New policy - skill sell back

Auric

Administrator
Alliance Owner
The owners have voted to immediately pass a new policy allowing players to sell skills back.

Once per month, per character, a player may remove a skill from their card at the cost of 60gs. Selling back skills does not allow you to violate prerequisite requirements. As such you must sell back those skills first so your character remains “valid”. This must be done at your characters home chapter.

This is designed to allow players to fix slight mistakes, or as characters grow into different paths, allow them to remove skills they no longer use or get benefit from.

** PLEASE NOTE **
Alliance ruleset 2.0 is currently scheduled to be released sometime in Q1 of 2019. When the new rules take effect all players will receive a spirit forge.

Just curious how does this work with profs? If I sell a prof back to I get 4 crit attacks back? or do I get 15 build as a fighter? Also can you downgrade style master into just shield or 2 weapons?

Also this is great and a long time coming. A great move by the powers that be!

Thanks for this, it is really great to finally get rid of old skills or bad choices.

This is amazing! Thanks!

Just curious how does this work with profs? If I sell a prof back to I get 4 crit attacks back? or do I get 15 build as a fighter? Also can you downgrade style master into just shield or 2 weapons?

Also this is great and a long time coming. A great move by the powers that be!

Thanks for this, it is really great to finally get rid of old skills or bad choices.

The whole prof sells back, so while fighters can get a huge chunk of xp back in one swoop when 2.0 comes out it'll be hard to do this with out selling back a decent amount of fighter skills those large profs unlocked.

Last edited:
Can we do this for the previous three months, too?

Thanks Chris for that clarification. Same then I take it for a channeling pool? Or do you have to sell back it one at a time? Same with formals I take it?

Thanks Chris for that clarification. Same then I take it for a channeling pool? Or do you have to sell back it one at a time? Same with formals I take it?

You don't "sell back" a skill with channeling and formal purchases, like with profs or backstabs, so those would sell back one at a time.

Can we do this for the previous three months, too?

Right now it's just once per month. There was some worry about passing this originally.

I'd encourage you to talk to your owner to amend the text if you think 3 months back would be better.

So to be clear, if I had 5 profs (and no other fighter skills) and wanted to have 0 profs, it'd take 5 uses of this (at 60gs per) over 5 months to get rid of all 5?

Note that this does not affect the existing Spirit Forge ritual. Overall, if you want to do a significant change of your character, you really should consider a full Spirit Forge option. This is more intended to allow characters to tweak/"fix" skills that don't really fit the concept anymore.

I mean, sure, you *can* do a full Spirit Forge over many months and many GS if that's what you want to, but that may be looking a little outside the intention of this change...

-Bryan

I was just trying to clarify if "remove 1 skill" meant "sell back 1 purchase of a 1 skill" or "remove all purchases of a single skill modulo keeping a valid character". IE, if I have 5 ranks of craftsman, is it one use of this or 5 uses of this to get rid of all 5?

(edited for clearer wording)

Question, why would selling back of a prof free up 15 build when it should bring you to 4 crit attacks? If it's one skill and its going in reverse order, shouldn't it put the skill down to 4 crit attacks?

I would like to point out that I play a templar and like that it frees up 15 build in one shot. I just wanted to make sure. Dont know if it was discussed with the owners and this is the intent.

Question, why would selling back of a prof free up 15 build when it should bring you to 4 crit attacks? If it's one skill and its going in reverse order, shouldn't it put the skill down to 4 crit attacks?
The whole prof sells back, so while fighters can get a huge chunk of xp back in one swoop when 2.0 comes out it'll be hard to do this with out selling back a decent amount of fighter skills those large profs unlocked.

Not an answer as we r still in 1.3 and its 2018

Probably because the idea of making a Prof require five months and 300 GS to sellback is ridiculous, I assume.

When you buy a prof now, you sell back the 4 crits you had to buy as pre-reqs. So, selling back a prof should net you 15 build, because that is the skill you are selling back. Similarly, when you sell back, say, weapon master, you would sell back the whole skill, and have to re-buy a weapon skill, because you sell those skills back when you purchase weapon master.

I love this idea, but my question has to do with the new database. Will it be letting logistics people remove 1 skill at a time? Because as of now we can only spirit forge.

Back