October closer favorites!

Jovunn

Adept
Hello and thank you to all our PCs, NPCs, and staff!

Please let us know what you enjoyed most about this month's 2014 closer. We appreciate hearing your feedback both here and through our customer service feedback survey, which will go out later this month. Thanks again, all! See you next year!

Hey everyone!!!

First off I'd like to thank the Gettysburg as a whole. Plot you're amazing as a whole and the NPC's were once again, awesome sports. I kept receiving invites down all year and finally was able to do so with my PC, Vincent (something I really wanted to do after I heard about the dead walk). Barran (in-game) was amazing, and the site was awesome for a LARP such as ours. At first I had an issue with actively being engaged simply due to what I referred to as, "Dah fuq is dis!? Dah fuq are dows!? Dah fuq are deez!?" syndrome. Towards the end I was able to start getting into the swing of things and loved it. Special thanks to Gettysburg staff for having me for the event, and Chris and Angel for having me come down and stay with them on Thursday. I look forward to seeing all my friends, old and new, next season for many many many more adventures.

My list is limited only due to lack of being fully involved, but with that said, the site is open and wide, lots of secret things going on, so sometimes it's tough to butt in, in classic Vincent fashion, I really enjoyed this feature. ^_~

When Amanda as her elf turned and handed me the drink with a Hallucination elixir in it. So many shenanigans began and it was awesome to have some fun role play. Izer and his hand waves and all :p

Vicky and Vincent fist fight! hey when you need to wake up, pick a fight.

BLACK FOREST! Finally seeing those guys in action again was awesome. With that said, seeing all the friends from before my army job and making new ones after is always awesome!

Watching plot related events, although I wasn't involved, many of you put on a show and it's great to watch the many different personalities of the adventurers as they associate with each other.

Agg, Kailani, Ruis (hope I spelled your characters names right)

No laws!? Great! Love seeing how different characters put on different faces if they're not around governing authorities.

Joe steam-rolling me!, I love fighting but that wasn't even a fight! Hopefully we can get to spar some more next season so I can pick up some of your techniques.

Stepping into the Gladiators ring, although many were much bigger stat cards than me, it was fun to be able to get a little player vs. player combat in.

NPC's! As always, total Rockstars!

If I forgot anything I am sorry, as I am typing this in class. It was an amazing event and thank you again friends both old and new for the amazing season. I look forward to more and more events next year and will miss all your faces over the winter months.

With tons of Love - Jeremy

If I forgot anything I am sorry

A few in no order:

Calling out "healed" from that first Dragons breath and about five or six *WHAT!"s afterwards.

Slayer hand-off's.

All the PC's fence hopping to allow the game to run.

Nature walk of survival. Sorry Will!

My own little nightmare, and watching Kailani trying to be all "I am not leaving without you" until I told her I had my own way out. Worked better than I would have imagined.

Hard choices, and realizing the point of a contingency plan is that it is a contingency plan...you are not a bad person for not using it...you are smart.

The pats on the back after being chased around for however long while playing whichever monster.

"Rich, let's do thig" followed by Solo Monster!!! (and some plot effects but hey!)

Exit stage Phoeinx.

See you all next season!

So I had a great closer and an excellent season with you guys at AGB. Favorites from this go in no particular order:

-Spider ambush in the woods for the Order of the Wylde. So many feebleminds, I thought we were doomed, of course I also thought I was a suit of armor so ya know.....
-RP with the Family
-RP with the Gilded Claw....and the Not Murdered Gypsy that came from it.
-On that note, the sitting in on the Gypsy Repair Ritual
-I GOT A MEDAL!
-Monster Strength ALL the things. Especially the hugs that went around on Saturday night.
-"Dinner's ready." "PREPARE TO DIE!"

Maybe more later but that's what I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks for a great game and a great season guys. Love you all. even Simon.

What a killer season closer :)

1. Spider ambush. Wow, there would have been nothing more embarrassing than the Order slinking out of the Earth Circle after having been murdered by spiders. Luckily, they didn't have to, because we are UNSTOPPABLE FOREST ASSASSINS I mean really good at stuff.
2. Saturday evening nightmare fight. I didn't land a single blow or spell...but I was personally responsible for picking up five people who would have otherwise died alone in the shadows. Yeah, I'm going to let myself feel good about that for a while.
3. "We're watching you, Ama'rali." Yeah, you eat that confine.
4. "Do I get guild points for that?" "No, you don't get guild points for picking up a leaf/insulting V/pooping."
5. The cool orange spider that brought elosdi and wind into harmony with one another. Hooray pumpkin spider! (No seriously that is what it's called).
6. I am very glad that raven got his guild pin finally! And also that raven claw is the coolest thing ever. I'm really stoked to have had more Raven time this event :)

I'm sure there were more. It was a really great time all around. Can't wait to awkwardly emote at you all in a few months!

