October Event Favorites and comments.

Lurin

Duke
As always we love to get reviews at info@mnalliance.com good or bad to help make our upcoming events better. As this was the last event of the season keep an eye out for the 'state of the chapter' posting, I try to fill it with reflections on the year, what we've learned, and what things are coming up soon!

My Favorites (or at the least the first ten I can think of!)

1.) 65+ attendees (notes have to be reviewed as some pre-regs couldn't come and we had walk ins)
2.) over 10 new players, it's always awesome to see bright new faces!
3.) Shade Mod crunchying - enjoyed popping out and suprising people, even though I wasn't likely to kill them.
4.) Ritual of Purity - I rarely play a gypsy NPC, had a great time.
5.) Baron Idden and a few deep discussions on things, (don't want to ruin any suprises)
6.) Bug bear sunday morning suprise!
7.) The Bandit Innkeeper
8.) Town filled Mist Cavern
9.) Saturday Dinner Merchant and the artic Fox Glad to make him such a "Hoppy" customer.
10.) "Gandian with the goofy eye"

So first off i wanted to thank all of the PCs and NPCs. I want to thank the NPCs for helping everything run so smoothly. You guys were awesome and especially on the Sunday morning undead cave you made things very simple for me to run. Thank you PCs for being patient with me. It was my first weekend running mods and whether slight confusion or it took a bit to set up the mods you gave me slack and space to operate. Thank you all.

Favorties:
The Site (best site ever)
Gnoll Pots mod
Talking with Fern as Vassel Knight and trying to plant the seeds of an iron-fisted way of ruling in the Barons head :twisted:
Getting to see my writing for plot come to life
Interacting with folks as old "Spelunker Sam" (high-fiving kovu when he said "sit" :lol: )
Watching PC confusion over "take key human" being written on the orc map
orc assault on town (you guys scare me with how you interrogate monsters)
being able to find Dave easily during spirit mod because of that awesome weapon rep
helping Stephen think of riddles for the late night saturday mod
open field undead battle Em and Ryan you guys are scary for undead
Famous last words from Jenn "i'm gonna try to miss with the death" then guess what... right in the chest :!:
getting to implement traps on a couple of mods was motivating to think of more
bandit robberies on the first night
Pulled Pork and Broccoli Cheese Soup (very tastey)
costuming I liked seeing some of the very cool costuming
late night gambling in the town saturday

Favorites, in no specific order...

-The new gypsies playing loudly upstairs and stomping, getting to watch Brent's thief innkeeper storm upstairs, growling about a ruckus. I loved it! XD
- All the RP befriending Tarqay
- Alyce actually conversing with Kovu for the first time after being around for so long
- "Making" deviled eggs in the kitchen while the whole town was fighting outside of the tavern
- Hanging out as Tisk, playing Mystical Energies and the dangerous game of Slap Jack
- Lok's memorial was awesome, in and out of game
- The new players helping with the tavern, offering to make Alyce a sandwich. Thank you!
- Being the only one left standing in the mist cave and managing to book it outta there from the opposite end- chainmail and running do not go well together

Had quite an eventful event, only a "few" times did I get to "relax"

- Meeting with Fern, like 5 times
- Chilling with Forest's Edge above tavern
- Every Dark Elf deserves a Wolf-Kin companion
- Mist Cave mod with Brent
- Elemental Flame creature mod; Thanks for the awesome battle Stephen
- Sneaking around with Fern
- Meeting with Panda
- Meeting with Brother Marsters
- Meeting with McGreggor
- Meeting with Gorka
- "10 Normal" song
- Leaving game broke; In and Out of game
- Knowing that my Airbrush went to good use
- Seeing friends
- How awesome the cabin was decorated
- Seeing Kovu's face when I told him something he wants.
- Panda Tumbleweed
- Getting multiple chances to....well....best not said
- I'm sure there was another meeting I'm missing

Mostly seeing how awesome of a turnout we had for our season closer, 60+ people was crazy awesome and trying to get logistics as smooth as possible was a chore, sorry Paige for having to do makeup for people.

Very fun for my fist full weekend, I'm sure I don't remember everything, but here is what I can remember...

