Noble Dinner Invitation

Cory Walker

Scholar
[A young man wearing the colors of the Elorian Empire of deep green and burgundy, and posts the following on the job board]

Lord Sunseeker, Ruling Councilman of the Elorian Empire invites the following to a private late meal of soup, bread, and wine on the night of November the 4th to discuss nobility:

-Baron Havok Earthstrider
-Baroness Ahlana Antaro Silverbane
-Sir Nyio Sorn
-Lady Pebbles
-Sir Robert Karstark
-Land Baron Pyke
-Nefarious Queen Saro
-Lady Gwen Sudicar

Formal attire and table manners is requested and expected of any noble. It is requested that no armor or weapons be brought to said gathering, unless those tied to their spirits, in which case should be peace bonded.

Lord Sunseeker requests that if any others claim to have claims to nobility and are not the fore mentioned parties, that they speak up now with their title and name or face punishment of impersonating a noble. Those whom speak up shall be invited to this private gathering.

Lord Sunseeker wishes it be known that failure to attend will mean forfeit the chance to verify any titles in the eyes of the Elorian Empire.

I would like to respectfully point out that the title "Nefarious Queen" that the elf called Saro provided the Good Sheriff with was, in fact, coined offhandedly by a Fey of no notable status in the Fey Court. Should the empire deem fit to recognize such a title, bearing no lands or noble bequeathing, it is certainly not my place to say otherwise, I only wish to clarify, as I was there as a witness when the Fey in question called her a "Nefarious Queen".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect Velanaus you should not speak about nobility with such disrespect. While I have come to accept that many may not accept my title due to the secrecy of my people, it does not give you the right to belittle my title. In the beginning I did try to keep my status under wraps, however, after the Fey outing me and many others treating it very casually, I decided it would be fine for all to know. Since my lands are very far away and kept in secret I decided it would not put my people at risk with the other adventurers knowing.
Vel, even if you are not impressed by my Nefarious title or simply do not believe I would still be sitting at the table as I am currently serving under a king as a Knight. I thought it may be fun and did not find any issue with it as my people are many lands away.
Vel I am not sure of the reason for this outburst, perhaps it is jealousy? I will it pass this time, however as you know I am at the end of my rope with your outbursts of idiocy. I will not allow such an attack on me next time.
With Love,
The Nefarious Queen Saro
First Knight of Zhool.
Founding member of Heroes of The Haven

Nefarious Queen Saro,

With all due respect, please allow me to correct you in that you are the Goblin King Zhool's Second Knight, after Aragon, the Silver Knight of Zhool. Next, I would point out that Aragon, the First Knight of Zhool, has not been invited, and also that Goblins are not, to my knowledge, covered under the list of sentient races of these lands, nor are they protected under Eloria's laws, therefore I doubt Zhool's authority will be recognized by the Elorian Empire, though obviously I cannot and do not suppose to speak for them.

To answer the second half, this is not an outburst. I am calmly pointing out a fact to the best of my knowledge, as you yourself have admitted that the title, "Nefarious Queen", held no significance to an actual noble title, and that you simply liked it. Furthermore, it is not out of jealousy or ill intent that I have brought this matter to light, as impersonating a noble is a very serious offense in the lands of Eloria, and should it have been discovered after the title "Nefarious Queen" was possibly recognized that it was farcical and based upon simple conjecture, you may have been subject to serious punishment under the laws of Eloria. This would also, in turn, damage the trust between the Elorian Empire and the Adventurers as a whole, and not to mention you, yourself. In the event that it is dismissed beforehand, however, it is possible that charges of impersonating a Noble will not be brought up against you, as it was a matter of ignorance.

Finally, even in the event that you are, indeed, the Nefarious Queen of some secret group of people who exist in a completely different land, which in two hundred years of travel I, and every other adventurer, never came across even though you claim they had residence in the lands we resided in, AND after having been a complete amnesiac for the entire duration you have been a part of the adventurers, I STILL fail to see the pertinence of such a title here. Bear in mind that the other Barons, Ladies, and Knights that are attending the meeting have all obtained their titles or had them officially acknowledged within the adventuring community itself, henceforth why they are pertinent to these lands, as the adventurers have taken up residence in these lands. These people you claim to rule do not seem to exist here, and so on those grounds, it stands to reason that the title holds no bearing and is, in fact, not recognizable as a Noble title. Noble titles in particular are mainly given to individuals with a corresponding responsibility; they are not a silly caveat to place in front of one's name on paper or for introduction. It is for that reason that I introduce myself as Velnaeus, instead of Velnaeus Xevaz, the First Seeker. It is certainly a title, and it is accurate, but it holds no pertinence to those who are not otherwise acquainted with the Seekers, as we are a more or less secretive Order, just as you have claimed the people you rule to be.