Fighting the crew on the upper path as the howlbear. I have no idea how long that fight went on for, but it was great.
Encountering my two young Biata friends in the Nightmare mod.
RPing with the Coyote-kin as the Gnoll. I always love when adventurers try to reason with NPCs rather than just fight.
Talking to the Spirit of Barran about how she had helped me was intense.
Being approached by two PCs asking about my Gypsy Curse, right after I got rid of my ability to use it. The RP was a lot of fun with them.
My Earth Magic lesson to Daji being interrupted by the Nightmare Panterghast.

See you guys next year =)

"Tvard, I would like to remind you that YOU ARE GAY."

RP with/saving Cadeis. That character has become so integral to V's slow evolution into "someone who is kind of capable of being a real person/functional racist" and I was so afraid we were going to have to watch him become a monster. His interactions with Kur were really touching to watch and hear about, too. Dave has done some really cool stuff with that NPC and he means a lot of things to a lot of different people; I hope we get to see more of him in the future.

Jess Brown. V is so wary of and curious about Ciarrah, but she is going to keep helping and talking to you until you give her a reason to stop. If you ever need some blood For Reasons, holla' atcha girl.

"I think it's time we start working on those ears."

"You are now of the face of Family Lordaq." Cue horrified realization that V just might be getting exactly what she wished for.

"So, where is this Garrus guy?" "He's ah, doing some calibrations."

SPIDER DOMINANCE! Hiss and stretch and hiss and stretch. Wiggle. Stretch. Hiss.

Next year. Can't wait. 100% excitement. Love you all and thanks for playing!

EDIT: Vox. VOX. V wants to trust you. She thinks she can trust you. She is really, really terrified of trusting you, and she can't decide if it's because you, as a stone elf, are just naturally hard to read or if it's because you're you and are clearly as capable of emotionally manipulating people as she is. She is so so so so so conflicted, but you saved her *** in a big way this weekend so, you know. Gift horses and mouths.

Last edited:
AGB is the BOMB! I can't wait until next year.

OMFG Saturday Nights Dinner!
Treating V like she is the acting Noble in town, kind of just by default
All things Roman & Riddle, love these guys
Suicide Missions, Orchish Purifies & Pyrotechnics!
Gladiator Tournament! Wait until the next one, with a little thought: we are gonna make it even better for EVERYONE
"Santet... you're a Fighter... How did you just whip out Shadow Magic?"
Great times joking around, watching games and having fun RP in the tavern.
Dan and Will as the Skeletal Children! Great job, I had NO idea how to react to that
Helping Edaem on friday night, felt great!
Hearing my song in the parking lot on Sunday... unbelievably priceless, thank you!
All things Mike Stabley!

this is gonna be the longest off-season EVER
-Brian B

EDIT: Nightmare Kiba.... should be at the top of the list

Sup ninjas,

I don't usually write my favorites since I know everyone can tell i'm having fun no matter what and my body is so sore after events that i don't feel like doing anything afterwards but its the end of the season so why not? My legs are jello but heres what i remembered.

1. Walking into town Saturday morning and being entangled. Immediately! I was waiting to endow my way out at the right moment, so I did. Scary though. This game hates me.

2. Santet walking up to me and congratulating me on joining the hunt cuz my wardrobe change is so close to what they wear. I guess i should take off my military rank too lol. All those guys rock though so i don't mind being confused with them.

3. Zimps getting all crazy over the knolls. She is trying to save the town and everyone hates her for it. Classic Zimps. Congrats on the clothiers guild.

4. My BFFs (Black forrest friends) just making the game more enjoyable and funny during some pretty heavy fights and drama.

5. All the other groups and guilds doing the same thing. Not having my team around has made things tough but I'm glad everyone has a place for me so i don't get to lonely or bored. I appreciate it. I like to do stuff too. Lol

6. The gladiator battle circle and losing every single fight.

7. Mike stably showing up. Hearing his stories are the best.

8. Dat owlbear fight was the best!! I figured we were dead but the three of us pulled it off. 20 nausea is no joke though. Evade is a hellofa drug. I want so many more of those.

