Open cell foam

I find it amusing how much epic questing we do outside of the game.

"What's that you say! 15 oz. Ox Blood Red elephant hide leather codpieces! In Delaware! Fire up the war-station-wagon, we're going on a road trip!"

finaly found the foam at Jo Anns. Thanks guys, now lets see if the weapon passes :?

Try carving an egg shape out of the stuff. Practically an exercise in futility. But, hey, my Platypus scavvy needs life-size Emu eggs.

I have found the most beautiful way to care open cell foam like butter. Get an electric turky cutting knife. (I jacked on from my Mom when I sold her some new cutco kitchen knives and pointed out how bad electric knives are in the first place... Two for one!)

Then plug and play. :D As long as you can handle working with some moderately dangerous tools its really not that bad and cuts foam like a hot knife through butter...

Dreamingfurther said:
I have found the most beautiful way to care open cell foam like butter. Get an electric turky cutting knife. (I jacked on from my Mom when I sold her some new cutco kitchen knives and pointed out how bad electric knives are in the first place... Two for one!)

Then plug and play. :D As long as you can handle working with some moderately dangerous tools its really not that bad and cuts foam like a hot knife through butter...

Gotta try this. Hmm...I thought I had an electric knife.

I have an electric Styrofoam cutter. I wounder if it works on open cell. it uses a thin heated metal wire to cut the styrofoam. does open cell foam have a low enough melting point for the cutter to work. I would go try it but im at work.

Your heat cutter will work. Some do so better than others. Some have changable tips to allow for more effective cutting of different kinds of foam.

Turkey cutters aren't bad. I don't like to use them for anything but large scale stuff though.

--Chazz

Back