Should you wish to call yourself "The Nefarious Queen Saro", that is entirely your business, disregarding the fact that calling yourself a Queen is essentially demanding respect from those around you. However, it is another matter should you try to claim some level of authority within the Adventuring community or Eloria itself without having earned such a privilege from the pre-existing nobles of either party.

Sincerely,

Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seekers.

Seeker, there is a time and place for this matter, and a public dreaming is not it.

-Fredrick

Aragon was fired. I am the first knight of Zhool.

Also Zhool is not a goblin.

Frederick,

On the contrary, I believe now was the exact time such a thing should be brought up. Regardless, however, as The Nefarious Queen Saro, First Knight of Zhool, obviously wishes to proceed with her claims, I shall say no more, and wash my hands of this.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seekers.

Lord Sunseeker requests that if any others claim to have claims to nobility and are not the fore mentioned parties, that they speak up now with their title and name or face punishment of impersonating a noble. Those whom speak up shall be invited to this private gathering.

Lord Sunseeker wishes it be known that failure to attend will mean forfeit the chance to verify any titles in the eyes of the Elorian Empire.

I am sure that my name was accidently left off the list, and as such I will state my name and honorably earned titles here as to not forfeit them in the eyes of the Elorian Empire.

I am Liddia FallingStar
Lady of Argo's Rest and Mistress of Mushroom Hallow
Matron of the White Hand
Warden of Truth

I am a Knight from the land of Wayside, a land through the mists. I frequently travel to Eloria to adventure and to aid in anyway I can. I would like to attend this dinner if a space is available for a foreign noble.

Ser Foss Siril
Baronial Knight of Wayside

Quinn,
What lands do you speak of. As I am the only land baron as of right now on the island of Ardic (yet un solidified).
Which lands do you speak of that you own in eloria. I also have claim to other lands on another island.

Pyke

I was unaware any OEF member had come to this land. Of course I am well aware that OEF has claims to lands in King Clauses's lands but these are not those.

Then again apparently just declaring you have a title is all it takes these days. Funny I always thought you should earn it. Maybe that is why I do not actually like most nobles- I had thought it was a sad truth of the path I once walked because of my race but now perhaps I see more clearly.

Kit

I think this meeting is to declare those with proper titles and those who don't. I as a land baron hold no claim of nobility in my mind. I will do my share with my clan to prove my nobility within.
I will do my best to show the respect to those who claims prove right amongst the empire as I represent the Mala'kari everywhere I go.

Pebbles would like to say dat pebbles is just pebbles, Dar no Lady in front of it. Pebbles not noble. Pebbles maybe try to get dhere Someday but it not yet. If still want pebbles Dar, days fine. But pebbles not noble.

I wanna apologize for being rude earlier. I feel bad. We all know I am not a queen with any people, just more accurately the queen of nowhere. But I am a real knight of Zhool and I ask people to respect that. I know we all have various feelings about Zhool but he's not a goblin and he hasn't harmed anyone.Also I am still going to eat soup and bread in nice clothes.
With Love,
Saro

The empire takes impersonating a noble very serious so leave nothing to the imagination as they will askew it horrible. As Zhool may not have any presence in the empire or even a outlaw for all we know. Be warned saro that it may turn on you to be associated with Zhool. But I hope that is not the case.

Pyke
HOTH. member of Aira'yen clan of the Mala'kari.

The knight wrote me down as a jester. It's okay.

Saro

Regardless, Saro, it was very mature to read the situation and correct yourself on this important matter. I thank you for your consideration of Ardic as a whole.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, Of the Seekers.

So dis must mean Ara is not the Warlord anymore. Dats okay cause I don't like soup, or wine, or boring talking. Pebbles, it's good dat we aren't Ladies and Warlords. Nothing would ever get done if we had to sit around looking at our shoes all day. While dey talk and soup, we will hunt and prepare for duh long winter ahead.

-ARA

Last edited:
Back