9. Almost dying at the nightmare battle at night before dead walk. Fighting joe was fun and i got pinned up by the stairs in the dark and luckily Danielle saw me there and lifed me. I was so very dead.

10. Getting to npc for you guys. The spider i played was fun as well as the cackling corpse of instant dead was hopefully enjoyed by everyone. Lol matt kept searching me for gum.

11. Getting ready to go smokequick after npcing and only having my sword on me then having castlbur hand me his shield so we could get rid of some knolls so i could just smoke in peace

12. Sunday morning was fun when the flying elosti came out and kur went from completely calm to OMG ITS A FLYING ELOSTI. Pretty damn funny.

12. My fight with Bender Nightmare Pantherghast was as epic as last time. Big ups to simon for tossing me the slayer and bigger ups to brian for knocking it away (true genius intelligence creatures). Biggest ups to kalani for back packing me even though i was okay at the time. I still appreciate it.

14. Ending the game and shaking everyones hand i could. Best bunch of good hearted gamers out there. Always sad to go home but glad its all over with. Need sleep and practice. Hugs were appreciated. If i didn't say bye to you i meant to. Im just cool like that xD.

See you guys next season. Im out.

First off, just being back in Barran is a favorite. Real life got in the way a whole lot this year.

Family antics and all that goes with it. I love you guys!

All the Wilde things! Paste of stickiness for the win.

The mantra of "That's not Ezri... That's not Ezri..."

Plot being super cool and giving me something to roll with to explain the months-long absences.

Sunday morning Bobo-ghast. Thanks Brian!

This was one of the best games of alliance I've played in like forever.

1. there's like a bat creature with wings out there... OMG IT'S A FLYING ELOSTI! The xroads people are hilarious

2. Hullicinating. "We're on a path of eye balls and they're squishing between my toes and popping under your boots... Oh look a tongue in the path of eyeballs"

3. Listening to Vincent describe how they had to wake up and adding "you should lick her foot. When I need to get Theromosis up, I lick his toes and he wakes up" idk if he heard me but a few people did

4. All things gnolls. It's scary to see people be all confused on why Zimps is being so packed to them but I love the roleplay.

5. Santet getting the eyeball to leave by trying to get the hyena kin and castlebur to make out. Hilarious

6. Drinking the "dumb" and totally nailing that mod

I'm sure there's more but I'm still frazzled. Time to just focus on our move and sewing in great amounts

Oh man am I sore. The hills at GB may not be as redonkulous as the one at HQ but they make their presence felt.

Anyway! Favorites in no particular order:

- HUNT. All my Hunt buddies are the best, full stop. Kiba's large, strange family is fantastic and I love every minute of it. Also, people's reactions to "Uncle Santet"- He's your uncle how what now??
- Fence-hopping Saturday afternoon. Spider ambush in the woods! Ahahaha the lovely power of Hallucinates.
- "With monster strength I throw you off!" "WITH MONSTER STRENGTH I HOLD ON!"
- "I'm a spider hat! No, I'm spider goggles!"
- Nightmare Kiba! Dear god do I love messing with my friends :p Also, Emily's reaction to my offhanded suggestion of "ha, I could go mess with Santet, that'd be fun." SHE WAS ALL EYES AND GRINS GUYS IT WAS FANTASTIC.
- Rayna! Rageplant is always good roleplay times, but oh man hearing her screaming in pain and begging for help? Flashback kitty is NOT OK. Here plot, have my sweet sweet tears, I know you feed on them.

Next year Kiba is coming out so much more, I couldn't play her much this year because Life Bullsh*t but next year OH yes. See you lovely folks in the spring!

