October event favorites

I had so much fun. Despite a sprained ankle, hyper extended sword arm elbow, and sick as hell.

My most favorite moment was ORGE O DOOM mod saturday night. The entire time was great, and everyone on the mod was awesome. Specially Izer and Kayden, even if they think Ithica don't like them. Epic killing blows on Collins Ogre.

All things Ren, and here handy note pad.

Meeting a lot of new pc's (Sarr and biata couple, "little one" Sarr, And the new DORF! Then passing spots on mods so newer adventurers/players could go take part.

The Gargoyle was awesome, great make up. After all the question were asked.
Rorii, " Are there any more important questions"
Ithica," Yes i have one, Hey Gargoyle Am i the best looking man in this room"
Gargoyle, "I do not contain the information you seek"
Ithica turned to Drake and whispered, "Well i guess we can throw everything she said out the window, she clearly isnt all knowing"

Hanging with my boys, Khorwyn, Garathon, Kain, and now MIRANDA! (well shes my girl)

Duel propane healers, and the carbon monoxide poison warning tag.

Long Talks with Blythedale team, and Stormblades Andros and Darkan.

Seeing Toddo become "the man" congrats on the big shoes to fill, thanks Michelle for all the great write ups last 3 years.

Fighting undead out of the cabin, then swearing at them because they were letting all the heat out.

The 3 children, and Scaring the **** out of and provoking the "whiny" one with the medusa shield.

Tabs jester/clown.

All the gypsies are cool, good see a big crowd. Even if i cant understood 50% of the **** said.

Trying to trap a death rogue "Vincent go be bait"

Watching the sparticus/ignatiouse episode

Watching the Iggy/ Drake episode

LOL, a goblin comes in town and running from an troll. Someone gives him a copper and says "here buy some protection from ithica"
Goblin hands me the copper piece. "Your protection now begins", 3 seconds pass, " your protection is now over, good luck"

Busting on Amaranthas, even if he wasnt there.

Jarrins assassination, not so much cause hes jarrin but because of what the pc did and proper steps he took to do it.

All things Ash Forest, bye bye guys :(

Telling Aven she should be Ithica Adopted sister.

Hearing Drake once again refer to me as his "Balance"

Seeing Lord Fin'darth out numbered 3-1 and sprained ankle and all sprinting to him top speed

Casting a Celestial spell/item on a Biata, but hopefully to save some peeps.

Trying to be a good Lt. to the Ducal concerned/troubled soldiers.

All the NPCS thanks alot, I know sorry for the hard swings, and even the attitude i had with one of you. I apologize.

-Toddy

I had such a great time! Thanks to the staff and all the NPCs!

Playing the spirit trying to answer the PCs questions: It's extremely hard to get the PCs to call you AuDrey instead of AuBrey when you can't speak. :p Then with Ket trying to guess the year...higher, lower, higher, lower... lol

Ah Nachtface...I shall miss her. Though I did have a really cool speech prepared I didn't get a chance to say more then one line before I was tooled. lol It's all good though. It's always best to stay true to your character no matter what. Personally I was very happy with the outcome. Good job to you guys!! :) My favorite line was just after they killed me and Brian said "Tell me that we did a good thing?"

Roleplaying being shocked and terrified while being taunted by Emily, Ali, Brian and Tab, when I was brought back to awaken the Prince and then turning towards the PCs to say "what have you done?" The look on their faces was priceless. Watching Sean punch through that awesome coffin lid made by Rich and Adam! Then groveling before a very frightening looking Sean! The whole spectacle was awesome and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it with an incredible bunch of roleplayers! Thank you Ali for letting me play her one last time.

Monster desk helper monkey! I love helping but wish I could've finished organizing. Sorry Collin.

Illana and me in NPC camp! Damn costumes! lol

Being able to watch Rich and Adam create the coffin lid...I'm in awe!

All around monster camp laughs. I love NPCing!

Thank you Justin :) *hugs*

fun event

Jarron's assassination--waking up half asleep and hearing someone say "I am the marshal for this and you were just killed in your sleep and need to go to the cicrle..." and drifitng back in and out of sleep seeing a figure in all white that kept going around the area and in and out of our ward waiting to get gacked as well not realizing at the time it was Dan L. in his thermals that was coming in and out of the ward and knowing ig there were people around that could drain wards. Then realizing it was Dan walking in and out of the ward to marshall it. Kudos to the one who did it, trully professional hit.

After the event finding out how many people thought I took Jarrin out, not sure if should be offended or take it as a compliment that they think I could do it that well.

Talking to people the next day that may have had motive.

The Emily mod and going with people never went on a mod with before, Korwhin, Kaim and some others and jumping into the cript for shinies.

Some fun rp with Sparticous--talking to Rorrii and Sparticous while holding a special bottle of wine: Dennis "preapare to die..disarm your bottle.." then says if " I drink this is it giong to effect me like the other wine you had?"
me: which wine?
Sparticous: The wine you had in Moria that made my clothes feel tight?
me: no idea what you're talking about....

talking about chowder with Balls infront of Ivan after Ivan was asking about soup....

Group dark rez of Winter with Rowen and Vincent after she killed herself and watching her squirm with the story she was told, and the discussion with Rowen before hand as to what type of rez it should be.

