OCT Favorites

I had lots. Normally, I don't do favorites but there were a few here I wanted to jot down for prosperity.

--Tedd Collins as Dagger-Eye Guy. Joaquinn done made him listen once to something he didn't want to hear. Ever since, the aptly named 'Terror Thrill', has been looking at me like I was the undead walking around pretending to be a citizen. And I know Tedd has no lack of gumption or skill to actually do it.

--Arcane Paranoia. Due to an earlier encounter I was led to believe Baron Ivan may have been responsible for getting me into a lot of trouble. When the paranoia went off I managed to make my way inside his ward while he was getting dressed and conducted my investigation. That will forever be a favorite encounter of mine.

--Muck-Head Mod. 5 enter. 8 magic armors. 10 tons of slays and evicerates. 2 Obliterations. 5 actually manage to leave. Never let anyone tell you that a shield and bless won't make the difference between a life and death.

--Acceptance onto the Court of the Ash Forest! I get to play with Missy! And a Rock Star!

--Artifact Spear Mod. We are all discussing the runes written everywhere when Dharlassia points out, "What about those Guardians of Forever? They swing Death!"
Joaquinn, "Kainen, would you please?
Kainen in a Can, <begins swinging spree from the safety of a Golem>
Dharlassia, "Woah, now that is sexy. Alright, now what about these runes..."

--Jesse H. This guy has been Alliance Awesome all year long. He plays 3 PC's in 4 Different Chapters, NPC's, writes plot, marshalls, donates everywhere, gives rides in a Big Yellow Bus, gave up parking space because its actually a tank not a bus and... he's an owner. Woah. Did I mention he is also married to a goddess? Yeah, this guy actually lives 32 hour days or something.

--Vex Squad! Looking good as always. Rescuing the Baron. Laying down the law. Killin' the Undead. Cousin Drake with Caulron Breaker. Never thought this team idea would go so far and be so well received.

--6 man meat grinder mod - turned - town encounter. I loved that so much. Those 4 NPC's managed to entertain nearly half the town with that module. And its awesomeness was the perfect prelude to what could be my favorite encounter of all time...

--CROSS CHAPTER PLOT FOR THE WIN!!! In a few days I get to chase Emilio and Hadley through the mists to NH!
Emilio, "If you have a Destroy set on you I am going to be really impressed"
Joaquinn, "Prepare to be impressed"

Thank you all at HQ for a great season. Thank you NPC's for making it all possible. Fairdale is growing to be something beyond our expectations.

Come to NH and dispense justice with me this weekend,

--Chazz

Brain's now starting to work to the point where I can actually remember specific moments.

The moment when the Morfangs rolled into the Tavern; and Amaranthus comes walking through the doorway and Connor takes off after him like a shot and prisons him into the ground, while Larkin finally catches up to him to get him by the scruff of the neck. "Control Werewolf by voice, Sit DOWN!"

The long discussion between Larkin and the nobility; and watching the moral dilemma on their faces. The continual self cast pins and binds.

"Muckheads coming...Muckhead's coming...run and Hide...." *headtilt*

Somehow managing to scare people enough to leave a GIANT treasure chest in the middle of the room....the mod team finally coming back with it, and the awesome RP encounter afterword.

I probably have more, but right now I'm still at work. Doing work.

-Ali

Ooh, just thought of another one...

The hold is called for the NPCs to get into place in the circle, and as they run down the hill, the PCs greet them with the Rocky theme. I feel the love.

ok Favs for Sryah, in order of appearence:

-getting given the keys to Ivan's cell, really aven i feel the love.
- my name scribbled on the floor in the cell, whoever thought of that just wanted to make me cry, and eric you are amazing
-Um.. reuniting with my true love in the circle and crying in his arms, and making everyone else want to cry
-getting Ivan drunk in his cabin and him conducting business after when he was sloshed
-playing healer's guild mistress all night, omg joquin shut up!!! but essentially being the keeper of the warmth
-The Discord mod... such distrust turned to such friendship.. really awesome writing for the weekend
-leaving in the carriage with Ivan and going to spend the winter in Blythedale!