Thank you AGB Staff, NPCs, and people behind the scenes who made this event happen. I had an absolute blast and the RP was off the hook!
  • Being a shady mofo. I think I was playing around a dozen different people a couple of different ways all weekend. Might have earned myself an oblit and a few perms, but we're good!
  • Getting to Tradesman and considering what my thesis will be. I think I'm going to spend the winter on it.
  • Finding out my circle got used as a circle.
  • Getting a promotion.
  • Doing a classic Vox thing. While everyone's pumping in love and romance into the spirit of Barran, he goes for the: "Thanks for allowing people like me to exist amongst all these saps" route.
  • Saturday morning spiders feeling bad enough that Thermo and Zimps JUST got into game that we didn't sincerely try to rez them. We totally could have!
  • Feeling boss with claw/bow style. I think we've got a winner folks. My 2 normals are nasty!
  • Cellia just looking sad at Vox who had a fist full of gas right before she started defending me.
  • Vox/Kailani RP. Damn Erika we both put a hell of a lot of planning into that entire adventure and DAMN if it didn't end the way neither of us expected.
  • Vox/Family/Gilded Claw RP: Hey guys... uh... let's all play nice now, ya'hear? *ducks*
See you all next year!

Man, what an intense weekend. Many many thanks to NPCs and staff!

My first favorite is more of an oog thank you to everyone in the cabin or in the bathroom who listened to me rant about Nikhujo and her angst. I love playing her, but she is so full of hate that it really burns me out unless I can joke and discuss her at some point, so those fun talks were very important to me. Thanks.

Stalking Chulainn on Friday night. Successfully hunting and getting in trouble for it.

V roleplay, including being cornered and forcefully apologized to. MUCH DISCOMFORT.

T'vard hunting!! I don't know how he managed it, but that guy said/offered the perfect things in the perfect ways to make Nikhujo not completely despise him! So we got to play around and it was AWESOME. But now she has weird feels about it. Because everything is always complicated.

Being an introvert and never being bored because there are weird feels and angsty thoughts to brood about FOREVER.

Doing so many things to try to impress Chulainn and getting shot down every time. Just build up that angst. Yesss.

Rayna throwdown time. That was a GOOD clash of character. Would have loved for it to come to blows! >:D

The subsequent RP with Rayna that just added more angst about friendship/respect concepts.

THIS COYOTE WHO I ALREADY WANT TO EAT IS BRINGING GNOLLS TO TOWN, REALLY?!? EXTREME RAGE, ACTIVATE. That was SUCH good drama.

I want to murder/eat/bury so many people, but I can't because laws, so everyone gets glared at and judged forever. I'm so friendly. (Lemme take a moment to seriously apologize oog for anyone who I made uncomfortable or confused by being so intensely hateful. Please know I love you all a lot oog. Nikhujo is just so mercilessly angry.)

Gladiator circle!! Nikhujo wants nothing more than to fight and train all day. This was perfect for her.

Mixed feelings about Santet. You're so strong. You're so loud. Let's be friends no wait I hate everyone.

Fighting Aisling and ending up with uncomfortably curious feelings towards her and the Hunt, thus initiating more awkward interactions of me talking at people then running away rudely.

Similar discomfort and awkward interactions with Ag. "So you want a boat in secret?" "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" ::Run away::. Seriously, this ragecheetah does not realize that people have the capacity to pick up implications in her random questions. Follow up responses/personal questions are always entirely surprising and rage-inducing!!

Trying to work in Shabahnu culture and allowing her time here waiting for Chulainn and learning from the area to affect her future choices and goals. Thanks, plot, for all details and options!

Victoria being obviously scared of Nikhujo and that making Nikhujo proud and cocky. That's right, stupid lady, you avert your eyes and step off the path! Ragecheetah is strutting through here! Bwahahaa! (I <3 you Willow!)

Seeing Amanda W OOG, a huge treat despite the fact that our characters will never interact, haha.

I dunno if I've made this clear enough, but Frank Coyne is a saint and I have no idea how Chulainn tolerates Nikhujo but I love it so much and couldn't play this character without his help. The longer she knows him, the more angst triggers her builds up and sets off. Oooo drama.

Thanks, everyone, for letting me hate you all weekend! <3

V roleplay, including being cornered and forcefully apologized to. MUCH DISCOMFORT.

SPIDER DOMINANCE! Wiggle hiss wiggle stretch CORNER YOU AND VAGUELY IMPLY I HUNT THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL.

Oh god, so many favorites. This weekend was too much fun and left me broken and sore on Monday. <3

-Monster Strength shenanigans. From hugging everyone too hard to getting to be a field medic and useful in more than just meat shield ways.

- All things Order of the Wildes from the spider fight with paste of stickiness to all the hallucinate/feeble mind poisons.

- "With monster strength I throw you off!" "WITH MONSTER STRENGTH I HOLD ON!" "Noooooo!"