Seeing Gregor again, porr guy 3 events and 2 rezzes, not good average.

Meeting Grim as my primary and haveing some goog talks with him.

Tabs Poltergeist

Vincent telling me how we won't kneel to nobles while we are talking to Squire Aven...

Talking to Ignatious and the sherrif and them asking if the Roms had anything to do with Jarrin's death and answering no Roms wouldn't do it that way, that if we had no one would know and the sherrif replying that's not exectly reassuring...

finally meeting Winter Rose IG and Meghan oog.

Jumping the fence for the last wave battle (after getting a wisper wind that needed to be handled) and being attacked by npcs still since a spider with a black face and dark clothes looks just like a Rom.....

Others I have forgotten at the moment.

Hokay, so here is Collin's completely arbitrary top 5 PCs list:

5. Ignatious - Jumping into holes to save friends, ganking villains before they monologue and spouting cheesy goodguy lines. That is Lawful Good, period.
4. Find'rth - You're scary lookin.
3. Ithica - For really having fun with that Ogre mod. The death blows were epic.
2. Khorwyn- When I write stealth mods I think of at least three solutions, Khorwyn thought up a fourth that I hadn't considered. Badass.
1. Unknown - Whoever had the balls to murder a pc in their sleep deserves number one on this list. Seriously, monster camp loves it when we don't have to do ALL the killing.

Until next time everybody.
Enjoy your off-season, enjoy Deadlands and Moria this weekend and I'll see everybody at November's Deadlands.

Collin

i had a reallfunweekendand definatly enjoied the cleaverness of what story line i knew. i npced this event so im sure there was more then there seemed though.my favorates...

1) the last wave battle on sunday. ive been playing hq for 5 years and that was only the 3rd fight where the npcs won. once in lindenmere with the lizard men, once in fairdale with the culdren bourne andthen this last sunday. it was great.

2) the creepy little girls encounter. i had a lot of fun with that and it made a lot of ppl laugh. Ithica= the mean bully, Darken= the monster :lol: thanks guys

3) all things ogre mods. omg justin i cant believe u had us move in under the tavern lmao that whole chain of events made my day! lol :lol:
--also,the fight under the tavern. its a good thing it was sutch a fun encounter and i was in a light mood seeing how i triped over dabris, falling onto the ground, 3 times, got jabed in both eyes (two seperet times), got my ear wacked with cold pipe, spot of shamed into my brest, and hit on the back of my head by someone backswinging on somone else. lol by the end of that modjust about every PC said sorry to me.
Other ogre npcs: "the fighting was really clean"
me: "ya cuz they all got their bad swings out on me then relised they had to be more carfull" lol :D it was still a lot of fun tho and id do it again.

4)the wave battle intro where the town got rifted in and someone came out of a coffin. i could only see and hear form a didtance but it looked really cool.

5) THE BUTLER DID IT!!! lmao

6) ALL THINGS INSAINE ASSILLEM (ya i kno i butchered that but u kno what i mean) that mod was sooo awsome and sutch a good idea

7)being the staritpical rouge in our npc adventuring group then being accused of being a vampire WHEN IM STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO, AND ADMIRING, THE PUMPKINS!!!! lmao good roleplay, im glad we didnt have to fight tho cuz i was hoping to be able to come back to town another time.

8) several ppl saying in and out of game that our adventuring group was so full of **** lol ;)

9) getting complimented on my makeup job by scott with me as a spider in the last battle, (which means a lot comming from him sence his make up/costume/masks are always so awsome)

10) hearing all the stories tim got to tell me about the awsome roles he got in the week and all the PCs he got to roll from them lol :D

well thats all i can think of for now. if i remember more later ill post. congrads again toddo for the new position.

I had a great game. It was cold but with all the layers I wore and with the availability of space heaters and the cocoon we built in the Mages' Guild I found it tolerable. I think the thing I like about this event the most was the quality and quantity of the plot and how well the vent seemed to run. I didn't go on any mods but that was because i didn't want to. I was so busy with Guild work and ritual casting I was happy to send others in my place, and they were happy to go. There seemed to be lots to do the whole weekend.

Highpoints for me were:

Holy crap we had a Guild meeting. with special guests and everything.

Holy crap I cast 4 rituals (3, but was involved with the 4th)

Holy crap I flawed one of the rituals and Onitt almost killed me. turned out to be in our favor though and I got a free Vision to help further immerse me in the weekend plot. fun!

Holy crap on of the rituals was a Mercury Golem for the guild and we named him "Quicky"!

Holy Crap that battle that used most of the mod area on Saturday with the whole town was so much fun!!! well statted, well run, well fought, I was having a blast and casting like Chazz.

Holy Crap that theatrical scene where Sean punched through the coffin was so amazing. Ali is one of the best writers for scenic encounters. This one is up there with the Pheonix mod (also Ali written) that a few folks including myself were lucky enough to go on last year. Well done. Beyond well done.

just a great great event. I heard some complaints about some of the combat, but I never experienced any problems myself, and all the spell issues that I ran into (people not taking them at night, or not feeling them hit, etc.) are typical for a caster so I didn't have any problems.

Back