New player

If you have a black beanie for keeping your head warm, go for it. You'll also want to bring some kind of white headband - this is used to indicate when you are out of game. It can be a simple swatch of white cloth or an athletic sweatband - doesn't really matter as long as it is obviously white. :)

Sounds good! So I got my blacks, headband, pouchs/belt and I broke down and waiting on my coat and cloak lol. Should be g2g

Word! We look forward to having you! Feel free to hit us with any additional questions you may have as they pop up. :)

Is there a guide or am I just missing it on shield creation and specs? The pics look like maybe a piece of plywood bordered with pipe foam?

Last edited:
Ok I found what I missed in the rule book but I read to check with your chapter. So is the 531 in total area our rule as well? It seems like all the shields I see in pictures on our Facebook are way bigger? And for where your arm holds the shield what is the best way to do that?

Thanks!

Umm... I'm going to vote a big huge no on goose-poop-water bathing

That said, headware would be Renn Faire hats and wrappings, things like that. Plain black winter hats in cold weather are good, but avoid logos.

David (AGM)

Hi there!

I know I'm late here and I'm sure more than enough people have helped you, but I'm Scott, AGB Head of Rules. If you have any unanswered questions about the rules feel free to PM me.

I usually use steel breastplate, greaves and bracers. While the armor is nice, I would highly suggest going another route. It's very heavy, and it starts to make you ache after a while. It is also likely to bruise you up, and you'll be a lot more tired at the end of the day than you would be with other, lighter, armor. It would also be rather difficult to use with a weapon you had to swing, like a 1h blunt or sword. I use a polearm, so it's less of an issue.

TL;DR: Yeah, you can, and it's nice to have extra armor, but it'll totally mess you up. It's also expensive.

Ya I don't think it's going to happen. It seems hard enough to find something for a 52in chest and I've yet to see anything that big in steel or leather even....

A white headband to denote when you are out of game. preferably a hood of some kind to keep your head warm, if necessary.

Hi there. I do leatherwork and if I can find it may have some leather armor to fit you !!! At least to try on to see if that's what you want. I will be npcing too!!! Just ask for Gerry!!!
I want to try to get there between 530 & 630

Back