National Event???

Dragon Stamps are similar to goblin stamps with the exception that to be awarded dragon stamps your work as a volunteer has to benefit the entire Alliance rather than just one chapter. For example, submitting a rules proposal that finds its way into the game permanently, or creating a poster for the Alliance to use as advertisement.There are exceptions on a case by case basis where a player has been awarded dragon stamps for going above and beyond for an owner as a volunteer and has been awarded dragon stamps instead of goblin stamps in that chapter.Essentially it is an award that is given from the entire Alliance to a player rather than an owner to a volunteer for one chapter. Dragon Stamps are used to create temporary magic items,event blanket and monthly dragon blanket a character .

For the National event, players will be awarded for participating at this event because it is on a national level. Players will also be awarded dragon stamps for donations to the National Event for items such as special props that will be needed etc. A more detailed list for requests of props will be posted soon. I PROMISE!

-Renee
Alliance Chair

What would the price be to just PC one or two days?

To those running the national event.

I have volunteered to run desk/help run desk for the national event. I remember Brian said I should talk to someone....I think Alex Perez (sp) in advance so if there is any organizational things or what not that I need to do, let me know.
--bill
Caldaria Staff (monster desk)
Caldaria Rules Marshal

We have not forgotten about you Bill!! PM me your e-mail address so I can keep you in the loop.

-Renee

If it would be of any help, I'm a Nationally Registered EMT. I typically bring my kit to events with me and act as a medic on site if there is need, and would be more than happy to do so at the National Event.

I'll try to get Cortni to get in touch with you. She's HQ's EMT and can tell you better what equipment we have on site. I know we have a couple of bags but I'm not too familiar with what's in them or what needs to be restocked. I do know we have a few tanks of oxygen and I've seen at least two backboards. To my recollection though the site does NOT have an AED.

Right now I'm not sure I'll make the event, but I'm also AED/CPR/First Responder, so if I"m there feel free to tap me if needed.

jnelson said:
If it would be of any help, I'm a Nationally Registered EMT. I typically bring my kit to events with me and act as a medic on site if there is need, and would be more than happy to do so at the National Event.

Joy is Chicago's Safety Coordiator and our EMT she's done a great job so far as long as ive played with her all the way back to my wee days. I would strongly endorse her to be given that role for the national event. I know I'd feel much safer knowing she's here to take care of us should the need arise.

Paul

Fearless Leader said:
Togashin said:
What would the price be to just PC one or two days?

Same thing, because you will still get a blanket and a half for the event.

Even if you NPC'd the other day or days?

Hi Ryan,

Typically when you want to PC you have to pay the full event price regardless if you also plan to NPC. The reason for this is because you are "paying" for the right to play your PC. For those that can't afford to pay the event price, there is always NPCing for the full event. It is a lot of fun and you can hang out with me :)

However, if you can afford it, I highly recommend PCing -- what I have heard thus far really is exciting and some of our best Alliance plot minds are working together to bring forth an event that won't be forgotten. If I wasn't engaged to the Head of Plot for the National Event and didn't want to see him for the next three weeks then I would PC.

Hope to see you all there on one side or the other.

Jessica

And if you end up NPCing, you get to hang out with some of the most badass people in all of Alliance. You know, just sayin'. :D Not that I'm partial to my fellow NPCs or anything, of course not..

When can we expect preregistration guidelines? Will LCO items be allowed, and if so - how many?

Policies for magic item transfers, production, labs use...etc will be posted by this weekend.

Justin H-

Aven said:
Hi Ryan,

Typically when you want to PC you have to pay the full event price regardless if you also plan to NPC. The reason for this is because you are "paying" for the right to play your PC.

Yes, true. The reasons for this policy are thus:

1. People can actually pay-no-play where you pay for an event and not come but still get the blanket. It's sort of like as if you had donated something, gotten goblin stamps, and used the goblin stamps to blanket the event. And, after all, how is that different than someone paying to attend who sits in their cabin all weekend and does nothing? By not attending, you don't get any fun (or treasure).

2. We don't want to come up with some sort of sliding scale where we would then have to keep track of when each player arrived and when they left. If we give you a discount for leaving at 6 pm on Sunday, would someone who left at 8 pm get a different discount? How about the one who leaves the next morning? Or the person who shows up late? Would someone get a discount for going off site for dinner since they weren't there? You see the pandora's box this opens? We don't want to install a time clock!

Fearless Leader said:
paythin said:
Policies for magic item transfers, production, labs use...etc will be posted by this weekend.

Justin H-

We're having a meeting on Saturday and will post all the policies soon after.

Thanks!

Fearless Leader said:
paythin said:

Justin H-

So, what's the good word? Any news from the meeting? :)

Stoneskull_Rockfist said:
Fearless Leader said:
paythin said:

Justin H-

So, what's the good word? Any news from the meeting? :)

Renee should be posting the policies soon (I hope!)

Back