Pay no Play

tieran said:
Quinn-

weird...

Sunnfire-

Ask JP (NH) about junk kicking...

No one... NO ONE... should let JP near their junk, especially if kicking or throwing things at said junk is involved. EVER.

JP did not get near anyone's junk...

it was more his mouth forcing my steel toed boot into an uncomfortable position ;-)

ahh... so you're the one I have to blame for him enjoying that poorly (or well, I suppose) placed packet quite so much...

probably... it was a NJ event a couple years ago...

he kept asking for it...

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Granted, my MWE definitely had that Purify coming... but he didn't have to enjoy the truly poetic placement and the view of me rolling on the bunk in pain QUITE so much.

Quinn said:
boffer combat to a foam junk phys-rep?

or is that not as satisfying

Foam... junk... phys-rep...
(shakes head)
Foam... junk... phys-rep...
(no, still can't get that out of my head!)

AHAHAHA...

poor guy...

oh my lord... =P not going to comment on that...

But isn't spending a few thousand dollars to send your character rocketing up in experience without playing them hardly at all what International lets people do with unlimited gobbie blankets? Why I like the way Alliance works is that even if you want to pour loads of cash just buying gobbie blankets and pay-no-play for events it still takes time for you to get that higher level character. So hopefully you'll have spent at least a semi reasonable time playing the game and are able to handle some more fun stuff. =)

In any case 2,000 for a 10th level is still pretty ridiculously expensive if one doesn't get the fun of playing till there. =P

It depends alot on what you consider "higher level"

I think, based on the schedule for this year, that you could probably hit 16-18th level this year through blanketing stuff, and never play an event...

I'd have to crunch the numbers to be sure... but I'm pretty sure I could get to 10th for a lot less than $2000...

tieran said:
What's the address?

and you should start a thread about it... you'd get more money...

though I could theoretically turn any event into a kick Riddick in the junk event for $65...

Yeah.... I just found this thread.

I hate you guys.

Ondreij said:
Steve,

We need to get you a codpiece to wear that has a cup in it to protect your junk...

-Seth
That's against the spirit of the rules for the Riddick junk-kick event.

Sorry Seth.

~Kelly

RiddickDale said:
tieran said:
What's the address?

and you should start a thread about it... you'd get more money...

though I could theoretically turn any event into a kick Riddick in the junk event for $65...

Yeah.... I just found this thread.

I hate you guys.

Ahhhh... I'm winning

I was a chapter owner for NERO International until I couldnt take the lack of leadership, initiative and drive.. well that and the corruption of the Prez there.

however, they dont have unlimited blankets it's a misconception, the most you were allowed to receive in one month was 30 blankets. Now, they dont audit character databases like Alliance does so there will always be the potential for some one to cheat, but unless they were running a chapter it is very evident when some one cheats.

they do sell long and short role-play sessions..think in person IBGA (In between game actions) but with Plot and you get an answer immediately.. and are not limited to your actions... no ritual casting no combat just RP.. like an IBGA.

as for the build curve in that game.. I'm not sure.. I play 2-3 times a year in International.. but I'm also insanely high level.. I'm level 50.. I only know CONFIRMED 4 other people who are higher level then me in the entire game... instead of "I heard so and so was this or I know so and so is that" I've seen character sheets.

-JC

Jorundr said:
...however, they dont have unlimited blankets it's a misconception, the most you were allowed to receive in one month was 30 blankets. ...

ONLY 30 blankets? Only THIRTY blankets? PER MONTH? That means if one where to blanket 12 months, that a year's worth of max blankets is like gaining experience points for 30 YEARS OF MONTHLY PLAY. No matter how you look at that, it's insanely obscene IMHO.

Ahh, 30 blankets a month...

Month 1 - Level 8...
month 2 - level 12..
Month 3 - Level 16..
Month 4 - Level 19..
Month 5 - Level 21..
Month 6 - Level 23..
Month 7 - Level 26..
Month 8 - Level 28..
Month 9 - Level 30..
Month 10 - Level 31..
Month 11 - Level 33..
Month 12 - Level 35..

Just for fun I multiplied the amount of XP for a single blanket times 360 (30 blankets/Month for 12 months).
Which comes out lower than it would if you sat there hitting the button (as your XP goes up as your build does).

Year 2 - 48th.
Year 3 - 59th
Year 4 - 69th
Year 5 - 78th
Year 6 - 86th
Year 7 - 93rd
Year 8 - 100th

Sweetness.

My Templar could be a 16's swinging dragon mage with all the fighter toys.

Wow, you can catch up to me in a year.....and I have been playing for more than 10 years.

We just need to find a chapter willing to hold faire days every day ;-)

Then you could get 32 blankets a month... at least most of the time

MM just think if this whole 'Alliance' thing spread far enough. Weeklong Cruises at sea, with built in 'dungeon decks' and 'lordly manors' up above. Heck, get 75 people to sign up in advance, and rent out a big chunk of north Dakota for a month long Alliance get-away. Alas reality interferes too much with such dreams. (That and no way would I want to event attempt writing plot for 30 days...) :mrgreen:

Back