1. Mist cave first night, running chasing, falling, healing, etc...
2. Getting more use to knowing what I've been hit with, sleep, bind, pin, fear, chaos, etc..
3. Hearing "Justice" every 5 seconds saturday night
4. Running from a baddy with a head on a stick
5. Making fun of farmers and then taking all their money playing blackjack :mrgreen:
6. Killing bandits and then dressing up as bandits to get the drop on the next bandits
7. Meeting some every enjoyable and nice characters and seeing again some great characters, Eric, Kendra, James, Ivan, Roven, Thorador, the other gentlemen from Chicago, the wolf kin girl in the tavern on saturday night, and many others
8. The lots of action on saturday, I loved going on mod after mod
9. The ability to be more effective and help others out with refits and healing
10. OHH, Skeleton pinata's!! I love how their brains taste like chocolate and peanut butter :D
11. The friendly Gypsys and their humor
12. And fighting besides many great and honorable people!

Out of game
1. Seeing many people come to the aid of the Gyspy girl, (didn't get her name), who fainted, many thanks to the dark elf D'Rezz to coming to the aid of her
2. Getting some good feedback on if I'm doing things right so far, taking damage, effects, etc...

Overall, a truly awesome event! Here are some of my favorites, in no real order:
- Me: "Could you identify something for us in the Celestial Circle?", Alexander: "I'm not invested in the Circle.", Me: "Didn't you make the Circle?" Alexander: "Eh, I just don't like to identify things there."
- The Knight's Spirit mod, especially when I got to speed-kill the Flame Troll with my 25 remaining seconds of elemental blade.
- Being CSS'd by the snakefolk, and especially the awesome bendy-posy session afterwards with Rhys, Kovu, Mai, and Panda.
- Having to turn down my buddy Alexander's spirit storing golem mod because of said CSS.
- The Shepard of the Spirits fight.
- The various responses I got from "Gandian Charm."
- The Stone Forsaken town mod on Saturday night, especially with me yelling so much that I was hoarse afterwards and McGregor/D'Rezz running all the way back to the C Circle to identify a pair of perfectly ordinary swords.
- "That's on a need to know basis."
- McGregor refusing to serve me food at the tavern, but giving it to me out-of-game when I needed it.
- Fern getting ahold of the addictive polearm.
- Annoying Paul when he was unconscious. "Hey Fern? Hey Fern? Hey Fern?"
- Kovu and Panda being back!

And I'm sure much more, but I'm tired, and I'll add more at another time.

It was nice to be back at an event, so here goes my favs.

Getting to play my Dark elf and having Everyone have to think twice before they respond to me at some point during the weekend
Gambling on Chess Friday night/Sat Morning, that farmer has potential for being a general. Actually made me work for that win.
Airbrush make-up, so much easier on the face and last longer and looks cooler...I want one for myself...
Getting to see so many new and old faces.
Getting introduced but already knowing Kovu's name and causing a very fast spin around and dropped jaw because everyone forgot I had been in town before.
Information extraction work, especially using camping gear to come up with creative methods and never letting said persons see what we were pulling out.
Translating Goblin...stupid goblins
Taking on a quest that I know is going to be almost impossible but following IG char mindset and just doing it.
Sunday morning undead mod and 1/2 way thru it suddenly being in-charge because I explained what we were fighting about, despite someone else having been set in-charge
Getting 10 Gypsies to go from yelling to whispers because of a few quiet words from Novi about his ears starting to hurt, and his mood.
Actually tracking thru the woods for a while, Brent nice job making us work for it, though maybe a little closer placement of start? :-D

I am sure there is more, but its monday morning after the event, and after that drive I am still tired.

Thomas
aka Novi

I had such a good time this weekend. thanks y'all. all of y'all, made it really interesting.