Thanks so much for to all the people who made this weekend possible, Eric you are fantastic! I can't wait to see what happens next with this.

Ok here we go, in no particular order...

Elder Xpano: "So the other elders and council's have been in discusion about this new homestone, and we all acknolage that a new council is needed to guard and develope this new stone. The other import thing is this new council will be able to break ties between hopewell and blood stone. After much thought on the matter, we have decided to place Amaranthus.........and Zatarina in charge of the new council. It is our beleif that their opposite natures will be well suited to guiding the new council."

When I say that is was not on the list of stuff I was ever expecting, I mean like.....wow. Major IG honor for Amar. Now I have a lot of reading on HQ biata to do. Hey, with all the cross chapter plot being thrown around, maybe I can find us allies accross the mist as well.

The look on Obedia's face when Iggy showed him my deed for the first ballista.

The look on Michelle's face when I promised to wait two events before I stated to find ways to abuse having a seige weapon.

Rescuing Ivan. I was worried we were going to find a permed Ivan.

On that note, the RP with Michelle's Saurenumer over the price. Seeing the fist full of gas and knowing that I had something to put on the table more valuable than stack of gasses or gold. The conflic of giving that item up knowing what I was going to use it for.

Working with Qualin.

Talks with Joquin that I will never remember.

Meat grinder and its conclusion. I worked hard to kill emilio. Now he very much beyond my reach. Oh well. at least I may be present if he ever goes down, but it wont be me who does it. Awesome show down at the circle tho, the horror on me on jen's faces as we knew exactly what was going on.

thats all for now. I had a blast, but my mind is always like a siv for favorite moments.
--bill

Let's see...

- Insulting Kaim first thing Friday night by telling him that I thought he had turned to necromancy. Haha. "Memory loss." Pfft. ;)
- Private room with a space heater. Woot! (I freeze so easily.)
- Hot showers.
- The mixed-up puzzle vault mod. ERIC : "Let me give you a hint. Oh wait, you're supposed to have another clue. That's probably why you can't figure it out." Haha.
- Doing serious business with Parduc. Holy inventory, Batman.
- Oh man... When the NPC's were walking down the hill and the Rocky theme commenced. I wish I could have gotten that on video. So funny.
- The ratio of NPC's to PC's. There were a decent amount, but boy howdy did they keep coming like they were a much much larger group of people. Thanks so much!
- Walking down from the Port-a-pots only to have Alli say laughingly OOG, "You probably don't want to look behind you." Totally all of NPC camp rolling up into place behind me.
- Trying to outrun an undead Elissa. Holy crap, that girl can run fast. "50 Slay." Uh, definitely got it.
- The amazing amount of fears being dealt out and all the running and physical roleplay that ensued. I want to be a professional feared-person runner-downer. Who needs the gym?
- Did I say hot showers and having a private room with a space heater? Yes? Awesome.
- Meeting yet another new Kergani. Woot!
- Jelly!
- Getting hit and taken down with Drains. Getting healed. Getting hit with Withers immediately after being healed and dying in the pricker bushes. (Ouch) Having an NPC turn me undead to fight for him. Immediately (and thankfully) getting killed by Will's orc. And then getting a Life Spell thrown at me, just so I prop myself up next to the cabin to wait for everything to wear off, and to finish watching the battle with hopes that nothing else touched me. SOOOO much combat. Holy crap.
- Leaving the site to go home and recuperate, thus ending my first year ever of LARPing.

I can no longer attend events...... because I have won Nero.

At this last weekend, I had three, count 'em, THREE best ever LARPing moments. And I've been LARPing since the 1980's. How do you keep playing once that happens?

And they all revolve in some way or another around Ivan's imprisonment and subsequent rescue, deftly handled by Ali and Michelle (trust your Plot team, people!).

Awesome LARPing Moment #1:
After Ivan is rescued, Sryah cries *real tears* while hugging me so tight I couldn't breathe. Marissa was so deep in character and affected by the moment, it blew me away. Ivan has this idea that he should be first to sacrifice for others, whether it's on the battlefield or simply being charitable; in his mind, he's expendable. He never before considered the idea that he is needed by someone else. Heavy stuff.