- Being picked up off the path after I was convinced I was going to the circle and then unexpected Family/Mord bonding which resulted in scaring V. Yes I was there the entire time :p

-Nightmare mod with the Gilded Claw that ended up being the Hunger games and somehow surviving.

-RP with the Gilded Claw and getting to watch my first ritual.

-Alllll the RP this weekend. From giving Cellia's love and gratitude to the Spirit of Barran to paralysis revenge.

-Bathroom chats/silliness, all the ladies of LARP I get to interact with each morning/evening make the toils of getting ready so much fun.

-Santet's dinner antics from shaking the **** out of a player to "dinner's ready""PREPARE TO DIE" *everyone freezes*

-Finally getting to use my weapon master skill in a useful way with the Panterghast

I'm positive I forgot a few but I'm still broken from this weekend. Winter break is going to be too long. <3

Vicky was... surprisingly less angry than usual this event. I'm confused. I think she was just too angry to register it and it came around full circle to being gleeful to keep from sloppily trying to murder everything in sight and dying because she's actually kind of pathetic. In no particular order:

First up, Emily for putting up with Vicky's dripping hatred of pretty much everything she sent out. First few seconds, you have her talk to a mistwalker? Yeah, she's walking into the gather bloodraged. They took a boat here to avoid this problem and it didn't even matter.

All things Doji. She makes Vicky think of how she could've turned out if she didn't want to kill everything and it really makes her want to protect her. Also, the Mord in general. They're actually cool people in her eyes.

"HOLD! All biata feel the presence of the homestone, even if they haven't seen one." "What if you're not a biata, but have seen a homestone and are carrying a biata memory ring near your heart?" "What?!" Made me laugh. Vicky may be totally useless, but she has some GREAT stories.

Speaking of stories, Avernorn rezzing. Kai coming to get her to make her tell his rez story. Making Kevin cry by telling him a rez story. Being fully aware Av was naked and making Kai all of the uncomfortable because Vicky just doesn't care. Just, all of that.

AGRAZIL. You, sir, are a savior. Seriously. Vicky needs you in her life way more than she's willing to admit. Teaching you colours almost made her cry from sheer joy that not everything in the world is awful.

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." "Is that a me problem? Nope, that's a you problem, okay." Dammit, Erden. We missed your face SO hard this gather. D:

Everyone was refusing to life someone. And Lili did anyway. Lili grew in Vicky's esteem as a healer so much in that moment. Sure, it might've been aided by the nightmares she'd be having about that exact situation happening, but still.

Marriage counseling and everything that entailed. Also, having a screaming match that literally only got solved via resurrection. And Amanda, I am so sorry it seemed like I wanted to kill you. Vicky really, really did want you dead. You accidentally hit pretty much all of her rage buttons in one go and Vincent wasn't helping. On the flip side of that, wow, I didn't realize Leona meant anything to Vicky anymore. I was wrong.

Resurrecting and waking up to being hand in hand with Vincent because Ruis GETS Vicky. Awkward, unintentional sister time all over the place.

All of the "nope, you're not allowed in her head" roleplay. All of the tying to make it up to Vox afterward. All of the confusion about Vox. "Hey, you didn't see me take a walk." "No, no I didn't."

Having her hatred for V firmly cemented. Kris, I love you. I really do. V is gets under Vicky's skin in every way she never wanted. All I wanted was to hug my friend! D: Also, avoiding Nikhujo. Ugh. Vicky wanted to talk to Nikhujo SO BADLY. She kept looking over and thinking, "Should I ask her if she's gotten stronger? Should I ask her if she wants to spar? Should I ask her if she's killed/hunted anything good lately? Nahhhh, she'll think I'm insulting her again and just kill me. Not worth it."

"The Spirit of Barran needs your feelings of hope! We need to combat what is nightmare - the fear, the anger, the hatred, the jealousy, the-" "How about I stand as physically far away from the place they're doing it as possible, because that sounds like the laundry list of every association I have with Barran put together."

I'm sure I'm missing things, but that's that.

Last edited:
Having her hatred for V firmly cemented. Kris, I love you. I really do. V is gets under Vicky's skin in every way she never wanted. All I wanted was to hug my friend! D:

I will stop sneering at you when you stop making yourself too easy to hunt. If I had a gold for every time you arbitrarily walked alone into the woods, I could buy myself dinner instead of killing you.

I mean, what?

Back