1. Not being disturbed by any insults that went his way from Fern. I think the smug silent grin was a better response. And then getting a little miffed because all my family were talking about how awesome fern was... grrrr hahahaha
2. Lok's farewell and serving everyone who came upstairs in the tavern. I didn't think i got enough food, but we had a whole pizza left even.
3. McGregor and his vampire hatin. WOOOOO!
4. Finally allowing James to be happy for once, the dark elves have been broody enough.
5. almost pulling a dawson. "hey, i'm out here all alone, look at this piece of paper.... uh oh...." I almost got away, and i was thinking, "aww that would kind of stink to get away." thankyou bandit with polearm preventing my escape! i was still trying, but it is fun to not always win
6. NPCs kicking my *** as undead every so often. sometimes i just couldn't deal with them but...
7. ... Hearing justice, rallying and burning through undead! JUSTICE!
8. The Romani. finding someone who babbles as much as i do. Torque, you are awesome
9. and my favorite thing hands down (aside from when the NPCs really started beating the hell out of me) was pissing off the sheriff. That one's for you Lok

Thanks again for everyone, i had a great event, and it was thanks to everyone.

-Adam aka James the Inconceivably dying in a fire

great event period... oh god my favorites.. too many to list...
-running around the entire camp, twice, trying to organize the bandit ambushes
-playing the little girl spirit.
-"Have you been to Roskaria?"
-crunching for the final mod
-boggle boggle boggle boggle cure light! cure light!
-getting tortured as a goblin. in game, i'm pretty sure he peed himself when the tent spikes came out.
-all the torture that happened period

oh yeah, not participating in torture ever, and getting bandits to tell us where camps were. sadly plot had already moved on... took us more than an hour after we agreed on a price to get a response...

-All the new players! It was fun interacting with you :)
-Lok Banquet... yum!
-Gypsy ceremony... again, honoring Lok.
-The Harbors Far Battle Cry- during the large town mod. JUSTICE!
-Making the most money from an event I have yet.
-The Site! It was great, loved the layout.
-Dodging 4+ "gift of death" spells out of sheer luck!
-Witnessing the "execution" of Fern, being held back by Gorka and running in.
-Finding a few weapon tags to use.
-Again, the lightning at opportune moments!

Loved the event, now I'll hide Roven and NPC for a few events!

OH! And, THANK YOU NPCS! You all did great, and it was really fun to play with you.

Thinking back on it I had a lot of really cool stuff happen to me this weekend. I was in more meetings with various folks than I am when I work but thats the price of being friends with Dark Elves and trying to cultivate continued peace with all the guilds. The PCs were being fairly effective in solving problems IG which is great to see and plot squeezed a lot of stuff into the event without a huge amount of downtime. It would take a while to post all my favs but here goes a small selection:

Terror Power Slide- I hate terror as an affect as an owner but as a players it was kinda cool and I played it up, barrelling downstairs and throwing myself into a corner and hitting the wall pretty hard I scared several players in the process so the affect did the job. It's cool we got our own back on that one.

That stupid *&^@ Polearm...."Kovu I need to race change to orc so I can have my polearm and use it"....Then followed by being knocked out and having Gandian poking me wit the butt if his weapon "Hey Fern Hey Fern Hey Fern..." :)

Conversation with the Baron (and his guardsman). Tense, cool, discussing probable futures, leadership styles, the breathtaking view from the manor home. I really felt like a person worried about my life being turned upside down and wasnt rewarded with my answers just for asking the questions. Its fun knowing we have a long road ahead of us because it makes the game more real.

Dark Elves!- Meetings with Drezz (it was only 3), questions with Novi (thanks Stephen and sorry Wolf-Kin adoptions, oh my! Both of you guys are cool people and it was really great to see Thomas back in the saddle.

Forests Edge- Got to actually spend time with them for once... you guys are a cool bunch and I loved out chance to do the "Spirit Knight" quest. Which led to my "execution".

Pathfinders- Your motto should be "come prepared" man do you guys sport an amazing array of survival readyness gear... and your awesome to boot.

Harbors Far- I love you guys...so funny and Fern likes most of you... one of you can die in a fire. ( :D). Throughout the weekend I became more and more attached to various members through RP, Duels, combat, etc expect the 1 person I had set out to try to like. OOG- Adam is a really cool guy, a fun friend, and I am looking forward to the resolution.

Brotherhood- Kinda cool to see a small spark be carried to a tinder and start to take off... hopefully in the right direction. Brother Marsters is a mystery to me but did a good job towards brining Fern over to his side.

"Stop in the name of the law"- so cheesy and never effective.

