National Event???

Togashin

Scholar
I hate to be the first person to ask about this, but is there still going to be a national event?

Ryan

It's on the event calendar for Labor Day weekend.

I'm looking for more details about it then just the date.

Who's running it and who's heading up the plot.

Which will be when? It seems like the details should have been figured out by now.
And i've heard a rumor about who the new head of plot is for the event, could that be announced?

Ryan,
I am sure Mike and the rest of the committee are working out the details, and want to make sure everything is set before making announcements. Please be patient with them.

-Alison

Renee the Alliance Chairperson will post up all information. The committee is currently working out the plot and treasure so we ask for patience in any annoucements.

Togashin said:
Which will be when? It seems like the details should have been figured out by now.
And i've heard a rumor about who the new head of plot is for the event, could that be announced?

The "When" is listed in the calendar.

Ryan,

I am not sure if you realize this or not but a little over a month ago John Finnegan passed away very unexpectedly. He was the HoP for the National Event, the Chairman of the Alliance, the Head of Plot for NJ, a husband, brother, son, and best friend to a whole lot of people. He did an incredible amount for this Alliance and when he died he left behind a very large void. Since then there have been very good people who have stepped up to the plate to volunteer to take on roles that John filled. These individuals had to go through a process before they were granted their positions. This process takes time as you want to make sure the right person not only has the time and energy for the job but also has the vision and the passion to make it come to life and keep it going.

I know that it may seem that four weeks is more than enough time for these things to be hammered out, but also keep in mind that this is a volunteer organization and all of us have jobs, real life families, and many of those who actively worked with John were really close to him and also needed time to mourn and remember their friend.

I look back at it all and I am amazed that it was just four weeks ago. So as Ali has asked, please be patient. Information will be forthcoming. I know it is being worked on. But when all parties are ready to announce these things they will--and it will probably have all the information that a premature announcement wouldn't have and you would be right back here asking questions and annoyed that they weren't included in the original announcement.

We are all friends so let's be supportive... show our enthusiasm but wait patiently until we hear all the grand news.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Togashin said:

The "When" is listed in the calendar.

I was asking when the announcement would be.

Jessica,
I apologize for seeming pushy on this subject. I do know John was the head of plot for the national event.
With that said, the last announcement that was made was that it's a maybe. I just wanted to know if it was still going to happen.

Ryan

The national event is still going to happen and we (the plot committee) are working on the details of the event. With in the next few weeks please expect a post with a blurb for the event and other important details about character transfering,payment information, magic items etc. As well as possibly a props/donations list.

-Renee Iovino
Alliance Chair

Thank you.

Togashin said:
Jessica,
I apologize for seeming pushy on this subject. I do know John was the head of plot for the national event.
With that said, the last announcement that was made was that it's a maybe. I just wanted to know if it was still going to happen.

Ryan

It's all good Ryan... I may just be overly sensitive to the whole thing too. I just wanted you to understand why there had not have been an announcement yet and provide some context to the situation.

It is exciting though... been a while since we had a National event and I admit I am quite psyched about it. I am debating if I want to NPC or PC. Are you planning on coming out too? Where do you hail from?

Aven said:
I am debating if I want to NPC or PC.

It will definitely be PC for me, but which one? Kalaji seems a good choice as long as there will be plenty of Oasi. However, if enough of my newfound Stone Elf brethren from these forums will be attending I might have to see how many of us we can manage to get there!

I was thinking Ciaarah... and bringing the pies. Of course if we get a lot of people... then that means a lot of work prior to the event. Ugh! However, the Jersey season is short so I only have 2 events to make pies for, so maybe I will still have the energy to make 20+ 5" individual pies.

Who knows... or I may NPC. Choices, choices!

I PC in Chicago, Traverse City, and Southern Michigan.
And as of a couple weeks ago i am offically head of logistics for Chicago.

I plan on atending and helping via npc'ing and such.

Ryan

Awesome Ryan. NPCing is so much fun, especially at the Faireplay site. And congrats on the logistics gig. It is a thankless job but we all love you for it!

Aven said:
I was thinking Ciaarah... and bringing the pies. Of course if we get a lot of people... then that means a lot of work prior to the event. Ugh! However, the Jersey season is short so I only have 2 events to make pies for, so maybe I will still have the energy to make 20+ 5" individual pies.

Who knows... or I may NPC. Choices, choices!

Short NJ season is what makes me lean toward Kalaji. I didn't get to play him at all last year.

Togashin said:

Perhaps you didn't notice that the man responsible for it has died.

That put us in a bit of an unsual situation, and many of us were (and still are) in a bit of a shock and mourning.

Please try to understand.

Fearless Leader said:
Togashin said:

Perhaps you didn't notice that the man responsible for it has died.

That put us in a bit of an unsual situation, and many of us were (and still are) in a bit of a shock and mourning.

Please try to understand.

Thanks for reading my reply to Jessica in which i apologized.

Back