010!!

I always told my professors that we are given sick days...and I used them. "Hey according to your syllabus, I am allowed 3 unexcused absents." :)

I'm curious, will the In-Game location be Vandlar, because Ohio is hosting it?

Quinn said:
Posting the National Event is pending the finalization of Alliance Ohio's schedule-

Nothing is changed with the date we just haven't posted our schedule as we're waiting for a full confirmation from the campsite- we're on their schedule just need to get the paperwork and final signatures down so we know 100% what info to give the rest of the Alliance. It's just the last details we're trying to tie up.

As soon as we can we'll post it- we're hoping to have this info VERY soon and hopefully post everything people need to know about the National Event --

:)

Scott
Alliance Ohio Whipping Boy

Is the schedule finalized yet?

I'm sorry for being so annoying with asking over and over, but the sooner the dates are set in stone the sooner I can seriously evaluate the cost of airfare and potentially commit to going! :D

Alavatar said:
Quinn said:
Posting the National Event is pending the finalization of Alliance Ohio's schedule-

Nothing is changed with the date we just haven't posted our schedule as we're waiting for a full confirmation from the campsite- we're on their schedule just need to get the paperwork and final signatures down so we know 100% what info to give the rest of the Alliance. It's just the last details we're trying to tie up.

As soon as we can we'll post it- we're hoping to have this info VERY soon and hopefully post everything people need to know about the National Event --

:)

Scott
Alliance Ohio Whipping Boy

Is the schedule finalized yet?

I'm sorry for being so annoying with asking over and over, but the sooner the dates are set in stone the sooner I can seriously evaluate the cost of airfare and potentially commit to going! :D
Ditto.

I thought the dates were already set for the national event. Ohio was just finalizing the site details.

The date was set for us by the Owners/Symposium/National Plot and was announced: Labor Day weekend (September 4-6).
The event will be in Dover, OH

We had a conflict with our April and June events which have held up our "official" schedule while we search for another date/camp. Our remaining schedule was posted on the Ohio Website (www.alliancelarpohio.net) for our players to plan ahead. As soon as we fix our April/June events the "official Alliance calender update" email will be sent to Mike V.

Dates have been picked for those two events based off the availability given to us by our favorite camp. It shouldn't be more than a few days to get on their schedule.

Nonetheless:
National: Labor day weekend in Dover Ohio.

Thanks Quinn!

I was curious about the Page policy at this event: what is the minimum age for players there?
Where we are (Oregon & Seattle) 8 years is the minimum, so my son has been playing since his 8th birthday last year.
Could he play at the National Event?

Thanks,

DougC

Quinn said:
The date was set for us by the Owners/Symposium/National Plot and was announced: Labor Day weekend (September 4-6).

So, the National Event is only a normal weekend long? :( That will make justifying the cost difficult.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

Alavatar said:
Quinn said:

So, the National Event is only a normal weekend long? :( That will make justifying the cost difficult.

Oh well. Maybe next year.

I just looked at the Ohio calendar and it notes the event as Sept. 3 - 6, which conflicts with the above statement of Sept. 4 - 6. Since Sept. 3rd is a Friday, is it safe to assume that the dates on the Ohio calendar are correct? And that the event is a long weekend? :D

Yeah sorry i posted the dates from memory.

From what I was told, and scheduled, the event is on a holiday weekend and will run from friday night to MONDAY as a long event.

Sorry about that... 4-6 is 3 days (4, 5, 6) ... just didn't include friday night :)

Yea, it is a long weekend. Same weekend, same length as the last one gosh, already two years ago if memory serves.

Some people may not have been around two years ago. Just sayin' :)

Just found out that my girlfriend had purchased as a surprise for me round trip tickets to Philly for the national event - since I had told her it was at Faire Play. Now I gotsa go find a donut to sit on from the chewin' out she gave me...

true true, time just starts going by faster and faster...

It does say at the top of this thread when this was posted the initial dates and chapter location...

That is very contrary to what happened at the last National event, IIRC.
If you're not national event staff, please don't make assumptions like that.
If you are national event staff, please indicate such when you post from that position.

Back