Newbie needs help

If you're champing at the bit to try out Alliance, the Seattle chapter is having an event the weekend of 11/9-11/11. The site is actually closer to you than the OR site in February. As Matt suggested, you could NPC your first game, which is free, and if you let plot@alliance-seattle.com know you're coming by tomorrow, you can get in on the NPC meal plan: $15 for food the whole weekend. That way, you could get an idea of how it feels to play different styles, and wouldn't have to have your costuming and build ready by then. There's a lot of player crossover between these two games. That is, nearly all of the posters in this thread will be there. It should be a lot of fun.

As for being a human, well, some of my best friends are humans. Take Adam up on emailing oregonplot@gmail.com to work out your background. Often your character's background can help shape which personality aspects you want to explore for him. Everyone's PC has something of themselves in it, otherwise we wouldn't be able to play them and make decisions for them for the entire weekend. I personally find it rewarding exploring the differences and similarities between my PC's personality and my own.

I just sent my character history to the plot commity.

Tell me what ya think :D

My name is Zabran Grimm, I grew up on a small farm, owned by my father Warren Grimm. My mother, Evelyn Grimm, taught me how to read and write. That led me to start reading the few books we had around the house. I started dreaming of a far off place slaying dragons, hunting demons, and meeting other heroes who fought by my side who I called friend. I stared practicing with a "sword" it was really just a stick, but I imagined fighting monsters wielding a mighty sword. One fate full night, three men, I don't know who, broke into our home. They demanded all our money and food. My mother refused to give them what they wanted, and they took her away. My father tried to stop them, he never stood a chance. I was powerless, and my father was injured. They burned the farm down. That being the only source of income and our home, we lost everything. Every day I wonder if I could have saved her if only I was stronger. I try hard every day to make my self stronger so that I won't fail next time, and hopefully find her someday. Before that dark night, I had never left the farm. At that point my father enlisted in the army as a low ranking soldier. I worked odd jobs to pay for food and such. One day I received a letter. It stated that my father was missing in action. He simply disappeared. I believe he is searching for my mother. After saving enough money, I decided to start my own quest, to become stronger. I bought some durable clothes and a sword, who would be my companion during the long lonely nights ahead. My life starts now...

I love that dragon costume in the video :D
Pretty epic...

What kinda made it not that great were all the people standing around...
Were you short on NPCs? The monsters seemed a bit out numbered...
I think a good example is when the dragon attacks that guy who has no clue there's a dragon behind him...

If I can make it to the event in Seattle, I might need a ride...
I'll plan on being an NPC. Oh and do goblin points or whatever, do those transfer?
ALSO! I have to leave Saturday nights if its a three day event. I have things on Sunday that need done. actually every Sunday every week of every year. I think my parents could pick me up if no one else is leaving around the same time as me.

Hope I can go! :D

Human, eh? All black, you say? Not a fan of gypsies as well?

This will be fun. :twisted:

-Seth
The gypsy that hates humans, especially ones in all black.

P.S. I also recommend e-mailing Adam at the plot e-mail for backstory advice and help. He is great at it and can help you flesh out your backstory beyond a paragraph (such as where you're from, what jobs you may have had, what military your dad enlisted in, who took your mom (because there are lots of good reasons/organizations in the games' setting), why and how you ended up at the place where we PCs are now congregating, etc.). Having a good background really helps you feel like your character is more than just some stats and a concept, plus you have more knowledge of the campaign setting then. After working with Plot you may even have some information that is valuable that you can bring in to the experienced veterans. :)

My character has an irrational fear of gypsies... (thinks there insane, and )
thinking of adding that to my history.
example

On my way to (wherever my first event will be) a man stopped me on my way out...
"So yer finally leavin'... well a word of advice."
"Look out for gypsies... There known to be crazy! and they'll hex ya if your not careful!"
I had never met a gypsy before, and this man made me not want to ever really encounter one...

Hows that??
there's some truth to this... :mer:
I'm fearful of boisterous and energetic people... (no offense)
Partly because I'm very quiet and can't keep up...
My character and I will learn to deal with this.

Muh ha ha ha! Fear of Gypsys eh! That sounds like a challenge to me! A challenge for me to get you to like Gypsys!

You're probably the best for the job, as Vavarick. I have to say. :)

Excellent. I'll meet you then. And try to convince you that gypsies aren't only insane. I'm on the logistics team, so you'll check in with me when you get on site. :D You should definitely check out Seattle's more active boards (http://www.alliance-seattle.com/forums/) and come say hi there.

ZackeryBranham said:
If I can make it to the event in Seattle, I might need a ride...
I'll plan on being an NPC. Oh and do goblin points or whatever, do those transfer?
ALSO! I have to leave Saturday nights if its a three day event. I have things on Sunday that need done. actually every Sunday every week of every year. I think my parents could pick me up if no one else is leaving around the same time as me.

If you end up needing a ride to Seattle, the best way to get the word out is to post on the Seattle boards and be sure to let people know where you need to be picked up and what time you can leave. http://www.alliance-seattle.com/forums/index.php

Goblin points do not transfer between different chapters but generally the rewards you can buy with those points do transfer. For example, with goblin points you can get an extra "day" of experience once a month called a "blanket". This translates into extra build for your character and the character, of course, transfers to other chapters.

Most of our events are either "gamedays" which are one day games or "two day" weekend events which go from about 8pm Friday nights till about noon on Sunday mornings. Unfortunately for your ride situation, most people stay on site until about 3pm on Sunday so that they can help clean up the site we rent.

Back