Awesome LARPing Moment #2:
Ignatius and Aven stage an intervention to get Ivan to overcome his dependancy on his stick (named "Buh-bee" (thanks, Aurora!)). When they got me alone and Aven stood in front of the door to block me from leaving, I knew they were serious. And I knew what they were up to. I thought OOG that there was no way Ivan was giving up his stick. No freakin' way. I got plans for that stick. But Iggy calmly talks me into letting him hold the stick, saying I can have it back whenever I want. I test him, asking for it back and he gives it to me without hesitation. This goes on for a while as they continue to reassure me that the stick is still mine..... Iggy's just going to hold it for me. Before I realize it, they have lessened Ivan's need for the stick, despite Eric's OOG insistence that they weren't going to talk Ivan out of his stick. I don't know where Brian and Jess learned their technique, but damn, it was really good.

Awesome LARPing Moment #3:
I can't give too many details here (FOIG), but Joquinn's early morning interrogation. Holy crap! And then the mistaken conclusions afterwards were priceless. I can't wait to tell this story when Ivan, Joquinn and Sryah are all dead.... I mean, retired. :)

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The event was jammed with awesome stuff:

* Ivan's Rescue Mod
So much great stuff here.... while waiting for the PCs to get hooked, Ali (as Larkin) and I role-playing being stuck in the dungeon together for over a half-hour.... writing Sryah's name on the cell floor.... Ren examining Ivan's mind and her realizing the dependancy Ivan had on the stick.... punching Kayden when Ivan became conscious.... Ren kneeling to Ivan to make him realize who he was and help get him back to normal (that was key, by the way, as I wasn't really sure OOG what it was going to take to make him snap out of it and then she looks me straight in the eye and kneels respectfully.... wow, great move, Amelia!)

* Ichabod Drake
Seeing Ivan's cousin whom he thought was dead.... enjoying Ichabod's wide-eyed and slightly naive personality.... laughing quietly to myself when Ichabod says that he has never had a drink of alcohol.... realizing that everyone in Fairdale knew he was my cousin and no one telling me that he was in town!

* Morfang Plot
Awesome role-playing by Ali, Tab and Sean.... Rorii handling the "negotiations" and handling it perfectly.... Ali's sexy eyes in those contact lenses!

*Sryah the Warrior Princess
So, Sryah tells Ivan all about how she's been tougher, learning how to handle herself in combat.... Ivan jokingly calls her "Warrior Princess".... some fire ants come wandering by and Ivan steps out to battle, expecting Sryah to stay safely behind the Ward.... before I realize it, Sryah steps out of the Ward behind me and destroys the closest one with a spell.... Whoa! She is a Warrior Princess!

* Dame Azura Drunk
I didn't mean to! Really! I thought you knew that the dwarven ale was a stiff drink! I think she came very close to killing "Blackjack" (Thanos).

* Baron Ivan Drunk
I blame Sryah and Parduc.... that's right, Parduc, I know what you did!

* New Guildmaster
Nathan Westwind rises to the head of the Mage's Guild? AWESOME!

* Team Dark Elf
Okay, so let's see.... you've got two huge guys that stand over 6"2" each.... an intimidating, yet very hot, female.... a serious and calculating "Dagger-eye Guy" who scares the crap outta me with a single stare (that's you, Ted).... who doesn't want to play a dark elf and roll with these guys?

* Awesome Battles
Great, challenging battles with few Holds.... at the end of the event, I watched the last wave battle from the deck and it was unbelievable.... we have such a great group of players who understand how to make the game fun for everyone

There is so much more, but my brain is still fried! Thank you to everyone: PCs, NPCs, Plot members, Staff members, Marshals, Volunteers; for a great season!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Leona said:
Let's see...

- Trying to outrun an undead Elissa. Holy crap, that girl can run fast. "50 Slay." Uh, definitely got it.

