National Event

Hi,

I'm just curious if the idea's ever been brought up... for the National Event - to have the host site rotate every year, like the "All Star Game" does in sports.... that way different chapters can have the chance to shine... to make travel less of a burden year after year... also, to be fair. :)

Rob Sachs

¡oh! i like that! at the very least, maybe a rotating region, so every portion of the country is guaranteed a local, national event every few years

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Hi,

I'm just curious if the idea's ever been brought up... for the National Event - to have the host site rotate every year, like the "All Star Game" does in sports.... that way different chapters can have the chance to shine... to make travel less of a burden year after year... also, to be fair. :)

Rob Sachs

Good idea but you know you can always make your own national event...

Yes, it has been brought up as a possibility and will be discussed more after this year's event is over and planning for next year's begins. I for one am a prpponent of this.

However, one thing to take into consideration is participation. If your chapter doesn't participate in the National Plot Committee (whose only job right now is to run National Events), then it's very likely your chapter won't be hosting a national event. Like almost anything, the more work you put in, the more rewards you will reap.

Scott
Alliance HQ General Manager

<<< However, one thing to take into consideration is participation. If your chapter doesn't participate in the National Plot Committee (whose only job right now is to run National Events), then it's very likely your chapter won't be hosting a national event. Like almost anything, the more work you put in, the more rewards you will reap. >>>

That makes sense to me.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Plus I'd like to point out to be honest who has a facility like what I've heard about the HQ site?

Or the kind of player numbers to fund a monster camp that can support a national-level high speed low drag event. :lol:

So would chapter owners try bringing all their NPC gear to one site, making a massive Monster Camp? How would plot work for a national event? Would the event take place in different IG lands? How long is a National event? lol, sorry for all the questions.

Arkade said:
So would chapter owners try bringing all their NPC gear to one site, making a massive Monster Camp? How would plot work for a national event? Would the event take place in different IG lands? How long is a National event? lol, sorry for all the questions.

1. Probably not!

2. We are setting up a National Plot Committee with members from all chapters. John Finnegan is heading it.

3. Yes, even though it will be held at the Ashbury site, the event will most likely take place in some random neutral place through the mists -- someplace new to explore!

4. Long weekend, through Monday, but probably will have the main plot end on Sunday and just minor plots on Monday so those who have to leave early won't miss much. Since we own the site, it is also possible for people to show up a day early and leave later, but we have to work that out with Faire Play (you may have to pay an extra fee).

To be honest I'm kind of confused about the whole Faire Play site thing. I know that the HQ game owns it right? But then I don't exactly understand what you mean when you have to work out Larp sceduals with the site that you own? I think I'm just missing a piece here. =\

Dreamingfurther said:
To be honest I'm kind of confused about the whole Faire Play site thing. I know that the HQ game owns it right? But then I don't exactly understand what you mean when you have to work out Larp sceduals with the site that you own? I think I'm just missing a piece here. =\

Other way around!

Faire Play owns the Ashbury chapter.

Faire Play also rents the site out to other LARPs and groups that want to use it.

Ah I see. Thanks for that clarification. So who owns Faire Play then? I guess its a seperate larp game promoting company which is sweet I have to admit. =)

<<< So who owns Faire Play then? I guess its a seperate larp game promoting company which is sweet I have to admit. =) >>>

Faire Play, Inc., was formed by several long-time HQ players with the express purpose of purchasing land and building a permanent LARP campsite. The campsite is the permanent home of the HQ chapter, but we also rent out the site to other LARP games.

You check learn more about us at http://www.faireplay.org.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

National Event Update:

We have seated the Alliance Plot Committee.
We have 3 pager (Setting description, Background, etc) in discussion for the National event.
We are planning our first phone call, which will concentrate on event structure and approving/changing the initial plot document.

More information about the event itself by April 1st. Including a blurb for the website.

Some things about the event:

1) The event will take place in-game on a new continent, one used for the National Plot events.
2) You can expect to have a good reason to want to venture there
3) We will be debuting all new villains, monsters, NPC races, etc.
4) You may see some impact in your local games from the actions the players take at the event, if your local chapter wants to add that to their repretoire.
5) No local villains or NPCs will be making guest apperances at the event.

John

Who is on the APC?

Creepshow said:
National Event Update
I think my biggest question is what differentiates the National Event/Plotline/etc. from simply being its own chapter?

Don't get me wrong, the words "National Event" stir the blood and sound cool as hell. I'm not saying "God, this is gonna be lame" or "No WC love, wot?" or anything silly or discouraging like that. But given that it is it's own contained campaign, so to speak, it sounds more like "New chapter" than "National event". The idea of "if your local chapter is willing, you may see some effects from this" doesn't really have the same feel either, since chapters always have the option of running a cross-chapter effect.

Well something I could see happening would be to release a 'major' plot idea at the national event (aka - big baddie comes into being). Then, with the work of the 'national plot', each chapter experiences fallout from his coming into being. Nothing that is major for the local chapters themselves as they have their own plots but something in the background that players can work on. Then, at the next national game, the players from each chapter bring to the game the various facets that they have worked on during the year that, when combined, put the big baddie back in the box.

Not only would this help to 'bring the chapters together' as it were, but it would also have a commonality amongst all of the chapters. That way, if I travel to a chapter on the East Coast, my character will already have a plot hook (helping investigate the big baddie and see what has been done thus far) and feel like I have a reason for being there.

This, of course, would require the help of all chapters - even if it is just one plot person who keeps things moving along.

Oh, and as for no love to the west coast - I don't know about others, but I understand that the East Coast has the concentration of chapters. Add to that the location of the Alliance Fair Play site and, well, needs of the many and all of that rot. ;)

Only an extended weekend? Thats kinda sad... but it makes sence I guess. So, we all know there is going to be one WOOT! Question is now, what do ya'll need? We should probibly start getting stuff around now so we're ready later. I somone could post a list of things, props, packets, weapons, exc... or somthin thated be cool.

Fearless Leader said:
Mark, that is definitely one of the possibilities, as is the opposite -- clues spread out in various chapters before the National event that climax at the event...

Well if it is the opposite, I hope that there will be some sort of identification early on. I'm not someone who likes to be spoonfed plots but my character in SF tends to stay at the tavern and not go off on many adventures. I'd hate to be the only PC from SF (as it is a bit of a trek out there for us but I'm always willing to risk Chapter 11 for a good game :p) and not be carrying our piece of the puzzle. ;)

Back