Off to the Duchess

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Umm....Dutchess knowing vhere Stig get mount?"
Stig asks in a slightly awkward way

"I have heard of a lady in the city called Donna who is well known for her choice of mounts. Perhaps try her."

Smiling once again, Victoria says "I must be back to work now, please excuse me. Johan will see to anything else that you need before you depart." With only a brief pause for the new guards before her to bow, she turns and leaves the room leaving them to the capably hands of Johan.

Stig bows as the Dutchess leaves then turns to Boris
"Stig gunna go see dis Donna lady. Boris no need come if not vanting. Ve can meet on vay back to Parsons"
Stig pats home s friend on the shoulder then heads off to Donnas stables with stride.

"Thank you, You Grace." Bowing, Boris leaves with his friend.

Outside the the gates Stig is seen walking up with determination. As he passes the guards on duty he turns his right shoulder to show his colors of the Dutchess but makes no eye contact.
Reaching the front door he calls to the guard before he even starts to make hus way up the steps
"Is looking for Boris. Need speak vith him right vay"

The guard on duty at the door says "Boris is not here. Her Grace sent him on a mission"

Stig stops and looks to the guard
*UGH* "Vhen him return tells him broder Veagar has fallen. An be sending vord to her grace Dutchess dat Stig must go for vhile. Be back. But must go"
With that Stig turn and heads of muttering to him self
"Vhen him leave he say is to train her... Veavers train for da earth so he go train her our vay... 2days south of breach is vhere stig vill start tracking"

Travel has been slow, and Stig thought it may be wise to check in with the Dutchess before heading north, since he does not know when he'll return.
Walking through the front gate of the Dutchess' mansion he nods to the guards as he passes
"Is Dutchess being home? Needing speak vith her?"

Passing through her front foyer while heading towards her office, Victoria hears Stig's voice and pauses. Waiting until he passes the guards at the front and enters the building she says "Welcome Stig, you've arrived just as I was heading to my office, will you join me and you can fill me in on recent events as well as tell me what is on your mind." She turns and heads towards her office knowing that her newest guard will probably follow her shortly.

Stig nods and follows to her office.
Once inside Stig bows and begins to speak.
"Is good seeing Dutchess again. Stig sorry not come n see for a time. Much things happen in parsons n Stig need be dere."
He says with an almost sorrowful look.
"Things getting bad dere. Da dark reaches come and make pact vith da necromancer Kara Vale. Also da thing from da Remington lands ve fight when mister Mobious vas taken come back. Bruder Boris maybe make report of it? Thing called Illithid? Or MindFlayer?"
*Is stupid squid face* Stig mumbles to himself

"an Illithid? That is a nasty creature. Yes, it does sound like you were needed at the Breach indeed. The Dark Reaches making connections this close to Calanhelm is not good news, we shall need to keep an eye out on that development. Anything else to report?" Victoria replies

"Nasty is right. Make friends all try n kill encoder. Even making Stig its thrall. Tell stig go n cut down friends. Ve be losing many to da fighting....not all make it back to earth circle." Stig pauses a moment, then shakes his head to get back the matter at hand.
"Da others be here with caravan in maybe week. Stig know some may be going to da sanctum book place to look about da Illithid. Can Dutchess send any aid for dem? Kai. Da young foxkin dat be helping Dukes. Stig knowing she be looking for sure."

"It was someone close to you that did not make it back through the circle wasn't it, my condolences for your loss." Pausing a moment to think, she continues "My personal library isn't as extensive as that of the Arcane Sanctum, I do not know if there will be any information on this Illithid in there, but of course you and your friends are welcome to search and see if there is anything useful. I will give you a letter that will grant access to my library." Taking up a piece of paper and her quill she quickly writes out a note, signs it and applies her seal to the bottom, then folds it carefully. Handing the note to Stig she says "Have them show this to the guards and they will be shown to the library. Was there anything else that you need to discuss with me?"

"Is thanking. Fer ledder n fer kind vords" Stig replies as he takes the letter.
"Stig is hearing is trouble in north. Is sounding dat Frost giants is making move again. Stig is wanting go make sure people is safe. Knowing is party thing in few months dat Dutchess vanting guards vith her. Stig try n return for dis. Vith vord of vhat is happening...is ok Stig go? As man of Dutchess?"

"Yes, you may go north. I don't believe I will have need of you before the Masquerade. Give my best to your people." Victoria waves her hand towards the door, letting Stig know that he is free to take his leave when he is ready.

"Is thanking"
Stig bows again and takes his leave. As he leaves the mansion he stops a moment to ponder his best and quickest route north.

Hearing that his friend has returned from the Breach, Boris finds Stig in the main hall. "Stig! How is?"

"AH BORIS!" Stig replies, grasping his friend by the shoulders with a momentary look of happiness.
"Is not good. Come. ve valk n Stig tell Boris all dat is happen."
As they walk Stig tells Boris of the the many things that have happened in the last few months leading to a few weeks ago,
"...an da Illithid thing from Mobious lands. It come to parsons n makeing everyone fight. Many come back through circle..."
Stig stops as his face begins to turn a slight red. Not from the cold but from the thought of his loss.
" Cousin..Rothmund..vas not so lucky"
He looks to Boris with a fire in his eyes

Boris's face goes stony, and his eyes grow cold. "Den we will have to kill it. Excuse me Stig, need to get back to duties. Will be seeing you." Leaving Stig in the garden, Boris heads back inside.

Stig nods to his friend as he leaves then heads off mumbling to him self.
"Ve vill. But first .. must go North. Rothmund need be home"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back