Barbarian Circle Mod- I got to go around the side and talk to the guy with Drezz, steal his polearms in hopes it had effect, dodge a couple of deaths, spend some time drained, parlay with the guy for Thorado back and help Mai get the box out... all without hitting the guy once. Also mother nature cooperated with you to make that the scariest mod of the year then cooperated with my players. "U call this a storm? where we come from this is a slight drizzle we kill our undead in real storms"

Dawson's Mod- finding out which element the guy was weak to and going to town for 2 mins straight... Dawson is in way better shape than I am but just couldnt shake me because adrenaline had me in overdrive... less than 2 mins to kill that guy is amazing from the whole town and we managed to rescue Rhys in the process,

Sunday Morning Surprise- I like not always knowing I'm going to win. That was a rough fight that we shouldnt have picked, we lost and paid the price. On the plus side it was fun, well fought on the npc end and was probably my fav of the weekend.

Lastly, the mistwalker joke... could not stop laughing :lol:

Thanks to plot and NPCs (the new ones did a great job, the veterans worked hard to be leaders), and to the players for keeping a good IG atmosphere. Also thanks to Dave G for putting so much effort into your campaign, it shows when we make the trip. I hope that my flying out to make the event shows you that despite my gripping at you all the time as a friend, I still love your game and your a good friend.

I can't wait for the Nov event, If I can make it. *crosses fingers*

Paul

Ooh and I love my new badge! That alone made the event worth it.

Favs in no particular order:

- All the help from the various people cooking/cleaning in the tavern. McGregor paid out waaayyy too much coin for the help, but who says McGregor is never in a giving mood.

- The new site! It feels like an actual village with all the huts, and the kitchen has an OVEN!!!!

- Being able to sleep in a place that was not also the kitchen!!!

- Learning to fight with a shield, thanks Josh!!!

- All the Gypsies in the tavern, OMG! Guitar, drums, flute, dancing, singing! You guys were awesome!!!

- All the vampire hating:“Don’t Feed him, let nature take its course…damn vampire!”; To a random townsperson: Don’t look Gandian in the eyes...Why?...Just trust me, there’s something funny with one of them and he won’t like it if you stare…
(-1 vampire charm victim) :)

- Sheppard encounter!

- Recognizing a feared/terrorized player into the kitchen and leaving them there until after the Sheppard was defeated.

-It was amazing how the all the chaotically organized adventurers suddenly all pulled together and worked as a team. It was also fun as McGregor lead the final charge on the Sheppard, as for the first time I actually felt like a force to be reckoned with!

- Discovering a new side to McGregor, even though he thought Gandian was a dirty dirty vampire, when the forsaken came to town harassing Gandian, heedless to any danger, McGregor recklessly charged after Gandian in defense of his friend saying “to the death” only to realize afterwards that maybe it was a little ironic as in his eyes they were both (Gandian and the forsaken) already dead.

- After arriving to the necromantic hill after defeating several waves of undead, realizing that both Gandian and himself would be outmatched, looked back in surprise and jubilation at the hordes of adventurers coming to reinforce them! “Huzzah Reinforcements!!!”

- And for all those who think McGregor loves undead they should have seen this encounter: McG:“Marsters!, give me an earth blade!” Marsters: -grants EB - McG: [cackles gleefully and charges the undead]

- Running in full armor to identify two swords only to find out that they were normal.

- Sunday morning French-toast-dinner-rolls and bacon :)

- Its awesome seeing a lot of the new players working together and stepping up! I might even create a new lvl 1 character just to run around with you guys!!!

- Having another guardian present! Thanks Sam (Kovu)!

- Having an awesome crew of NPC’s! Thanks guys!!!

-Ryan

Unbelievably awesome event!!!! It's been way too long since I rolled with all y'all. Highlights?
-The location was so cool! And so close to my house!
-Repeated fudge abuse (I love playing drunk Jonathan)
-Finally meeting Gorka (and hearing about High Orc Mating Rituals from Gabriel and Ainye)
-The riddle mod and the orange bottle of answery-ness
-The very real lightning that flashed as Kendra talked about the evil sky magic of the Forsaken (and the ensuing lightning storm during the battle)
-The romani in the tavern
-Watching Fern get executed by a ghost
-Playing pretend with Pretend
-Saving Nayati-Mai after Jenn nailed her with a death to the chest (And beating the count by five seconds)

There were a lot of really fun moments from this game. I had so much fun PCing in SoMN for once!

