National Event???

So...uh...this may be a dumb question, but is the national event at the Fairplay site?

No such thing as a dumb question eh? I accept your challenge!

But in seriousness, thank you. I'll be on the lookout.

Here's the event blurb:

"Sand, Sheiks and Shackles" (Long Weekend) Pleas for help distantly sound throughout the mists: A call for prophecied heroes to liberate an ancient land. Or is it a plot by a mysterious race of conquerors to escape The Hourglass Prison? Can the combined strengths of warriors from across Fortannis hope to prevent the destruction of their own lands? Can these heroes muster the courage to break the bondage of the peoples? Will prophecy be fullfilled?

More details coming soon!

Is that second word supposed to be "shrieks" or "shiekhs"? One letter can change a lot.

Fearless Leader said:
Here's the event blurb:

"Sand, Shieks and Shackles" (Long Weekend) Pleas for help distantly sound throughout the mists: A call for prohecied heroes to liberate an ancient land. Or is it a plot by a mysterious race of conquerors to escape The Hourglass Prison? Will the combined strenghts of warriors from across Fortannis hope to prevent the destruction their own lands? Can these heroes muster the courage to break the bondage of the peoples? Will prophecy be fullfilled?

More details coming soon!

Sand?

Sheiks?

Shackles?

Warriors from across the world liberating an ancient land?

The possibility of a conspiracy by a bunch of power mad conquerors?

I think I'm LIVING that event right now. ;)

**poof** Whaddya need?

I'm near S.F., Mike, you want me to drop by his house and ask him to sign up?

I'm sure he's got time.

:)
ChrisO

Death the lamp! DEATH THE LAMP!!!

Yup that's the part that sucks about being a bottled dragon mage. Phenomenal cosmic power....

...itty bitty living space.

With less than two months away from this event, I was curious if there should be any submissions of player backgrounds and/or what you're character or group is planning on doing at the game. I'm not sure of the structure of the storyline for the event but Nigel often finds the nearest Inn and looks for a job bartending. I wanted to know if this type of info is something you'd like sent - if any is to be sent at all.

Maxondaerth said:
Yup that's the part that sucks about being a bottled dragon mage. Phenomenal cosmic power....

You sure you don't mean being a sanitation engineer in NYC?

On the topic of the national event, is the goal still to have pieces of the plotline distributed amongst the assorted chapters' events prior to the actual shindig?

jpariury said:
Maxondaerth said:

You sure you don't mean being a sanitation engineer in NYC?

On the topic of the national event, is the goal still to have pieces of the plotline distributed amongst the assorted chapters' events prior to the actual shindig?

Actually, it looks like it might go more the other way -- things that will happen at the national event will spread outwards to the campaigns.

Out of curiosity, if you NPC for the national, what chapter does it count for? Whatever your home chapter is?

You would get credit towards your character same as NPC'ing for any other chapter in the Alliance. There will be a sign in sheet for you to specify your character/home chapter. Same goes for PCing. You will get the build the same as if you played an event in any other chapter in the Alliance.

-Renee

Back