That was perhaps my absolute fav for the weekend. It was a beautiful thing:

Zombie me, and one other undead, walking down start of hill between cabins. A fighter PC and an archer PC right there, separated from the main group. We undead start going for fighter when I see the archer is getting ready to do somethi....hang on...I have normal intelligence-ARCHER BRAINZ!!!!! I have to admit, screaming 'Prepare to Die, 50 slay' before getting to a PC, and then catching up and delivering it? Made my lil darkside heart smile.

--Elissa

CROSS CHAPTER PLOT!!! I love when it happens. I went from not wanting to miss a nh halloween event to I better be dead if I'm not there

Meat grinder mod. Started with 6 people, and somehow we got half the town. The switching out of line 1, 2, and 3.

Void in yet another continent and breaking Sun. Screamming at the top of my lungs and running into town demanding a scroll and comps and getting them in a couple of mins. I should really try that with a perm set next time. :lol:

Ren getting paranoid and calling Sun over to warn her of things. Sun figuring out quickly what is going on and thinking to herself "Aw, Ren trusts me"

Rit caster plot! Yippie!

Going into darkness pretty much expecting to fail because we didn't have a steak. Going anyway.

Jelly! Yeah... crazy people can not hug Sun. I mem repel just for occassions like that.

Rocky theme for the npcs, that was great.

Actually realizing that Sun made some money and then spending it all on a balista. Yeah, it's going to be the prettiest seige weapon ever.

"It's going to be blue, with a purple butterfly, and lawgiver for Nordenn, and I'm naming it 'For Garuda'" "You do remember he tried to kill me once, right?"

Henry having a PC who I can actually interact with. :)

"Weakness" "Resist, I can do this all day." "Oh really?" 4 weaknesses later "crap!"

Biata disguises

I'm sure there were more, but my brain is still half fried. See you all next year or while hoping!

Jen

My event weekend was ruined by my windshield. A pebble damaged it on the way up Friday, and it was enough for it to start cracking. Saturday morning is when I noticed a rather large crack (over 6"). By Saturday afternoon it was only getting worse, and I really had no choice but to leave . I was out of there by 4:30PM. Wish I had more time to spend with everyone. :(

Sic vita est.

Gee-Perwin said:
My event weekend was ruined by my windshield. A pebble damaged it on the way up Friday, and it was enough for it to start cracking. Saturday morning is when I noticed a rather large crack (over 6"). By Saturday afternoon it was only getting worse, and I really had no choice but to leave . I was out of there by 4:30PM. Wish I had more time to spend with everyone. :(

Sic vita est.

Sorry about the windshield. At least it was a pebble. At Pinemere several years ago someone driving by the site tossed a beer bottle straight through my front passenger door's window. Glass everywhere and it was Raining/snowinf off and on. A wonderful way to be woken up Saturday morning.

Hey, at least I'm in good company now. :)

I remember that. And we couldn't figure out how it happened until someone (the cop maybe?) found the beer bottle in the back seat.

Abusive rednecks are everywhere....

Telokh_Amdo said:
Gee-Perwin said:

Sic vita est.

Sorry about the windshield. At least it was a pebble. At Pinemere several years ago someone driving by the site tossed a beer bottle straight through my front passenger door's window. Glass everywhere and it was Raining/snowinf off and on. A wonderful way to be woken up Saturday morning.

Hey, at least I'm in good company now. :)

Wow that sucks. Though it reminds me of a time my friend Susan and I were out mudding in her friend's Jeep. We were behind a pick-up on a one lane dirt road and the dude in the truck threw a beer bottle back at us, though I don't think he really was paying attention. She got out, picked up the bottle, drove up next to him and said "You drop this?" tossed it in his cab and sped off. Much less destructive than your story though. :)

Duke Frost said:
I remember that. And we couldn't figure out how it happened until someone (the cop maybe?) found the beer bottle in the back seat.

That's the weird part. The bottle had just the right force and trajectory to go through the front passenger window, pass between the front seats and land in the back seat on the driver's side.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Duke Frost said:

That's the weird part. The bottle had just the right force and trajectory to go through the front passenger window, pass between the front seats and land in the back seat on the driver's side.

"The single bottle theory"

Fearless Leader said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Duke Frost said:

"The single bottle theory"

I remember hearing a bottle launch from the grassy knoll...

Back