Favorites:
Tracking down a goblin from one side of the camp to the other.
Goblin Interrogation
Undead cave fight sunday morning.
Fighting Shadows Saturday night
Being a Dark Elf's Shadow... this is getting to be a common occurrence!
Nearly dying, and being literally carried on someone's back as they ran me to a healer.
Dominance fight with Mai
Tavern full of noisy-musical-cardplaying-gypsies!
HUGE costume improvement all around
Having a site big enough to keep people busy all over the place
Playing with such large numbers that I didn't even see some people at the event

In no particular order.....

- Coming in with Kendra in full war paint. (Thank you all for the compliments!)
- RPing full Barbarian rage, when the killing blow Thorador in the circle mod Saturday night
- "JUSTICE!!"
- Gypsy ceremony....almost cried....almost! XD ...Plus 1 monster strength FTW!
- RP with Gandian (Thanks for being awesome, Alexander ) stupid sky magic man.. and getting to fight him while under effects of paranoia. ME: "Sky magic vampire! RAWR!" 9 silver. HIM: " oh, I have so been waiting for this!"
- Dueling with Fern
- Getting annoyed at the puzzles and games that require me to read.
- Conga out of mist cave.. James you crazy.
- Gypsies singing and dancing and playing added much to atmosphere.
- Meeting McGregor for the first time IG and OOG! (after hearing so much about him)
- Storm reinforcing uneasiness Kendra was feeling about the sky magic!

-Courtney H. (Kendra)

Kendra_1stBarb said:
- Storm reinforcing uneasiness Kendra was feeling about the sky magic!
It is pretty funny that a Forsaken's appearance has always been accompanied by ominous weather.

Hey guys,

This was an incredible event. I don't think I had any real downtime this event - I was constantly being dragged to do this or that, whether it was to teach something, cast a ritual, or more.

Some of my favorites from this event....

- Casting the circle of power - I loved the showmanship from Kovu of casting the ritual... I couldn't match it the next day when I cast mine, and I felt bad

- The bandit shopkeeper - I swear to god, I tried to do the right thing, and I got hosed, and I can't remember the last time I felt that taken advantage of

- The mist cave - trying to get that done was crazy-intense!

- The young barbarian with dreadlocks (I can't remember his name) - interacting with you was a blast, especially with you pushing my buttons, and not even realizing it!

- Harbor's Far - It was fun interacting with you guys, and "Justice" was great!

- McGregor - Your face is more expressive than any I can remember... the look of evil glee when I gave you that earth blade... I was afraid you were going to go get yourself killed (or hurt OOG)

- Fern - it was great getting to meet you, and that we seemed to hit it off great... however, I think I may want to start charging rent for my chair...

- The Pathfinders - You guys rock. Truly rock. I can't remember a time I didn't have a smile on my face when I was around you guys.

- Icey and Gearfree - holy crap, you guys shocked me when you approached me. I can't wait to spend more time with you guys, and help instill a proper sense of zealotry. :)

- Tarqaq - the drives were memorable, you lightened the mood in a few key moments for me, and you stepping it up on Sunday morning was crucial!

- The Dark Elves - Always a blast to have secret meetings and conversations... and what can I say, Dark Elves are great to confess to.

- The orc mod - it was so cool, convincing the orcs that I was a dragonmage, and watching them freak.

- The undead/necromantic pool mod - it was a blast... the chaos of the fight made it intense... the Chaos Storm vs Earth Storm duel.... needed harder rain though, as that's what we're used to in Chicago for our undead-killing mods. :)

- The silly o'clock puzzle mod - I think you could have asked us to put the alphabet in order, and we might have failed at that point

- Stephen as Alexander teaching the double tap. Can't wait to try it out!

I can't wait to come back next season, as I know work will keep me away til at least January. I'm so psyched to come back, or have the Brotherhood show up here, and walk into the tavern as a group, and see the look on peoples' faces. :) I know I'm forgetting stuff... I'll post more as I remember.

Rob Sachs (Brother Eric)

Back