[.11] Oregon | November 2-3 | Thoughts and musings

Also make paralyze into stasis and in line with all the other curses that dont have exceptions for what they can affect...

If it goes down to 7th level, I’m okay with the current functionality.

If the goal of 2.0 is to make things simpler why have a spell with a ton of exceptions on what it affects? Other then "well it has always been that way!"

If the goal of 2.0 is to make things simpler why have a spell with a ton of exceptions on what it affects? Other then "well it has always been that way!"

It's not really an exception when it would share the same list as the things that are immune to Command, y'know.

Edit: To put it better, Paralysis is a Total KO ability. In terms of power, it's only exceeded by Prison and Death. Moving it down to 7th level so that Doom could be 8th level means that it would need to be balanced against Confine. Making it more powerful than 1.3 Paralysis while also dropping it in level would mean that E Casters would be -unquestionably- more powerful than Celestial casters. I don't want that. I'd prefer deleting Paralysis than changing it to Stasis, if only to preserve the power of C casters.

I have a question, did many people have spell stores and did they use GS to fill them with lifes? I imagine we will see this become a normal choice for their GS spell stores myself. On Saturday night, I imagine statting will need to be a bit harder as casters are dumping remaining spells (including lifes) into spellstores and memory strikes.

I have a question, did many people have spell stores and did they use GS to fill them with lifes? I imagine we will see this become a normal choice for their GS spell stores myself. On Saturday night, I imagine statting will need to be a bit harder as casters are dumping remaining spells (including lifes) into spellstores and memory strikes.

I know I have expressed this before but I hate the idea that you can pay 5 dollars for a life spell in the game, via gobbies. We truly are becoming a phone game with micro transactions at that point.

That just feels so wrong to me.

The issue is more that you can buy GS with $s than using GS in different ways. LARP runs off volunteerism, and you need to reward volunteerism somehow. Anyway, this is a side discussion.

Yes, we had spell stores with Lifes in them because we still had Lifes in memory going into memorization on Saturday and those of us with them cast them into the stores. I don't think anyone paid any GS for Lifes in their spell stores.

The issue is more that you can buy GS with $s than using GS in different ways. LARP runs off volunteerism, and you need to reward volunteerism somehow. Anyway, this is a side discussion.

I agree, though I know LARP also runs off site fees, prop costs, and supply costs. Donated $ usually translates into keeping event fees manageable for people who might not be able to afford the otherwise inflated cost of game.

Yes, we had spell stores with Lifes in them because we still had Lifes in memory going into memorization on Saturday and those of us with them cast them into the stores. I don't think anyone paid any GS for Lifes in their spell stores.

I thought the new spell store wiped at logistics/remem and could only be used to functionally share spells, not cross them between logistics?

I thought the new spell store wiped at logistics/remem and could only be used to functionally share spells, not cross them between logistics?

The text of Spell Store explicitly states it comes to game empty. It does not wipe during re-mem.

The spells in them last five-days now, crossing Logistics re-memorization times.

Ah I see, that changed between 1.2 and 1.3 playtest, I don't always keep up with everything, definitely makes the ritual significantly better!

Prison gets fixed by scrolls.

Doom/Corrupt doesn't have an expendable to cure them.

It's fair to be concerned about the design impact.

Back