Open cell foam

Jevedor

Fighter
New Hampshire Staff
Crossroads Staff
okay maybe I have really bad luck, but i cant find open cell foam. Where the heck can i buy it. I tried, Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart and Micheals Crafts. Not only could i not find it, the people that worked there had no idea what i was talking about.
Help?

Check futon shops - they often have large bags of scraps you can buy. Also an fabric shop (such as JoAnnes) will also carry it - albeit a bit expensive.

Jo-Ann Fabrics, usually in the back. They also carry high-dense foam.

youthculture said:
Jo-Ann Fabrics, usually in the back. They also carry high-dense foam.
yup...what she said....this is where I get my open cell foam

-Matt K.

I have to say though, it isn't cheep from them... I was lucky enough to be able to pick up extra "waste" open cell foam from my work last summer... But its running out now. :?

I always have gotten it at either Joanne Fabrics. Look for Cushion foam. OR even better Home depot, HQ, Loews etcx sell it in strips that are 2"x2"X several feet, as air conditioner spacers. It makes it easy since they are almost totally ready, youy just have to cut off a chunk!

Jevedor said:
okay maybe I have really bad luck, but i cant find open cell foam. Where the heck can i buy it. I tried, Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart and Micheals Crafts. Not only could i not find it, the people that worked there had no idea what i was talking about.
Help?

Ask for air conditioner foam. They will have it.

Coming up soon cause we're headed into camping season local department stores should start carrying camp pads in full 3'x6'x2"thick sheets for like 10-15 dollars. I know on the WC Fred Meyers carried these every year, I imagine Kmart or Walmart probably do as well. Cut it up into small sections and stack it in the back of a closet, you'll take years to use a whole one unless you start making a lot of blunts and axes.

Gilwing said:
Jevedor said:
Help?

I did, they didnt have it... apparently its a seasonal thing... i was surprised.

Jevedor said:
Gilwing said:
Jevedor said:
Help?

I did, they didnt have it... apparently its a seasonal thing... i was surprised.

Wow, me too...good luck

My local home Depot has it now. And Mass is still very cold. Hmmm. Order from their online catalog?

I would order it but i need it before friday to fix my short sword. There is a JO Anns about 30 mins from my house that i will check out tonight, i may try another home depot as well. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. :)

naenpredta said:
K i did some looking and I think i found some really cheap foam, not sure though. Let me know what you guys think????
http://www.misterart.com/g7887/FloraCra ... mc_id=7887

Oh! Me likey! If I didn't make my own open cell foam, I'd probably pick them up. That's a buttload of thrusting tips for a cheap price and in the perfect shape.

If you still need it on Friday see me at logistics. I normally have 5-10 extra tips on me at any given time. <-Yes, that sounds lovely doesn't it?

--Chazz

I beat up other players and steal their weapon tips.

It cool though, I wrote search and steal active on my license.

Back